Lieberman Research Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

Internship Interview

Interview

phone interview. questions about past experience and computer skills. follow the submission of a paper on companies you would like to work for and why and company you would not work for and why

Computer Programmer/Associate Survey Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide (Century City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview stages: 1. Contacted by HR recruiter through LinkedIn, asked to send resume to HR. Took a week to hear back regarding potential position. 2. Spoke with HR person (different than recruiter) via phone. Breakdown of potential offer, company info, team info, specific job requirements. 3. Phone Interview with one co-Vice President of Operations for programming team/department. Then follow up call from HR regarding phone interview and schedule in person interview. 4. Took a math aptitude assessment (~30 questions, 3min/question, timed). Need to understand basic math like percentages, fractions, reading data tables and charts, and some logic questions. Fairly easy if you have strong math skills. 5. In person interview at headquarters. 3hour process. Paid Valet Parking - Met with HR person (same as phone). Discussed the "culture" aspect of the company in more detail. -Met with other Co-Vice President of Operations for programming team/department. -Met with 2 people: 1 Senior Operations Manager and 1 Senior Survey Engineer -Meth with one other Senior Operations Manager - Met with HR person to debrief the interviews. 6. Was contacted the following day with an entry level offer. Pros: 1. Decent benefits (healthcare, dental, VSP, vacation, sick, company days, 401k...) 2. Paid parking in structure 3. "Culture" is importan1 (i.e team bonding and personalities) 4. Career goals and growth within company 5. Ability to move vertically and horizontally within company. 6. Hourly salary, so any time over 8 hours is paid "time and a half". 7. Two day orientation at company (with all new hires) and with specific "team"/department. Cons: 1. For entry level position, non negotiable hourly salary. 2. This particular department requires 9-10hour days due to demand. 3. May not be able to achieve work/life balance (TBD). Overall Interview Process: Doing research on Glassdoor, LinkedIn, about the company, potential interview questions and familiarity with resume made for a fairly straightforward and smooth interviews. The amount of time the entire process takes is on the longer side, so that aspect would be average as opposed to easy.

Interview Questions

• What computer program languages do you like and which ones do you dislike and why? Some are generic "hypothetical scenario" questions and others are tailored to your resume.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter a little over a week after applying online. Spoke on the phone with the recruiter about my previous work history and what the job I was applying for entailed. Afterwards, we scheduled a time for me to complete the second phase of the interview. Phase 2 of the interview involved completing a math assessment as well as a writing assessment.

Interview Questions

• Apple changed the size & shape of its iPhone 6. Was this a good idea from a marketing perspective? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, Math Assessment, and Writing Assessment. The writing portion was based on three questions, all related to market research strategies. The math assessment had roughly 7 questions, with a time limit.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Timed math (critical thinking, percentages) and writing assessment (arguing a point, choose among 3 prompts) followed by a face to face interview with the recruiter (conversational). During the interview portion they also completed a brief Meyers-Briggs personality test. Recruiter was very friendly and easy to talk to. Should hear back next week if I get the position or not (disregard the "no offer" on this review)

Interview Questions

• If you could be anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

Interview

I had to take a 20 minutes math test which was fairly easy, and then they gave me 3 topics to choose from and I had pick one and write an essay format response. After that I had an analysis test. I was given a few cards that contained one of the their recent research findings and I had to tell which one was the Concluding statement, supporting argument and evidence. After that the interviewer took me to another room and asked me questions about my resume and behavioral questions. Then I got to the second round of interviews. The second round is a full day interview with 5-6 people in the company including one of the chairmen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your 2 biggest accomplishments aside from getting into a good college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide (Century City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first interview included 1-1.5 hours of assessments on math, writing, and analysis and a one on one interview with a talent acquisition specialist following the assessments. The second round interviews were with everyone on the team you could potentially be a part of and with the founder of the company. Each interview was done one-on-one. The interviews were mostly conversational where you would be asked questions about your skills and experience both directly and indirectly as well as told more about the company/position. The interview with the founder was the most difficult since he asked challenging brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 instances in your life where you made a mistake and learned from it.   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide (Great Neck, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for the first round with an employee that asked some screening and some behavioral type questions. The woman was very rude and not a good first impression of the company. Second round interviews were with three other employees in the organization. These women were much kinder and professional than the first round woman. All in all, and alright interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what team experiences you've had and how you've overcome a difficulty in that team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by 2.5 hour onsite interview. Onsite interview includes a short math assessment and and essay on a marketing topic. Also, complete a matching assignment with note cards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

Interview

I went through a temping agency for this interview and had no contact with LRW until I arrived on the day. Prior to being considered, I was required to take a math test that was fairly simple, but with time constraints. The staff all seemed very friendly, and the interviewer was quite friendly. I was asked several questions about my previous employment, where I thought I would go if I were to be permanently hired in their company, and how I would respond to a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would respond to having two competing clients with needs and only having enough time to finish one.   Answer Question