Life Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Life Technologies in May 2013.

Interview Details – Asked about technical molecular biology skills and some molecular biology concepts. Went over your resume and asked you to describe your experience and skills. Phone interview with three people via conference call, all described their individual projects and what the intern was going to do. Interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Question – Describe plasmid cloning   Answer Question

Senior Staff Scientist Interview

Senior Staff Scientist
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Technologies in June 2010.

Interview Details – I visited a number of sites and met with over 10 people over the course of two days; I also had phone interviews. I had skills tests plus presentations about my current and past work. I was able to ask questions as well in the allotted time, which really helped make my decision. Finally, I had 1:1 meetings with a lot of potential colleagues.

Interview Question – Skills test #1   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do your research when negotiating, even if you do not have competing offers (I did). Reasonable evidence yields reasonable results. Let them give you an offer first, and definitely counter. They do have salary ranges for position descriptions, but they are flexible for other types of compensation (stock, milestone/signing bonuses).

Worked for Life Technologies? Contribute to the Community!