Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.5

SPA Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in September 2014.

Sent resume and was called by the manager. They asked questions about my past leadership and also some personal questions about how I maintained a healthly Life style. Was told they would choose final canidiates in the upcoming week. I'm awaiting a call.

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I was hired without an interview, but then required to go to an interview as a procedural safeguard. The interview was held with another interviewee who I did not know would be there. In essence, we were interviewing for the same position and shared our answers one after the other. I also had to write out the company goals and values word for word. I interviewed for another position with this company and that time it was a group interview with ten people, again with no forewarning.

Interview Questions
    There is little negotiation with these entry level positions. The hours are made by the hiring staff and often they forget if you ask for certain times of day or days of the week off. Negotiation is better dealt with with department supervisors.

Kids Activities Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2012.

Applied online, then called to follow up and had two interviews, one with KA department head and one with club manager, asked about previous jobs and my experience with kids

None

Kids Academy Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2013.

It was a group interview. They asked us to have memorize the mission and vision prior to coming in. We were asked to write it down as soon as we walked in. The manager seemed to be stressed, but maintained a smile the whole way through.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. They asked how we managed a healthy lifestyle outside of working out.   Answer Question
    There was none

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Submitted application online, MEM (Member Engagement Manager) set up appointment to meet within a couple of days, met with her and it was pretty basic (they'll basically take anyone willing to cold call and work 70+ hours per week - even without sales experience). After that I interviewed with the GM of the club, same interview... Life Time is full of robots so they just read off of a sheet that corporate gives them and they rate whether or not you filled in all of their little boxes. Basically all you have to do (and they'll tell you this) is give them a specific incidence or example of whatever question they want answered, what happened, what you did, and what the outcome was. After that you'll meet with the Regional, same interview again... and you're done. All of this should take about a week or two. If you can pretend to be an aggressive drone you'll be fine. They actually tell their sales people to drill the person in front of them until they get pissed enough to walk away so get ready for that.

It's 100% commission and you'll work more than 70 hours per week and average about $11 an hour if you're good at what you do... Look elsewhere, there's much better out there; don't settle on this.

Run Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrison, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Met with the Westchester NY Running club at the facility to work out and meet the member. Had a very positive experience working with them, and with meeting the predecessor in the Coordinator position, who was leaving due to personal issues. My conversation with her, and the regional coordinator were pleasant and productive. This lead to a one-on-one meeting with the Senior General Manager at the Westchester facility, who seemed more concerned with hiring someone in line with corporate philosophy than a dedicated and experienced fitness person who would grow and develop the position. The interview was fairly short, and I left with the impression that she was looking for something different than a person to actually coordinate their program. I felt as if she was principally concerned with finding a "company person."

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience any questions as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Department Head Interview

Interview process involved interview with current department head, regional lead, and club general manager. Questions are targeted selection based and they are looking for STAR answers (situation, task, action, result). Department heads are put through and expected to pass Life Time's department head certification for their respective department upon hire.

Interview Questions
    • Must memorize and recite company's mission and vision statements for interview with gm.   View Answer

Member Services - Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2014.

I was emailed from the customer service manager to fill out q questioner after apply and then was emailed back to set up a phone interview after the phone interview I was called in for a in person interview and then was emailed back again and was told to memorize the company creed and I would interview with the general manager. I get to the interview with the general manger to find out it was a group interview and the person I was with was late I waited and she finally came and had to say and write the creed verbatim the GM was made I did not memorize it I have been in the fitness industry for years and left another fitness company as a GM and was heading back to school look for a part time job. I was emailed several weeks latter and was told they offered me the position

Interview Questions
    I was not given wiggle room it was accept the offer or they did not want you

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2014.

You are emailed back almost immediately if they don't want you. if you're appealing in your submissions you are called for a phone screening to see if you're worth an interview. If you don't suit a resume they won't even open your application. You are then called in for an interview that's pretty scenario based and if you nail that one then you will be called into the interview with the general manager to recite the mission and vision

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question honestly is the simplest one like "describe a time when..." because you have to sit there for a second and kind of film through your life to find a decent answer   Answer Question
    nothing is negotiable at first

Mea Interview

took about 2 weeks. Met with Manager, GM, and Regional Manager. Nothing too hard. Just know yourself and your experiences well enough to communicate them. They try to paint a picture of the company, but you will soon find out that it is nothing of what you expected.

Interview Questions

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!