Life Care Centers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cook Interview

Cook
Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Care Centers in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very long processes for a cook. Took about 2 weeks to finally get an interview in person. After 3-4 phone calls just to get a hold of the manager i finally went and talk to him in person. Very informal, the interview took place outside on a terrace. The whole thing seemed chaotic, unorganized. The manager talked for almost 2 hours, most of the time he was sharing his work experiences, gave me a short and clouded job description. After the talk i went and saw a video about the LCC, it came with a test. Later did the strength test, TB and took a short look in the kitchen. This whole thing took about 5 hours and for the entire time i was only offered something to drink (it has changed now, the process is spread out over 2 days and you get a meal)

Interview Question – Not really difficult or unsuspected questions. I was surprised this took so long just for a cook position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base salary and refused it. Got another offer, a bit higher and accepted.

State Tested Nursing Assistant Interview

State Tested Nursing Assistant
Orange Park, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Life Care Centers in January 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application in October 2009 and received a phone call for an interview in January 2010. Interview was an hour long and I was requested to fill out an updated application. I met with the Human Resources Manager first and then the Director of Nursing. I was asked to complete a physical evaluation of strength by lifting 45 lbs and carrying it across the room. I also was required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. I was told that I did well and could expect a phone call within the next 1-2 weeks. I didn't hear back from them for a week and decided to call and was told I had the job but that orientation wouldn't start for another week.

CNA Interview

CNA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Care Centers in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone call to come in for interview. Questions regarding scope of practice and what you would do in certain situations. Interview was easy and I was offered the job at the end of the interview. Got a call wednesday, interview thursday and started on monday. They give you four days of orientation with another CNA to get used to the routine and flow of the day

Interview Question – What was a specific time you helped a resident who resisted care and how did you accomplish your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Business Office Manager Interview

Business Office Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Care Centers in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. They called to schedule an interview. I had an interview with the district and regional field controllers and then the second interview was with the executive director. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – If we looked in your closet what would we see? The were looking for organization   Answer Question

Dietary Aide Interview

Dietary Aide
Valparaiso, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Life Care Centers in March 2013.

Interview Details – very "lazy" for lack of a better word. The hiring manager admitted he had never hired anyone with a degree, he had only hired people who "cooked for their families." Considering we were cooking for 85+ people with multiple diets this didn't seem like good management, but I went on anyway. Also my referneces were never checked until after I had received the position.

Interview Question – none, the manager didn't have many questions, I seemed to interview him more than he interviewed me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, I told him what I expected to make, and he said he would talk to the executive director and see if he could get me that much. Mind you I only made $9.50/hr and that was still $1.00 more than the cooks and aides usually made. Also payment went on a sliding scale there, no one made the same amount as another person, this was a dietary discussion topic much more than 1 time, and no one was happy about it.

Staff Accountant-in-Training Interview

Staff Accountant-in-Training
Cleveland, TN

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Life Care Centers.

Interview Details – I found out about the position through a current employee there on LinkedIn. Told me that her department was seeking to hire people for positions. I gave her my resume, and she gave it to her director. Director called to find out my interest on interviewing with LCCA. I came in and had two interviews, one with the director and the other with a group of five managers who work for the director. Had outstanding interviews - both the director and managers with impressed with how real and human I was and made everyone involved feel like I could relate to them. They liked how I would pause 45 seconds to a minute before answering every one of their questions.

Interview Question – I don't think there was any unexpected questions from the director or managers. Pretty much straight forward. Unexpected question was about the general balances of assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses. Questions were pretty much to see how well I would fit in with the department.   Answer Question

RN Interview

RN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Life Care Centers in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied, got a phone call from director, set up an interview, interview, tour the nice parts of the facility, wait 3 days, job offer, drug test, background check by Kroll (takes 2 weeks) 3 days orientation.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work here instead of the hospital.   Answer Question

PTA Interview

PTA
Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Life Care Centers.

Interview Details – PRofessional, kind, considerate,

Interview Question – How much will i get paid   View Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager

Interviewed at Life Care Centers

Interview Details – Unproffesional told details of "drama" between staff and foucsed on the negitives

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
North Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Life Care Centers.

Interview Details – Interview with Tim Smith and Steve Meadow I was ask question like what was the worst position i was put in, How well i work with other am i a team player. Am i able to work alone without supervise, How will do i follow company policies.

Interview Question – Most difficult was having to work short, and the most unexpected is having 5 discharges in one day while working short.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pleasant and Warm

Worked for Life Care Centers? Contribute to the Community!