Life Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist III Interview

Scientist III
Frederick, MD

I applied online - interviewed at Life Technologies in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on company website, contacting after 3 wks for phone interview which was scheduled the following week. One week later scheduled in house interview with multiple interviewers. Interview process very professional with the majority of the questions being technical in nature. Only a couple of behavioral questions (communication, teamwork). Really enjoyed the process. Everyone seemed genuinely engaged in the process, had questions ready and took notes.

Interview Question – Don't feel that any of the questions were difficult, but also felt that I was well qualified for the position. No questions were really unexpected, but did review most common behavioral interview questions on various websites.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told up front that salary was not negotiable, however did try to negotiate on other points, but they were not accepted.

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I
Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Life Technologies in July 2010.

Interview Details – Just had a phone interview with a panel over a period of 3-4 hours, mostly behavioral and time management type questions asked

Interview Question – Interview was in 2010, so I cannot recollect the specifics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview Details – Their hiring and interview process makes child birth seem like a trip to Disney Land, and for what purpose? They treat you like a dog once they hire you and fire people at the drop of a hat. You would do well to avoid working for this company they could care less about their employees.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer very little in way of perks other than over cooked hot dogs and hamburgers at a few insignificant employee cookouts during the summer.

Worked for Life Technologies? Contribute to the Community!