Life Time Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Head Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness (Rochester Hills, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. One with Aquatics DH with a sit down interview & practical to show lifeguard skills and one interview with the General Manager. The interview with the General manager was kind of intense for a lifeguarding job.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

You get one interview (usually phone interview) then you get a interview with the department manager (department head) then a group interview with the gm if you pass a test they give to you in your third interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a decision in the last 6 months and then you realized it wasn't the best decision.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness (Overland Park, KS) in July 2014.

Interview

There is a 3 part hiring process to ensure that we don't hire anyone sub par to the goal of the team we are trying to build. First interview is formal with the Department Head, then a practical assessment with an Assistant Department Head, and finally a last interview with the Club Manager.

Interview Questions

• What is my best quality in a sales position such as personal training?   1 Answer

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Basic interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and why are you interested in sales?
    Are you comfortable working in a 100% commission position? Comfortable with long hours? (i.e. 55+ hours per week to consistently meet your sales quota for the month)

Nothing should catch you off guard, it's not an overly stressful set of questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question

Received a better offer from competitor, salary position.

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I applied on the website and within a few days I received an email requesting an interview. I called and set up the interview and went in. There was a group of people and we had to swim and then individual talk to the management. We discussed past experience and how you would benefit Lifetime. You also had to swim 100m relay. After the meeting they had us wait and then and there I was told I had a job. They gave me a packet and told me I need to memorize the mission statement. I set an appointment for the second meeting at that point. I came in for the second meeting and spoke to someone in the HR department, I recited the mission statement and then answered questions about what I was interested in gaining from Lifetime. I was put into the system at that time and they also set up my free membership.

Interview Questions

• They asked what would I do if a parent tried to force me into pushing the student into the next levee.   Answer Question

Member Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness (Eagan, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Questions

• None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Member Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in June 2014.

Interview

Casual interview first, then an interview with the department head and assistant department head. That interview was very specific, "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker with whom you did not get along", "how do you live out a healthy way of life", "how would you deal with an upset member?". Very pointed questions and it is great to have examples from other jobs or situations ready. Last interview was supposed to be with a general manager but they were in the middle of a turn over so I interviewed with a member engagement manager. He asked me my three strengths and weaknesses and then asked me to recite the mission/vision. Know it word for word.

Interview Questions

• as always, "list your three weaknesses". Not a very insightful question for an interviewee   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, corporate sets the rate and there is hardly any wiggle room, maybe 50 cents.

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was very long; it took about one month total. Numerous phone interviews with training manager then one with a general manager. The in person interview was very casual & laid back. Overall, the interview questions were very generic.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I was an internal candidate and did not have an interview. I just applied online. The ADH I replaced had a similar experience. It appears that for leadership positions, It's mainly political and every step in the process is just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Did you finish your application? Let me know when you do, ok?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was told once I completed training, I would be considered for a raise. I still have not seen an increase to my pay.

Assistant Department Head Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I was an internal candidate, so I only had a formality with the Department Head to go over new responsibilities as an assistant department head if I was approved by the GM of the club. In the interview the GM went over my college major, since I am still a college student. He also discussed three things that I would change or work on in my department and why, as well as where I see myself in one, five, and maybe ten years from now. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• We're looking for our Assistant positions to be able to progress on to a Department Head position wherever they are needed. In your current situation, how do you see yourself playing into that role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have been unable to negotiate a higher initial pay rate, however I was able to negotiate a raise at the start of june.