Life Technologies Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

interviewed at Life Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Asked about technical molecular biology skills and some molecular biology concepts. Went over your resume and asked you to describe your experience and skills. Phone interview with three people via conference call, all described their individual projects and what the intern was going to do. Interview lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

Senior Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Life Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I visited a number of sites and met with over 10 people over the course of two days; I also had phone interviews. I had skills tests plus presentations about my current and past work. I was able to ask questions as well in the allotted time, which really helped make my decision. Finally, I had 1:1 meetings with a lot of potential colleagues.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do your research when negotiating, even if you do not have competing offers (I did). Reasonable evidence yields reasonable results. Let them give you an offer first, and definitely counter. They do have salary ranges for position descriptions, but they are flexible for other types of compensation (stock, milestone/signing bonuses).