Life Time Fitness

109 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Interviewed at Life Time Fitness

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted about a month later. There were two interviews, first with head of child care and then with GM. For the second you are required to have memorized the mission and the vision.

Interview Question – What was a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
What does good customer service mean to you?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a closer job

Personal Trainer Interview

Rockville, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2014.

Interview Details – I reached out to the head of personal training after doing research on the website and figuring out who to contact. We arranged to meet and had exchanged numerous email. On the day of my interview, I arrived early and was left waiting for about 15 minutes. None of the staff had any idea of what was going on. Turns out, the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't there that day. I spoke with the assistant department head who was really nice. He asked me questions about Life Time's mission statement and why I want to work at Life Time over other gyms, pretty typical.
He then went on to tell me about how Life Time runs their personal training - it's all sales. Basically, their trainers have to meet a quota for personal training package sales, supplement sales, and equipment sales. So basically, it's a sales job. The actual training is secondary to the quota you have to meet. I was instantly turned off to the company and the position. I had been a member of Life Time for years and it was actually how I got into fitness. Discovering that they're more focused on money than their members was like finding out Santa isn't real.
All in all, the assistant department head told me I'd have to come back when the guy I was supposed to interview with returned; I found out we had both wasted an hour of our time.

Interview Question – You will have to sell training packages, can you do that?   View Answer

Certified Personal Trainer Interview

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online through website, quick phone chat with Personal Training Department Head, followed by and in person interview and a practical exam.

Interview Question – The practical exam was easy for me as a NASM certified trainer, know basic corrective exercises for common injuries. Also, behavioral interview questions like: "describe a time when you had to persuade someone to do something that you though would be good for them"   Answer Question

Assistant Department Head Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – Multi step process beginning with the head of personal training and finishing with the GM.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they set their expectations and if you can fulfill it then you are dropped.

Swimming Instructor Interview

Garland, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very informal. 4 Behavioral Questions.

Interview Question – Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from the department head asking for an interview. The DH asked about previous/current work, and asked how I would proceed in hypothetical situations (ex. a guest complains his/her food is too hot - how would you respond?).

About a week later I interviewed with the General Manager where I had to recite the company vision and mission statement from memory.

The following week I was offered the job over the phone, then it was just a matter of a couple more weeks filling out paperwork, waiting for my background check, and then another couple before HR put me in the system. And a few hours of online training videos and tests before actual job training.

Interview Question – A guest orders an item that is unavailable, and when told, insists that you are wrong - how do you proceed?   View Answer

Business Administrator Interview

Business Administrator
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in July 2012.

Interview Details – Long process involving up to 3 interviews and a background check can take up to 3 weeks before you are actually hired. Phone interview, an interview with the Department Head and the General Manager and then one with the General Manager. Background check can take anywhere from 3 -10 days to come back.

Interview Question – None of the questions are difficult, they just have nothing to do with how you're going to do the job or how you are qualified for the job. All the questions give an example of an event and then how did you handle it in your case and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with Life Time. They operate strictly by their budget which is very low within the actual clubs.

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – Met with the Fitness Director and the General Manager of the club. I didn't feel like there was much communication between the two with Human Resource department prior to my interviews because they were all over the place and neither seemed to have any understanding of my previous experience or educational background.

Interview Question – To speak about how the mission and vision of the company effected me personally.   Answer Question

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Summer Camp Counselor
Commerce Township, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – 3 different interviews: first small partner interview with basic interview questions. Next propose a game to play with 20-30 children ages 5-12. Last was a big group interview of 10 people where at the end everyone was offered the job.

Interview Question – Had to memorize all the mission statements every time or else would have to do it over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.00

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Aquatics Lifeguard
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – The hiring process at Life Time Fitness takes an extremely long time. Once contacted about interviewing with Life Time as a lifeguard I completed 3 interviews. The first was with the Aquatics Department Head, which was mostly behavioral questions. She also asked questions about my prior lifeguarding experience. The second was an in-water interview to assess my Lifeguard technique and swimming skills (you must know all 4 strokes to pass). The third was a group interview with the General Manager for our location with other candidates for the position. At this stage you had to know the Life Time Vision and Mission Statements and answer some general questions. After all three stages the start processing paperwork which can take weeks!

Interview Question – One of the most difficult things I had to do was know the mission/vision statement. If you have prior experience as a lifeguard or you show that you have a great work ethic, than getting hired is not a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Life Time Fitness

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness interview questions and advice. All 109 interview reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees and interview candidates.