Life Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Life Technologies in January 2009.

Interview Details – Met with all departments that I would have interaction with, took about 5 hours, but was not overly laborious. Meetings with management one on one and entire groups of peers for panel type interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Originally a 3 month contract position with option to extend and possible pay raise at extension. At extension and pay raise was not initially offered. Negotiations were brief, personal, and successful in my opinion.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Life Technologies in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for position through website advertisement. Was initally contacted via email, followed by a preliminary phone interview to check eligibility. Second round of interview was face-to-face. Expenses were fully paid for travel to interview site in Austin. Interview co-ordinators were very helpful and cordial. 3 rounds of 30 min technical interview with supervisor and managers. Questions were both technical and behavioral. Final round was a HR interview. All interviewers were very professional and made me feel comfortable. Was well informed about the when I can expect to hear about the result of the interview. Final communication about the offer came via phone and confirmed by email.

Interview Question – What is your perception of the future of RNA sequencing and how big do you think its market will be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer and I accepted it. I did not try to negotiate as I thought my offer was reasonable. But I strongly advice future applicants to try to negotiate and try to see if the company improves the offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Life Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Life Technologies Videos

Life Technologies – Why Work for Us?

It’s a New Day Life Technologies has combined with Thermo Fisher Scientific (NASDAQ: TMO) to create an unrivaled industry leader. The Life Technologies brand is now one of Thermo Fisher’s four premier product brands… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Technologies interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Life Technologies employees and interview candidates.