Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.5

Interview

3 interviews and lots of items to memorize. Last interview was 1 hour long with many questions not applicable to the job. Did offer a free membership and PT session and some kind of life time money to spend in club

Interview Questions

• Describing a customer service issue when applying for a group fitness position. Not applicable to the position applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

Focus a lot on revenue. Not too long of an interview process. Typically 2 interviews, then you are sent off to training which takes about a week. training is paid for and the company will pay for any travel that requires overnight stay.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30-60-90 day plan for you and your employees   Answer Question

Lifecafe Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2014.

Interview

Typical interview asked basic questions about previous experience, availability, and compensation. Was then given scenarios to describe how I'd handle the situation. Was also asked how I maintained a healthy way of life and told them the many ways I personally maintain a healthy way of life; was then told "we were looking for the answer Lifetime maintains the healthy way of life by providing diet, exercise, mental, & spiritual health." I then asked if I was supposed to tell them my personal healthy ways or how the company works. Interviewer responded with, "your answer was not wrong just not the one we were looking for." This came off unprofessional and condescending to me personally. The employers were very arrogant with the way they talked about the company. Did not feel very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Was asked "How much are you worth?" Was also asked to go up to someone random and just talk to them for 10-15min about anything.   1 Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Interview

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions

• If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Had one interview with department head and found out later that week I got the job. Typical interview questions and background check. Started the job within two weeks. Had one internal reference which helps with getting the job placement

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't have room for negotiation

Interview

Typical interview, questions about your experience. I talked about my experience and they let me know which fitness classes were available to teach. I interviewed with the Department head and also the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• You must know the company's mission statement word for word.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Initial interview with PT Manager or Assistant Manager. The second interview is your practical interview. If you can pass the practical interview (train someone and design a program) you'll be good. Understand exercise order and progressions...biggest muscle groups first and end with smaller stability muscles. Learn how to coach squats properly. Don't use therapy/balance exercises for a weight loss client who is otherwise healthy, for example.

Interview Questions

• business/sales questions and program design/physiology questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. they tell you what they need and you accept on those terms. no part-time employment. this is an all-in career.

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Montvale, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, questionairre, in person interview....you are called and screened, then asked for an in person interview where you are asked to fill out the form. The company want all of their employees to memorize their mission statement for the in person interview where you will fill it out on the questionairre. They will call you with an offer if they are interested. Benefits are great but pay can be minimal to ok depending on the position.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Interview

Website is tricky and it took me a few times before I could successful submit my application. From interview to first day of work was about 8 weeks (which it turns out, is pretty standard across all departments). Most of the training is online, and in-person training was disorganized at best. There are differences between what H/R thinks needs to happen, what I/T thinks needs to happen, what Recruiting thinks needs to happen, and what in-club management thinks needs to happen. For example, to take on a role such as manager, an employee has to have access to payroll, recruiting, interoffice email, SMARTwebs, and a few other number-crunching programs. It took about 8 weeks to get me to 2/3 of my access, and even then, some of the upper management was upset that I was given access before attending elaborate "Leadership" training or certification courses. Needless to say, I was a place marker and a temporary fix for a leaky hull. If you decide to work here, understand that the How To Get Things Done rubric is simply for show and everything moves at grass-growing pace (which drives those of us who are productive and like to get things done a little batty). Best of luck to you.

Interview Questions

• This place needs a strong candidate with a thick skin. How do you plan to handle conflicts?   Answer Question

Life SPA Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Florham Park, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Very complex process for a very simple job. There were 3 levels of phone, 1:1 spa manager then an invitation to meet the general manager. It was expected to memorize the mission/vision statements prior. There is also an expectation to be extremely fit and healthy and a required screen of general medical baselines- (cholesterol, bp etc)

Interview Questions

• She gave an list of various competing customer issues and asked the order in which you would address it and why.   Answer Question