Life Time Fitness

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, set up an interview with club manager, I think he called the following week. He was late to start the interview but I felt comfortable talking to him. I always ask about work environment because who likes working in a cubicle?? There you do not. I only interviewed with the club manager as the member engagement manager was not available. He hired me on the spot basically pending a background check. After all that, you come in and do computer training, shadowing, paper work for a week or so then you are sent to Chicago to train for 3 days. Then come back and start your position.

Interview Question – He asked a lot of specific scenario questions and wants you to give very specific detailed responses with an example of how you did this before. Do not give generic examples. Things like overcoming objections, or how you handled difficult situations before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, pay is basically based on experience.

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process went ok questions were ask about my experience in the health club industry also pretty vanilla.

Interview Question – They ask you questions on how to handle difficult situations you had at your last job .   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because they wanted me to quit my current job immediately and start training with there company and I was not going to do that .

Member Engagement Advisor
Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had used their online process for submitting my application and not heard anything for a while. I then went in to the Lifetime I was applying for and dropped my resume off with the receptionist and asked if she could give it to the Member Engagement Manager. 2 days later i received a call from him asking if I could go in for an interview the next day. Obviously, I said yes. I dressed smartly, in my suit. When I arrived i was greeted by him and his assistant an went into his office. They went over my resume, asked me about my previous place of work and what experiences I had incurred. He then asked me to tell him about a situation where I had a problem, what I did about it, and what was the outcome. So i used an example of something from my previous job. This went down really well as there was some similarities in what I was talking about and problems that they had dealt with there. They asked me about goal setting. I told them that I was well aware of having to go above and beyond to get the results to ensure the club reached their targets. He then asked me how much I wanted to earn, I said I'd be pleased if I could make $50k, he replied "i guarantee you will make at least $50k, you should set your eyes on $70-75k" Im not sure whether he was just saying it to get me on board or not. At the end of the interview he said that he was really excited about me and that I was his best interview. He printed out the mission and vision statement and told me to memeorize it for the interview with GM. He said he would call me to come back and have an interview with the GM.

Interview Question – How much money do you want to earn?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He printed out the mission and vision statement and told me to memeorize it for the interview with GM. He said he would call me to come back and have an interview with the GM. 2 days later I got the call. The GM sat me down asked me to go through my whole background, asked what brought me to the U.S and 'Why lifetime'? asked me to tell him the missiona nd vision statement, I froze, I had forgot the last line of both!! I was worried I'd blown it. He showed me around and said he would speak to the Member Engagement Manager ( who I had first interview with ) and get him to call me about the next step. 2 days later the regional manager called me and again went through my resume, asked me some direct questions. he then said i think you will be a great addition to the Lifetime Fitness Team. I have since been in and filled out background checks and gave them other info. I will find out hopefully this week when my training will start, they will send me away to Minnesota for a week to get my certification and then i will start earning $$$

Member Engagement Advisor
Beachwood, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2013.

Interview Details – Best to directly contact to the club you are interested in, rather than through the corporate website. Address your correspondence to the "Hiring Manger". Five step process. First is a telephone interview, then you are invited in to meet your manager, then the club manager, then back to meet your manager again and finally a conference call with corporate HR.

FYI... You may hear that 100% commission is uncapped and you can make as much as you want. Truth is, it is capped. You can see so many clients per day and even if you close every one, you are limited by the time it takes to close them. So if you physically only have time to close 5 a day, then that is your cap. FYI... 100% commission also means no unemployment if you are let go. You are basically a contractor.

Interview Question – None really unexpected or difficult. Typical; what did you do in a difficult situation or handle difficult customers? Who do you admire? What are your goals? The hardest part was coming to grips with the 50 hour work week and 100% commission.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Life Time Fitness

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness Member Engagement Advisor interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees and interview candidates.