Life Technologies Senior Staff Scientist Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Technologies in June 2010.

I visited a number of sites and met with over 10 people over the course of two days; I also had phone interviews. I had skills tests plus presentations about my current and past work. I was able to ask questions as well in the allotted time, which really helped make my decision. Finally, I had 1:1 meetings with a lot of potential colleagues.

Interview Questions
Do your research when negotiating, even if you do not have competing offers (I did). Reasonable evidence yields reasonable results. Let them give you an offer first, and definitely counter. They do have salary ranges for position descriptions, but they are flexible for other types of compensation (stock, milestone/signing bonuses).

Worked for Life Technologies? Contribute to the Community!