Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Kids Activities Team Member Interview

interview process was the most difficult and detail oriented that I had ever been to. Interview first with the kids activities manager then with the building manager. Building manager was very out of the ordinary questions to see overall personality and work ethic. Make sure to be very specific.

Registered Dietitian Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

4 separate interview plus one presentation to personal training staff. Way to long. Was not told how long the process was upfront. Once the general manager wants you, all of the other interviews are pretty much formalization to make sure your not a real F%&$ up.

Interview Questions
    They claim the offer is set and no negotiation is possible.

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2015.

They called me after i submitted my resume online and then asked me a few questions and invited me for an interview at the office. During the interview they asked me many different customer services questions and told me about what they expected at the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Assistant Department Head of Aquatics Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2015.

Honestly I sat through the entire interview and felt like it went really well. Then the aquatics department head says "do you have any questions for me?" And I said "yes, could you give me a play by play of a day in the life of someone in this position" and he replies with "oh, actually we only hire assistant department heads from within so you would have to start as an $8 an hour lifeguard."

So I seriously sat through the entire interview just to find out that they weren't even hiring for the position I was there for. I have seven years of lifeguarding experience in total, four of those being managerial experience. I also have an undergrad degree. You really think I'm interested in interviewing to be an $8 an hour lifeguard. I've been making over that since I was 17 years old. I felt like I was deceived and lied to. BEWARE!

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you showed exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Business Administrator Interview

3 interviews and lots of items to memorize. Last interview was 1 hour long with many questions not applicable to the job. Did offer a free membership and PT session and some kind of life time money to spend in club

Interview Questions
    • Describing a customer service issue when applying for a group fitness position. Not applicable to the position applying for.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Department Head Interview

Focus a lot on revenue. Not too long of an interview process. Typically 2 interviews, then you are sent off to training which takes about a week. training is paid for and the company will pay for any travel that requires overnight stay.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 30-60-90 day plan for you and your employees   Answer Question

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions
    • If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Lifecafe Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2014.

Typical interview asked basic questions about previous experience, availability, and compensation. Was then given scenarios to describe how I'd handle the situation. Was also asked how I maintained a healthy way of life and told them the many ways I personally maintain a healthy way of life; was then told "we were looking for the answer Lifetime maintains the healthy way of life by providing diet, exercise, mental, & spiritual health." I then asked if I was supposed to tell them my personal healthy ways or how the company works. Interviewer responded with, "your answer was not wrong just not the one we were looking for." This came off unprofessional and condescending to me personally. The employers were very arrogant with the way they talked about the company. Did not feel very welcome.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked "How much are you worth?" Was also asked to go up to someone random and just talk to them for 10-15min about anything.   View Answer

Lifeguard Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Had one interview with department head and found out later that week I got the job. Typical interview questions and background check. Started the job within two weeks. Had one internal reference which helps with getting the job placement

Interview Questions
    Didn't have room for negotiation

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Typical interview, questions about your experience. I talked about my experience and they let me know which fitness classes were available to teach. I interviewed with the Department head and also the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • You must know the company's mission statement word for word.   Answer Question