Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Long. Several face to face and telephone interviews with many levels of the organization. Having to use the online system was hard too. Once it was all done I felt they had thoroughly vetted me and hope that all employees were researched as much as I was.

Child Center Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Very laid back. They ask about your background in child care and what you enjoy about working with kids. You must meet with the general manager after your interview with the child care supervisor- where you then have to state the Lifetime Fitness Mission Statement.

Facility Operations Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Manager called me and had a mini interview with me over the phone then invited me to an actual in person interview later on during the call. In person interview was a couple days later and was asked simple questions and just had conversations with the manager. Talked about the job and what it does.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done that will help you in this position?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Detailed, phone screen, and the interviews with gm and category leads and area director. Background checks to be done to complete process. Looking for motivated high energy people.

Ultimate Hoops League Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2015.

I the process was very easy. I applied online and submitted my resume online through the Life Time Fitness career site. I did that in January and finally received an email from the Ultimate Hoops League Regional Coordinator himself, in March. He asked me a few simple questions and we set up an interview the next week. The interview was held at the Life Time Fitness branch I applied for and we sat one-on-one in the cafe. It was a very laid back, low stress interview. It only took about 30 minutes! He had let me know if I was granted the position within a week after the interview and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • How did you find out about Life Time? Were there positive reviews?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with basketball? Have you played, worked or coach for a team?   Answer Question
    • How passionate are you about the business of sports, interacting with people and creating a fun environment?   Answer Question
    • Why did you chose to work for LifeTime?   Answer Question
    • How do you normally handle a fast past, sometimes stressful, yet fun environment?   Answer Question

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2015.

The entire process was very positive, and i was asked a serious of key questions regarding my previous workplace experiences . I was also asked about why i wanted to work for the company . The questions were specific to my own experiences in dealing with positive and negative cystomer service type of scenarios. The interview lasted for about an hour , my answers to each were slightly lengthy but i was able to earn a second interview with the general manager of the club.

Facilities Operations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2015.

Very brief interview just asked questions regarding work experience situations and how I handled them regarding customers. Tell him about a time I went above and beyond for a customer and what was the response of the customer. He asked me if I would accept a PT position I said yes.

Interview Questions
    • In my experience did I ever have a customer who was angry or impatient and how did I handle the situation with the customer.   View Answer

Bagger Clerk, Jewel Osco Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

From turning in application to getting the interview, it was about 3-8 weeks, the interview was quickly scheduled for the next day after the call. I applied at jewel, and the interview was average. The interview was about 8-12 questions long and mainly talked about why i wanted to work at jewel and the way i would deal with the customers each and everyday. Also asked about my desired work schedule.

Interview Questions
    • How would you greet a customer when they correct your bagging technique   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

the interview process was simple and easy. I simply applied online for the position and followed up twice before receiving a phone call asking me if I was interested in the job. I had my initial interview, which went well, and was asked to memorize the contents of a piece of paper containing the lifetime motto (I have since forgotten).

Facility Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

The interview process had too many steps for this specific job in my opinion. They say that the reason why there are so many steps is to weed out those who do not fully embrace the vision and the mission. However, 90% of the workers do not even care and it shows in their sloppy work.

The first of three parts is to submit your application and you receive a call from the department head to ask a few simple questions and to schedule a time to meet. After that, you meet with him and he gives you the mission and vision which you need to memorize word by word as well as a tour of the facility. The last part of the 3 step interview is to meet with the general manager, recite the mission and vision, and talk with him about why you truly meet the criteria.

They seem to want to only hire people who meet the mission and vision. However, once in, I have seen that my co workers only fake smiles and pretend to be working when the department head or general manager is in front of them.

Janitorial type job but the interview process seems to be better suited for those who are planning on receiving an assistant department head or upper management position, not for an entry level worker.

Didn't negotiate.