Life Time Fitness Life Cafe Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Commerce Township, MI).

Interview

I applied online and got a call four days later, was told where to go what to wear and when to come came to the interview was interviewed by the department head and assistant department head both were very nice and made me feel comfortable interview lasted about 45 minutes, and was told to come in two days later for a second interview with the GM

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to stop doing something to help someone out   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire process was very positive, and i was asked a serious of key questions regarding my previous workplace experiences . I was also asked about why i wanted to work for the company . The questions were specific to my own experiences in dealing with positive and negative cystomer service type of scenarios. The interview lasted for about an hour , my answers to each were slightly lengthy but i was able to earn a second interview with the general manager of the club.

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Syosset, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy going , straight to the point, and familiarized me with the work environment. Took about 15 minutes talking about leadership, how you can help out the company; basically trying to see if you are a team player and willing to go above and beyond.

Interview Questions

• Name an obstacle in your life and how you've achieved it?   Answer Question

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2014.

Interview

It's alright You go through 3 interviews. But don't bother to work here because your only going to get treated like crap and paid little. Everyone gets scared of the GM for se reason. You can't act like a normal human being when he's around. It's almost like you can sneeze or breathe around them..whatever. they are all foneys and fakes.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Cleveland, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

First had to apply on the website, then got a phone call from the Lifetime Cafe Manager to set up an interview. Met with the manager and had the interview right in the cafe area. He asked me several questions about my prior jobs and how I handled specific problems that occurred. After I had a second interview with a manager in a different department. I had to memorize the mission statement of Lifetime and recite it.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you made a mistake and had to apologize to a customer? How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Sandy Springs, GA).

Interview

Started as a group interview. Basic questions: Why do you want to work here? etc... Call back in a few days to meet with the GM. Just remember the Mission & Vision Statement, you will have to tell them it.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Omaha, NE) in April 2013.

Interview

He calls you to schedule the interview with the Life Cafe Department Head. He will go through the Corporate interview questions and engage in conversation with you. If successful, you will need to do a second interview with the General Manager. This is an easier interview that just covers the information on the sheet you are given.

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call from the department head asking for an interview. The DH asked about previous/current work, and asked how I would proceed in hypothetical situations (ex. a guest complains his/her food is too hot - how would you respond?). About a week later I interviewed with the General Manager where I had to recite the company vision and mission statement from memory. The following week I was offered the job over the phone, then it was just a matter of a couple more weeks filling out paperwork, waiting for my background check, and then another couple before HR put me in the system. And a few hours of online training videos and tests before actual job training.

Interview Questions

• A guest orders an item that is unavailable, and when told, insists that you are wrong - how do you proceed?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

The process did not take that long. They give you this piece of paper where you have to remember word for word their mission statement which is essentially a paragraph long. The rest of it was fairly simple and I heard back from them shortly after. They also had to perform a background check in order to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Flower Mound, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

This company requires individuals to apply online ONLY. You fill out a long questionare along with giving your work history and other general resume info. A cover letter is suggested and when you finish jumping through those hoops, ...well you get to wait. You recieve a confirmation email which tells you the company will contact you IF they are interested. This could be days, weeks, or even months for some. Then, should you recieve a call you first will go through a phone interview. The professionalism of this interview is entirely left to how competent the manager on the other end is (which in most cases is not very good). If they still like you after this you will be scheduled for a one on one interview with the manager of the selected department and AGAIN this could be a matter of days or weeks. The one on one interview involves questions regarding your personal knowledge of the company and "why" you desire to work there. Your education and experience may be glanced at but is not really of much importance as will be evident by the blatent push that you must be willing to CONFORM to the way of the company. After the one on one, you will be scheduled for a third interview with the location's general manager who will verbally test you on the mission and vision of the company placing a large value on your ability to memorize it and spit it out at any given time. Should the manager like you too he will send your information through for a background check. You will then recieve an email from the agency conducting the background check and you will have to complete a lengthy questionaire. If all comes out good and clean the manager is then supposed to schedule you for a 3-4 day paid trainning at a specified LTF location. (This rarely happens as the LTF turnover rate is SO HIGH they struggle to maintain a trainning facility) Only AFTER completing and passing the trainning are you then placed on the schedule to begin work. The whole process for me took about 30 days.

Interview Questions

• If you come to find that corporate is difficult to work with/for, how will you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was rather informal and really little to no wiggle room given for negotiation. The best I was given was a base rate and a "promise" of promotion (which hasn't gone through!). I suggest anyone offered a position strongly consider how much they value their sanity and health beacause at this "healthy way of life company" you, as an employee, are not important. You will be over worked, under paid, and HIGHLY under appreciated.