Life Time Fitness

2.5

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview process was very long; it took about one month total. Numerous phone interviews with training manager then one with a general manager. The in person interview was very casual & laid back. Overall, the interview questions were very generic.

Operations Assistant Department Head Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I was an internal candidate and did not have an interview. I just applied online. The ADH I replaced had a similar experience. It appears that for leadership positions, It's mainly political and every step in the process is just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Did you finish your application? Let me know when you do, ok?   View Answer
    No negotiations. I was told once I completed training, I would be considered for a raise. I still have not seen an increase to my pay.

Assistant Department Head Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I was an internal candidate, so I only had a formality with the Department Head to go over new responsibilities as an assistant department head if I was approved by the GM of the club. In the interview the GM went over my college major, since I am still a college student. He also discussed three things that I would change or work on in my department and why, as well as where I see myself in one, five, and maybe ten years from now. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • We're looking for our Assistant positions to be able to progress on to a Department Head position wherever they are needed. In your current situation, how do you see yourself playing into that role?   View Answer
    I have been unable to negotiate a higher initial pay rate, however I was able to negotiate a raise at the start of june.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. There were two interviews, first with head of child care and then with GM. For the second you are required to have memorized the mission and the vision.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      What does good customer service mean to you?

Answer Question

Found a closer job

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2014.

I applied for this position in January 2014 and was emailed for a group interview in early March. I was very excited because this was an ideal job for me. When I showed up to the group interview it was only me and another lady much older than me. We waited for the Kids Activities manager to come out to meet us. When she finally did she led us to her office. It wasn't an interview at all she talked to us about pay, the basic schedule for the summer camp counselors and etc. I was feeling good it sounded like I was going to get the job. She then told us that the next step was a group audition with the Department Head. We would have to go in on a saturday bringing a game that we prepared and demonstrate that game. It was supposed to show the Dept Head that we are fun and energetic and Summer Camp Counselor material. We also had to memorize the mission and vision statements. It sounded easy enough to me. She handed us her card and set up the group audition. My group audition was on the same day as my Prom, I was a little nervous as to how it would work out but I went through with it anyways. On the day of the group interview I came in very prepared. I knew the mission and vision statement and I had a great game prepared. When I got there, there were three other kids about my age waiting there. I was happy to see that there wasn't that many people. Sadly, as the time neared closer to 10:00(the time of the interview) the room was full of about 20-30 applicants. I was very nervous I knew that I would have to do really well to stand out if I wanted this job. One of the men who worked in the Kids Activities centers told all of us to come outside where we would play our games. The woman who I had my first interview with, her assistant and the dept head were all there. They called our names one by one and we all introduced our games. When it was my turn, I felt really good. I had the chance to watch others go before me so I knew what I should and should not do. I was loud and took charge and my game went really well, it seemed like everyone liked it. After that I was asked to recite the mission statement which I did perfectly. The audition lasted about 2 hrs, it was very long and tedious but also fun because we got to play all the games. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get an email with all of the information about training and etc. No one was told that they would get an email saying they would not get the job. The way they were talking to us basically made everyone in the room think that the job was theirs. I left feeling very accomplished. I went to my Prom and had a great time thinking I had landed the job.The next day which was a sunday I received an email saying that I did not get the job. I was devastated and confused. They did not say that an email would be sent saying you did not get the job they made everyone in that room think they had a chance. I was very disappointed that there was no explanation as to why i was not hired. It was a very generic, insensitive email that they send to everyone. I have feeling that I did not get the job because I was only 16, if that was the fact i wish I was informed about this before I wasted my time trying to get this job. I am very disappointed in this company and do not think I will apply ever again.

Assistant Department Head Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Multi step process beginning with the head of personal training and finishing with the GM.

Interview Questions
    None, they set their expectations and if you can fulfill it then you are dropped.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Met with the Fitness Director and the General Manager of the club. I didn't feel like there was much communication between the two with Human Resource department prior to my interviews because they were all over the place and neither seemed to have any understanding of my previous experience or educational background.

Interview Questions
    • To speak about how the mission and vision of the company effected me personally.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2014.

I reached out to the head of personal training after doing research on the website and figuring out who to contact. We arranged to meet and had exchanged numerous email. On the day of my interview, I arrived early and was left waiting for about 15 minutes. None of the staff had any idea of what was going on. Turns out, the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't there that day. I spoke with the assistant department head who was really nice. He asked me questions about Life Time's mission statement and why I want to work at Life Time over other gyms, pretty typical.
    He then went on to tell me about how Life Time runs their personal training - it's all sales. Basically, their trainers have to meet a quota for personal training package sales, supplement sales, and equipment sales. So basically, it's a sales job. The actual training is secondary to the quota you have to meet. I was instantly turned off to the company and the position. I had been a member of Life Time for years and it was actually how I got into fitness. Discovering that they're more focused on money than their members was like finding out Santa isn't real.
    All in all, the assistant department head told me I'd have to come back when the guy I was supposed to interview with returned; I found out we had both wasted an hour of our time.

Interview Questions
    • You will have to sell training packages, can you do that?   View Answer

Member Services Interview

The women interviewing me did not look me in the eye. She did not ask me questions about
    My background,fitness experience etc

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

The hiring process at Life Time Fitness takes an extremely long time. Once contacted about interviewing with Life Time as a lifeguard I completed 3 interviews. The first was with the Aquatics Department Head, which was mostly behavioral questions. She also asked questions about my prior lifeguarding experience. The second was an in-water interview to assess my Lifeguard technique and swimming skills (you must know all 4 strokes to pass). The third was a group interview with the General Manager for our location with other candidates for the position. At this stage you had to know the Life Time Vision and Mission Statements and answer some general questions. After all three stages the start processing paperwork which can take weeks!

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult things I had to do was know the mission/vision statement. If you have prior experience as a lifeguard or you show that you have a great work ethic, than getting hired is not a problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.