Lieberman Research Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.2

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

I had to take a 20 minutes math test which was fairly easy, and then they gave me 3 topics to choose from and I had pick one and write an essay format response. After that I had an analysis test. I was given a few cards that contained one of the their recent research findings and I had to tell which one was the Concluding statement, supporting argument and evidence.
    After that the interviewer took me to another room and asked me questions about my resume and behavioral questions. Then I got to the second round of interviews. The second round is a full day interview with 5-6 people in the company including one of the chairmen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your 2 biggest accomplishments aside from getting into a good college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide in February 2015.

There are two rounds of interviews.

The first interview included 1-1.5 hours of assessments on math, writing, and analysis and a one on one interview with a talent acquisition specialist following the assessments.

The second round interviews were with everyone on the team you could potentially be a part of and with the founder of the company. Each interview was done one-on-one.

The interviews were mostly conversational where you would be asked questions about your skills and experience both directly and indirectly as well as told more about the company/position. The interview with the founder was the most difficult since he asked challenging brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 instances in your life where you made a mistake and learned from it.   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide in February 2015.

Phone interview for the first round with an employee that asked some screening and some behavioral type questions. The woman was very rude and not a good first impression of the company. Second round interviews were with three other employees in the organization. These women were much kinder and professional than the first round woman. All in all, and alright interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me what team experiences you've had and how you've overcome a difficulty in that team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

Short phone interview followed by 2.5 hour onsite interview. Onsite interview includes a short math assessment and and essay on a marketing topic. Also, complete a matching assignment with note cards.

none

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide in August 2014.

Submitted and cover letter for an internship position. They called me and told me I was more qualified for a job at the company. Set up a face-to-face interview. After the interview, they told me that they would get back to me regardless of whether I got the job or not. They said that they weren't one of those companies that just left someone hanging after the interview. I waited, and waited, but they never got back to me. I ended up eventually contacting the hiring manager, who told me that they had found someone else.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

I went through a temping agency for this interview and had no contact with LRW until I arrived on the day. Prior to being considered, I was required to take a math test that was fairly simple, but with time constraints. The staff all seemed very friendly, and the interviewer was quite friendly. I was asked several questions about my previous employment, where I thought I would go if I were to be permanently hired in their company, and how I would respond to a specific scenario.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would respond to having two competing clients with needs and only having enough time to finish one.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Neck, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

Location: Great Neck The interview process was very bizarre and they embellished the job description. They said the position was for an entry level research assistant and when I got to the interview they said it was to be an entry level book keeper but they did not want to list it as a receptionist position because their phone only rings about 10 times a day. They indicated that the position had room for growth and when I asked what the position could turn into their response was "Assistant Bookkeeper" It did not make sense to me and there were two people interviewing me and in the middle of the interview they intentionally started having a full fledged personal conversation among themselves to see how I would react so i politely let them talk for a while and then politely interjected to bring the focus back to my qualifications. They did not take time to review my resume as the male interviewer was under the impression that I did not have any experience when I did. As the interview went on, the female interviewer interrupted me to say that she smelled a co-worker cooking his grandmothers soup in the microwave next door and asked me if I could smell the soup, I politely sniffed the air and reluctantly said "I think so". They seemed really desperate to fill the position and were asking how soon I could start and did not appear happy that i was not desperate to start as soon as possible. I really hope the interviewers were intentionally acting the way they did on this interview because if they were not, it is one of the most unusual, hilarious, unbelievable and unprofessional interviews I have ever been on and I am so glad I am not interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you smell my co-workers grandmother's soup cooking in the microwave next door?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed years ago and the process is different now.

Interview with HR - typical questions, also had to take a written test, but it was pretty easy math and an essay

Interview with your potential team - I had a lot of interviewers for this one, but it wasn't too difficult.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lieberman Research Worldwide.

The interview consists of a short essay and math quiz. For the essay you are given an option of 2 prompts and you must argue a position. That was fairly easy except you are only provided a paper and pencil. (NOTE: I have not used paper and pencil to write an essay in a long time). The math quiz can be challenging. They have you answer about 20 questions: 10 are based on a data table, 10 are brain teaser questions. I honestly would have preferred having to submit a writing sample since it would have been a better indicator of my writing ability for a market research position.

After that, you have an interview with their recruiter. This is where the process went sour. There is an age difference; the recruiter is on the young side. I honestly felt awkward describing my past experience with a recruiter who is much younger than I am, seemed bored during my responses. I found myself asking "Why am I interviewing with this person and not a researcher at the firm?" But I guess they have plenty candidates and need to weed out half of them.

After the interview, I realized that their mission is to hire young, very hip, and very outgoing people. More weight is placed on personality, even if your credentials suck.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun?   View Answer
    • What attribute in a company is most important to you?   View Answer

Market Research Interview

Interview will last two and a half hours. It composes of an assessment test and a one-on-one interview.