Life Time Fitness

4.0

LifeSpa Department Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX
Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in September 2012.

In a nutshell, this company will waste your time and energy.. I had six separate interviews with seven individuals within a span of eight days for a lower level management position. Each interview went well (allbeit, it felt like an exercise in futility at the time) and I was passed up the chain to the next individual all the way up to the top corporate individual. Unfortunately, each individual at each interview asked the same mundane "Tell me about a time when...." question to the point that I began to wonder if A.) Any of these individuals were even literate, as I had answered these same questions repeatedly previously, and am aware that notes were taken and B.) What kind of company culture is this that every individual is afraid to take responsibility for a simple lower level hire? Additionally, there was open disdain for the lower level employees that was not only palpable, but expressed uniformly throughout the interview process to the point that it is obviously part of the company culture. By the time it was all said and done, I felt like I was dodging a big bullet if I were not to be asked to join this organization, and if I were to be asked I would be a fool to accept it.. By the way, I never heard from them after the last interview. After being told during the last interview that I would hear from them within the next week regarding whether or not they would be making an offer of employment, ultimately no one bothered to let me know the outcome. Left to assume that I was not going to receive an invitation, I emailed twice inquiring about the outcome of their decision and regarding receiving any possible feedback from the interview process. Alas, NO reply.

Interview Questions
  • 1.)Being asked the same scripted "Tell me about a time when..." questions at every interview.
    2.) Being pressed for specific company financial figures from my previous employer after it was made clear that I was under a non-disclosure agreement with that employer and would not be comfortable violating that agreement.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

LifeSpa Department Head Interview

They will ask you questions in the format tell me about a time when.... I was asked to memorize the he mission and vision statement. I had 2 phone interviews and in person interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a team member that felt they deserved to be paid more money and how did you handle it?   Answer Question