Life Technologies Interview Questions in Austin, TX

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Life Technologies in March 2011.

Applied for position through website advertisement. Was initally contacted via email, followed by a preliminary phone interview to check eligibility. Second round of interview was face-to-face. Expenses were fully paid for travel to interview site in Austin. Interview co-ordinators were very helpful and cordial. 3 rounds of 30 min technical interview with supervisor and managers. Questions were both technical and behavioral. Final round was a HR interview. All interviewers were very professional and made me feel comfortable. Was well informed about the when I can expect to hear about the result of the interview. Final communication about the offer came via phone and confirmed by email.

Interview Questions
    • What is your perception of the future of RNA sequencing and how big do you think its market will be?   Answer Question
    I was made an offer and I accepted it. I did not try to negotiate as I thought my offer was reasonable. But I strongly advice future applicants to try to negotiate and try to see if the company improves the offer.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Life Technologies in January 2009.

Met with all departments that I would have interaction with, took about 5 hours, but was not overly laborious. Meetings with management one on one and entire groups of peers for panel type interviews.

Interview Questions
    Originally a 3 month contract position with option to extend and possible pay raise at extension. At extension and pay raise was not initially offered. Negotiations were brief, personal, and successful in my opinion.