Life Time Fitness Aquatics Lifeguard Interview Questions

2.7

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I was hired without an interview, but then required to go to an interview as a procedural safeguard. The interview was held with another interviewee who I did not know would be there. In essence, we were interviewing for the same position and shared our answers one after the other. I also had to write out the company goals and values word for word. I interviewed for another position with this company and that time it was a group interview with ten people, again with no forewarning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little negotiation with these entry level positions. The hours are made by the hiring staff and often they forget if you ask for certain times of day or days of the week off. Negotiation is better dealt with with department supervisors.

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The hiring process at Life Time Fitness takes an extremely long time. Once contacted about interviewing with Life Time as a lifeguard I completed 3 interviews. The first was with the Aquatics Department Head, which was mostly behavioral questions. She also asked questions about my prior lifeguarding experience. The second was an in-water interview to assess my Lifeguard technique and swimming skills (you must know all 4 strokes to pass). The third was a group interview with the General Manager for our location with other candidates for the position. At this stage you had to know the Life Time Vision and Mission Statements and answer some general questions. After all three stages the start processing paperwork which can take weeks!

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult things I had to do was know the mission/vision statement. If you have prior experience as a lifeguard or you show that you have a great work ethic, than getting hired is not a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Life Time asks a lot of situational questions where you have to come up with real customer service related scenarios. They also focus a lot on how you live your daily life to see if your lifestyle matches the company's mission/vision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give up doing something with friends or family in order to achieve a goal.   Answer Question