Life Time Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Architecture Project Lead Interview

Architecture Project Lead
Chanhassen, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in August 2013.

Interview Details – You have to submit your resume in their Taleo system. Then their internal recruiter will call you and schedule a phone pre-screening interview with themselves. If this person feels you qualify, they will pass your resume along to the decision committee who will decide if they want to interview you are not. My resume was passed along twice. I interviewed in person once and was not selected the second time.

The telephone pre-screen interview was about a half an hour. The questions were really just a review of your resume to obtain a better understanding of your history.

When I interviewed in person, it was with the Director of Architecture and a couple of other people. I'm not sure who they were as they weren't necessarily memorable. I know I was not expecting to have to interview in front of a team of people as it was never mentioned pre-interview, so it was intimidating. After the interview, one of the group members gives you a tour of the facilities across from the head quarters which unfortunately was a little uncomfortable because you are in full business interview suit and tie and walking around a humid fitness club is not ideal.

After the in-person interview, I received a follow up call from the recruiter pending the decision and when the decision was made. I also received a follow up call from the recruiter from my second prescreening when my resume was not selected for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – A healthy way of life is our company's motto, how do you live a healthy way of life?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Brand Director Interview

Brand Director
Chanhassen, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2011.

Interview Details – Can you ride a bike for 100 miles?

Interview Question – Can you work with people from the midwest?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-existent

Very Difficult Interview

Interactive Design/Development Interview

Interactive Design/Development
Chanhassen, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter for a full-time position with the interactive team. Sent my design portfolio and some examples pertinent to the job. The Life Time folks said they liked it and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went really, really well. The recruiter contacted me to say they felt the same way, and they scheduled me for a big, 2-hour interview two days later.

However...the recruiter called me the day before my big interview and said, "Unfortunately they've cancelled the interview, and have decided not to pursue you any further. When I asked them what had changed, the team lead said that he showed your portfolio to his team, and he said there was a 'negative predisposition' towards your work. When I pressed him, he said that one or two people on his team either didn't like your work, or they felt that your experience was not good enough. But then he never really gave me a solid answer." The crazy thing was that this had happened to another one of this recruiter's candidates, and in that case, the interview was cancelled when the interviewee was on his way to the interview.

So if you apply for a position at Life Time, be prepared that they may sound interested and all, but then arbitrarily cancel the interview and pull the rug out from under you with little to no explanation.

Interview Question – In the phone interview I was asked about my experience in interactive design, and about any particular accomplishments for which I felt proud.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Chanhassen, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with management and additional interview with senior management.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you didnt agree with another coworker, how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be realistic.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Chanhassen, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2009.

Interview Details – I actually interviewed in Dec of 2007 (it wasn't an option on the drop down). I had a phone interview with the recruiter who asked background questions. I then came in to meet face-to-face with the team I'd be working with. They asked a series of behavioral based questions. I came back two more times to meet with three more people - 2 VPs and 1 Sr. Director. I received an offer in early Jan and started 2.5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision that went against company policy. What were the factors you considered?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were faced with an unexpected change at work. What was the nature of the change and how did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company is very open to negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness interview questions and advice in Chanhassen, MN. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees and interview candidates.