Life Technologies

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist III Interview

Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional and smooth interview process

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you handeled conflicts in the past   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, mostly cultural fit / behavioral questions.

Negotiation Details – Was told not to negotiate due to the VP of the department being very stingy at the time.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details – They have mostly two interviews. If they like then they tell you during the interview. They have little bit slow process to get hire you.

Interview Question – They do not ask difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't do negotiation for intern positions.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Life Technologies in May 2013.

Interview Details – Asked about technical molecular biology skills and some molecular biology concepts. Went over your resume and asked you to describe your experience and skills. Phone interview with three people via conference call, all described their individual projects and what the intern was going to do. Interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Question – Describe plasmid cloning   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person.

Interview Question – All questions were in the realm of expectedness   Answer Question

Technical Sales Specialist Interview

Technical Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Life Technologies in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was reached out by the in house recruiter and had a pleasant conversation. I was then moved forward to the hiring manager. Great conversations ensued and I was moved on to the next step which was to phone interview with three of the hiring managers colleagues from higher directors to other DMs. Final interview was face to face with the hiring manager and then offer letter followed.

Interview Question – Many behavioral questions, why decide this field now? Worse client and how did you react? What value can you bring to our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiatie but was not given a counter offer at all.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Life Technologies in November 2012.

Interview Details – The application is online. That is the only way to apply. It is good to know someone on the inside to refer you. A recruiter calls to confirm interest. There are several interviews, either 5 or 6. The interviews were one on one's that occurred back to back. It was an all day process in a special interviewing area. Specialty coffee, snacks and an onsite cafeteria was available. That was really nice. Overall every seemed really nice.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 5 and 10 years? Are you applying for any other positions? Why do you want to work here? Are you interested in this department as much as this position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview Details – This was 5 individual interviews. One interviewer told me all about her new position and only asked me one question. Another interviewer told me she "likes to chit-chat through these things anyway" and didn't even answer any of MY prepared questions. Another interviewer actually did have a good business conversation with me but despite being told "there is no wrong answer" he proceeded to tell me why I was wrong anyway! LOL!!

The hiring manager didn't make the interview so I had to reschedule and come back. He did then spend a lot of time going over his department goals and accomplishments BUT never did explain to me the position.

They ended up not hiring for this position and reposted it as something different, then hired for that position without interviewing anyone (info from HR).

Interview Question – I wish they had asked questions!!!   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward. Had a call from the hiring manager. Needed to reschedule due to a conflict, but the actual interview went well. General conversation about my background and experience and how it aligned with the needs of the company. Went in later for the in-person interviews with the team. Fairly unstructured since it didn't appear anyone had specific areas they were probing. No behavioral questions.

Interview Question – None that I can remember as especially challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first offer was below what I wanted, but I was able to counter to get to an agreeable figure.

Temporary Sales Interview

Grand Island, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Life Technologies.

Interview Details – called in for interview that day and was offered job within the hour

Interview Question – all questions were straight forward   Answer Question