Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.5

Member Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Had a phone interview and then was asked to come in person

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Life Time asks a lot of situational questions where you have to come up with real customer service related scenarios. They also focus a lot on how you live your daily life to see if your lifestyle matches the company's mission/vision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give up doing something with friends or family in order to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2013.

The interview process went ok questions were ask about my experience in the health club industry also pretty vanilla.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions on how to handle difficult situations you had at your last job .   Answer Question

Because they wanted me to quit my current job immediately and start training with there company and I was not going to do that .

Member Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in July 2013.

Initial communication by phone with Department Head. We arranged an interview within the week.

The first interview was at the gym on a Friday with the Department Head. She basically read questions off a script, never wrote anything down. I got the distinct impression this was all a formality. She was very nice but didn't seem to care very much if I would actually be good at the job or not. She invited me back at the end of the interview for a second interview with the General Manager the following Monday. She gave me a piece of paper that had the company's Vision and Mission printed on it, and also our departmental Vision and Mission. She told me to memorize these because I would probably need to know them for the second interview.

The second interview was supposed to be on the Monday with the GM, but he didn't bother to show up for it (something, I learned later, was pretty standard there). Instead, I interviewed with the sales manager. The interview consisted of the following quetions:
    What is LifeTime Fitness' Vision? What does it mean to you?
    What is LifeTime Fitness' Mission? What does it mean to you?
    That was all. I was sent to the lobby to wait and found out that day I was hired, because I had memorized those two things. That is the sole basis upon which I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • You are required to know the company's vision and mission by heard for your second interview. If you don't know them, you *will not* get a job. Guaranteed.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The job is minimum wage, and they have ridiculous scheduling practices. The up side is you are paid by the minute, so as long as you clock in and clock out on time, you'll be paid for your full shift regardless of any other circumstances (ie: they don't try to rip you off by asking you to come early or stay a few minutes late without pay).

Rock Climbing Instructor Interview

Applied onsite filled out an application. I was contacted for interview about a week later. Very easy interview, relaxed talk about yourself and why you are interested in lifetime fitness.

None- hourly paid

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

in order to schedule an interview, I repeatedly called the front desk reception and visited the Lifetime Athletic, Life Time Fitness, location in order speak with the hiring manager. On my third visit, I was able to speak with the hiring manager and was interviewed on the spot. I was offered the job 20 minutes after and officially hired a week later.

Interview Questions
    • You are playing basketball with a group of children when one child hits another. How do you respond?   View Answer
    none

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I had to undergo 3 interviews from: Department Head, Shadowing from a Veteran Personal Trainer and then the General Manager of the facility. It took over 2 weeks to finalize it but nearly a month before I was on the payroll.

Interview Questions
    • Just be ready to show your work off as a trainer as a practical is required on the floor. LFT wants to see how you train a client, even with injuries. NASM is the best license to have for this company   View Answer
    100% Commission

Architecture Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chanhassen, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in August 2013.

You have to submit your resume in their Taleo system. Then their internal recruiter will call you and schedule a phone pre-screening interview with themselves. If this person feels you qualify, they will pass your resume along to the decision committee who will decide if they want to interview you are not. My resume was passed along twice. I interviewed in person once and was not selected the second time.

The telephone pre-screen interview was about a half an hour. The questions were really just a review of your resume to obtain a better understanding of your history.

When I interviewed in person, it was with the Director of Architecture and a couple of other people. I'm not sure who they were as they weren't necessarily memorable. I know I was not expecting to have to interview in front of a team of people as it was never mentioned pre-interview, so it was intimidating. After the interview, one of the group members gives you a tour of the facilities across from the head quarters which unfortunately was a little uncomfortable because you are in full business interview suit and tie and walking around a humid fitness club is not ideal.

After the in-person interview, I received a follow up call from the recruiter pending the decision and when the decision was made. I also received a follow up call from the recruiter from my second prescreening when my resume was not selected for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A healthy way of life is our company's motto, how do you live a healthy way of life?   View Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

5 interviews total, It is more about making sure you are a good fit for Life Time Fitness and they for you. The Personal training industry takes dedication and you have got to have it if you will be successful. I got the impression they really try to weed out those that don't "want" it but are just looking for something easy to do, it isn't easy

Interview Questions
    • As someone who has not trained anyone before, the most awkward, difficult part was the practical floor interview, where you are in the trainer role with a person who may be your superior if you are successful in getting a job offer   Answer Question

Swim Instructor Interview

A lot of focus on whether you know the Mission and Vision of the company and not whether or not you know how to do the job.

N/A