Life Time Fitness

Very Difficult Interview

Interactive Design/Development Interview

Interactive Design/Development
Chanhassen, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter for a full-time position with the interactive team. Sent my design portfolio and some examples pertinent to the job. The Life Time folks said they liked it and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went really, really well. The recruiter contacted me to say they felt the same way, and they scheduled me for a big, 2-hour interview two days later.

However...the recruiter called me the day before my big interview and said, "Unfortunately they've cancelled the interview, and have decided not to pursue you any further. When I asked them what had changed, the team lead said that he showed your portfolio to his team, and he said there was a 'negative predisposition' towards your work. When I pressed him, he said that one or two people on his team either didn't like your work, or they felt that your experience was not good enough. But then he never really gave me a solid answer." The crazy thing was that this had happened to another one of this recruiter's candidates, and in that case, the interview was cancelled when the interviewee was on his way to the interview.

So if you apply for a position at Life Time, be prepared that they may sound interested and all, but then arbitrarily cancel the interview and pull the rug out from under you with little to no explanation.

Interview Question – In the phone interview I was asked about my experience in interactive design, and about any particular accomplishments for which I felt proud.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist

I applied online and interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – three interviews. Meeting with the GM. First fill out all info on the website first

Interview Question – What problem have you experienced in the past, how did you handle it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I felt it was fair. NO Problems

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2012.

Interview Details – not a good management, interview system, company. This company called me for an interview and asked way too many questions. Before bringing me in for a second interview the manager asked me to memorize their vision and mission statements.. 2 long, poem like corporate philosophies thatbwere an absolute waste of my time and thought. The second interview was much like the phine interview in that. there were just too many stupid opinionated questions asked. worst of all, I had been interviewing with other employers and had another interview on Monday. The manager, I believe Sherry, had me memorize the statements and cancel my appointments/schedule with the other potential employer .. of course giving me the impression I would be hired... Then rejected me.

Interview Question – lots of stupid, opinionated questions.   Answer Question

LifeSpa Department Head Interview

LifeSpa Department Head
Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in September 2012.

Interview Details – In a nutshell, this company will waste your time and energy.. I had six separate interviews with seven individuals within a span of eight days for a lower level management position. Each interview went well (allbeit, it felt like an exercise in futility at the time) and I was passed up the chain to the next individual all the way up to the top corporate individual. Unfortunately, each individual at each interview asked the same mundane "Tell me about a time when...." question to the point that I began to wonder if A.) Any of these individuals were even literate, as I had answered these same questions repeatedly previously, and am aware that notes were taken and B.) What kind of company culture is this that every individual is afraid to take responsibility for a simple lower level hire? Additionally, there was open disdain for the lower level employees that was not only palpable, but expressed uniformly throughout the interview process to the point that it is obviously part of the company culture. By the time it was all said and done, I felt like I was dodging a big bullet if I were not to be asked to join this organization, and if I were to be asked I would be a fool to accept it.. By the way, I never heard from them after the last interview. After being told during the last interview that I would hear from them within the next week regarding whether or not they would be making an offer of employment, ultimately no one bothered to let me know the outcome. Left to assume that I was not going to receive an invitation, I emailed twice inquiring about the outcome of their decision and regarding receiving any possible feedback from the interview process. Alas, NO reply.

Interview Question – 1.)Being asked the same scripted "Tell me about a time when..." questions at every interview.
2.) Being pressed for specific company financial figures from my previous employer after it was made clear that I was under a non-disclosure agreement with that employer and would not be comfortable violating that agreement.
  Answer Question

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

Life Cafe Team Member
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was extensive for me. I first recieved an interview over the phone, then with my Cafe supervisor. I was then asked to memorize the mission and vison statements which I had to recite to the GM of the company before meeting with my supervisor one last time.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't do much negotiating, because as I saw it, it was just a cafe position which I only planned to remain in for about a year or so. There was no negotiating the pay, (minimum wage) and everything else I was perfectly fine with. For me it was just supposed to be a little job that worked well with a full-time school schedule and up until now, it has upheld those expectations.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was thorough. Started with meeting with the DH and answering general questions to see if there was a fit. Moved on to a in person meeting with the Regional Lead, and then finally a group meeting with the General Manager. The expectations were laid out from day one. There were really no surprises other than waiting for a final offer.

Interview Question – How would you handle sales of a product provided by the company even if you didn't believe it to be the best product on the market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being a 100% commissioned position there was no salary negotiation. The compensation chart was explained.

Member Services Interview

Member Services

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, followed up in club with hiring manager. Hiring manager and did a phone interview a few days later, then set up a one on one interview. Most questions in the interview were based on experierence and how you would handle customer service issues. After the interview was offered another interview with the GM about a week later. After that interview, background check took about a week and was offered the job over the phone the next week.

Interview Question – how would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Chanhassen, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with management and additional interview with senior management.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you didnt agree with another coworker, how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be realistic.

Collierville, TN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2009.

Interview Details – First involved a phone interview, than an in person interview, and following this a test to see if I could get the names and numbers of potential clients, since I would be basically working solely based on commission. Everything in this process was about how well you could sell your services.

Interview Questions

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2007.

Interview Details – they sat me down and went over what the company was all about. after that they just asked me the usual questions, tell me a little about yourself, why do you think your the best canidate for the job etc. after that we went over expectations and then what the job payed

Interview Question – whats the hardest thing you have had to over come in a job   Answer Question

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!