Life Technologies

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Freelance Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Life Technologies in December 2013.

Contacted via a recruiter at Aquent who screened my profile and portfolio. Portfolio then was sent to the Creative Department content manager who in tern contacted me. I was asked to come in for an interview with the Creative Director, Creative Manager and Art Director. Very casual and friendly interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected, with the exception of the question about working on biotech without having expertise in the industry   Answer Question

Scientist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Life Technologies in September 2013.

Very professional and smooth interview process

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you handeled conflicts in the past   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Technologies in April 2013.

First contact was a brief phone call by recruiter, screening for personality and interest.
    Second contact was an hour phone call from my to-be manager. Third contact was on-site 30 minute interview with manager, and 30 minute interview with department HR director. Fourth contact was phone call from initial recruiter, with offer.

Interview Questions
    • None. Complete personality testing. Seemed very genuine, comfortable, and enjoyable.   Answer Question
    Don't negotiate. The pay is great as it is, and there are lots of other students who they can easily hire.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Life Technologies in March 2013.

They have mostly two interviews. If they like then they tell you during the interview. They have little bit slow process to get hire you.

Interview Questions
    They don't do negotiation for intern positions.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Life Technologies.

got an phone call from HR first and then have a telephone interview with hire manager, bring to the onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Very common and detail question, prepared and review the job experince you already have   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Life Technologies in December 2012.

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager and onsite round of interviews. The position was based out of town for me. I had applied online to their job posting and the recruiter reached out for an initial phone screen. After about a week, I was scheduled to speak with the hiring manager for about 45-50 minutes. The phone interview was basically to learn about my work experience, background and details around the specific job position/team at the company.

After about 2 weeks of my phone interview with hiring manager, I was invited for the onsite interview to the company's HQ office. As it was based out of my current location, the company made all my travel arrangements for the onsite interview (airline booking, hotel and rental car reservations). They had company policies about reimbursement of expenses and all and it was very clearly communicated I was sent all the reservation details well ahead of my interview date. Everything was very well planned and coordinated.

The onsite round was for 4 hours (30 minutes with 7 people). It was a long day as I met with 7 different team members (hiring manager, HR person, peers/co-workers and business partners etc). Most of the interviews were situational (case study types) and consisted of asking me about my previous work experience and how I would be a good fit to the team. There were a couple of technical questions around corporate finance, accounting and what kind of systems etc. I used in my previous positions. The interviewers were warm and friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in the interview process. The whole interview process went on smoothly and it was a good experience.

For the next couple of weeks, I was in constant touch with the recruiter as they had a high level of interest in hiring me. As I was not a local candidate, I was asked about my relocation preferences a lot during the entire process. After about 2.5 weeks later, I was informed that they chose someone else for the position, and I got a rejection. Instead of dodging my just emailing me, the recruiter spoke to me over the phone and explained the team's decision. That was very nice in my opinion and just shows the level of transparency in a company's culture. The best part about the whole thing was that they were very transparent and excellent with their communication. I was always kept updated through the recruiter who offered me good support during the entire interview process. It was a great experience interviewing, meeting the team at their HQ and post-interview follow up/feedback. I am very impressed by their professionalism in conducting interviews (even for out-of-town candidates). Overall, a very good experience!!!

Interview Questions
    • How do you value add, contribute to a position? Examples from previous roles.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Technologies in November 2012.

Initial Phone interview with Recruiter, Followed by Phone Interview with Hiring Mgr and Potential Co-Worker. Final On-Site interview with HR, Hiring Mgr, and potential Co-Worker. Entire process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss for me something recent that you have built or desinged.   View Answer
    • How do you work in a Team environment?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving/considering leaving your present job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Life Technologies in November 2012.

The application is online. That is the only way to apply. It is good to know someone on the inside to refer you. A recruiter calls to confirm interest. There are several interviews, either 5 or 6. The interviews were one on one's that occurred back to back. It was an all day process in a special interviewing area. Specialty coffee, snacks and an onsite cafeteria was available. That was really nice. Overall every seemed really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 and 10 years? Are you applying for any other positions? Why do you want to work here? Are you interested in this department as much as this position?   Answer Question

SOX Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Technologies.

Phone Interview, On-Site Interview. All within 2-3 weeks. General Interview, ask questions about resume, what you know about SOX, previous experience, etc. Have about 5 days to accept. Background check required.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Life Technologies.

Very short and concise if they have decided to hire