Life Time Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

Life Cafe Team Member
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2013.

Interview Details – He calls you to schedule the interview with the Life Cafe Department Head. He will go through the Corporate interview questions and engage in conversation with you. If successful, you will need to do a second interview with the General Manager. This is an easier interview that just covers the information on the sheet you are given.

Interview Question – How do you live a healthy life?   Answer Question

Member Services Team Member Interview

Member Services Team Member
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Question – None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Chesterfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy. 2 rounds of interviews first one is more of a screen. Second interview was a more personal in depth interview. Overall I thought the interview process was pretty easy. All the interview questions were very basic and I had no problem answering them. I would definitely recommend this company.

Interview Question – What is your weakness.   Answer Question

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Member Engagement Advisor
Saint Paul, MN

Interviewed at Life Time Fitness

Interview Details – Interviews were conducted on a one-to-one basis. There were three levels (MEM, GM, RSM). Not an overly difficult or stressful process but tedious. They talked everything up as if it was the greatest place in the world.

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Member Engagement Advisor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and why are you interested in sales?
Are you comfortable working in a 100% commission position? Comfortable with long hours? (i.e. 55+ hours per week to consistently meet your sales quota for the month)

Nothing should catch you off guard, it's not an overly stressful set of questions.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received a better offer from competitor, salary position.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Summer Camp Counselor
Johns Creek, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this position in January 2014 and was emailed for a group interview in early March. I was very excited because this was an ideal job for me. When I showed up to the group interview it was only me and another lady much older than me. We waited for the Kids Activities manager to come out to meet us. When she finally did she led us to her office. It wasn't an interview at all she talked to us about pay, the basic schedule for the summer camp counselors and etc. I was feeling good it sounded like I was going to get the job. She then told us that the next step was a group audition with the Department Head. We would have to go in on a saturday bringing a game that we prepared and demonstrate that game. It was supposed to show the Dept Head that we are fun and energetic and Summer Camp Counselor material. We also had to memorize the mission and vision statements. It sounded easy enough to me. She handed us her card and set up the group audition. My group audition was on the same day as my Prom, I was a little nervous as to how it would work out but I went through with it anyways. On the day of the group interview I came in very prepared. I knew the mission and vision statement and I had a great game prepared. When I got there, there were three other kids about my age waiting there. I was happy to see that there wasn't that many people. Sadly, as the time neared closer to 10:00(the time of the interview) the room was full of about 20-30 applicants. I was very nervous I knew that I would have to do really well to stand out if I wanted this job. One of the men who worked in the Kids Activities centers told all of us to come outside where we would play our games. The woman who I had my first interview with, her assistant and the dept head were all there. They called our names one by one and we all introduced our games. When it was my turn, I felt really good. I had the chance to watch others go before me so I knew what I should and should not do. I was loud and took charge and my game went really well, it seemed like everyone liked it. After that I was asked to recite the mission statement which I did perfectly. The audition lasted about 2 hrs, it was very long and tedious but also fun because we got to play all the games. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get an email with all of the information about training and etc. No one was told that they would get an email saying they would not get the job. The way they were talking to us basically made everyone in the room think that the job was theirs. I left feeling very accomplished. I went to my Prom and had a great time thinking I had landed the job.The next day which was a sunday I received an email saying that I did not get the job. I was devastated and confused. They did not say that an email would be sent saying you did not get the job they made everyone in that room think they had a chance. I was very disappointed that there was no explanation as to why i was not hired. It was a very generic, insensitive email that they send to everyone. I have feeling that I did not get the job because I was only 16, if that was the fact i wish I was informed about this before I wasted my time trying to get this job. I am very disappointed in this company and do not think I will apply ever again.

Interview Question – Prepare a game to play with a group of kids   Answer Question

Swim Instructor Interview

Swim Instructor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – I applied on the website and within a few days I received an email requesting an interview. I called and set up the interview and went in. There was a group of people and we had to swim and then individual talk to the management. We discussed past experience and how you would benefit Lifetime. You also had to swim 100m relay. After the meeting they had us wait and then and there I was told I had a job. They gave me a packet and told me I need to memorize the mission statement. I set an appointment for the second meeting at that point. I came in for the second meeting and spoke to someone in the HR department, I recited the mission statement and then answered questions about what I was interested in gaining from Lifetime. I was put into the system at that time and they also set up my free membership.

Interview Question – They asked what would I do if a parent tried to force me into pushing the student into the next levee.   Answer Question

Registered Dietitian Interview

Registered Dietitian
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – Interview process was very long; it took about one month total. Numerous phone interviews with training manager then one with a general manager. The in person interview was very casual & laid back. Overall, the interview questions were very generic.

Interview Question – What do you want life time fitness to do for you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Assistant Department Head Interview

Operations Assistant Department Head

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate and did not have an interview. I just applied online. The ADH I replaced had a similar experience. It appears that for leadership positions, It's mainly political and every step in the process is just a formality.

Interview Question – Did you finish your application? Let me know when you do, ok?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I was told once I completed training, I would be considered for a raise. I still have not seen an increase to my pay.

Assistant Department Head Interview

Assistant Department Head

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate, so I only had a formality with the Department Head to go over new responsibilities as an assistant department head if I was approved by the GM of the club. In the interview the GM went over my college major, since I am still a college student. He also discussed three things that I would change or work on in my department and why, as well as where I see myself in one, five, and maybe ten years from now. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Question – We're looking for our Assistant positions to be able to progress on to a Department Head position wherever they are needed. In your current situation, how do you see yourself playing into that role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have been unable to negotiate a higher initial pay rate, however I was able to negotiate a raise at the start of june.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!