Life Time Fitness

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Submitted application online, MEM (Member Engagement Manager) set up appointment to meet within a couple of days, met with her and it was pretty basic (they'll basically take anyone willing to cold call and work 70+ hours per week - even without sales experience). After that I interviewed with the GM of the club, same interview... Life Time is full of robots so they just read off of a sheet that corporate gives them and they rate whether or not you filled in all of their little boxes. Basically all you have to do (and they'll tell you this) is give them a specific incidence or example of whatever question they want answered, what happened, what you did, and what the outcome was. After that you'll meet with the Regional, same interview again... and you're done. All of this should take about a week or two. If you can pretend to be an aggressive drone you'll be fine. They actually tell their sales people to drill the person in front of them until they get pissed enough to walk away so get ready for that.

It's 100% commission and you'll work more than 70 hours per week and average about $11 an hour if you're good at what you do... Look elsewhere, there's much better out there; don't settle on this.

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Basic interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and why are you interested in sales?
    Are you comfortable working in a 100% commission position? Comfortable with long hours? (i.e. 55+ hours per week to consistently meet your sales quota for the month)

Nothing should catch you off guard, it's not an overly stressful set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question

Received a better offer from competitor, salary position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2013.

I had used their online process for submitting my application and not heard anything for a while. I then went in to the Lifetime I was applying for and dropped my resume off with the receptionist and asked if she could give it to the Member Engagement Manager. 2 days later i received a call from him asking if I could go in for an interview the next day. Obviously, I said yes. I dressed smartly, in my suit. When I arrived i was greeted by him and his assistant an went into his office. They went over my resume, asked me about my previous place of work and what experiences I had incurred. He then asked me to tell him about a situation where I had a problem, what I did about it, and what was the outcome. So i used an example of something from my previous job. This went down really well as there was some similarities in what I was talking about and problems that they had dealt with there. They asked me about goal setting. I told them that I was well aware of having to go above and beyond to get the results to ensure the club reached their targets. He then asked me how much I wanted to earn, I said I'd be pleased if I could make $50k, he replied "i guarantee you will make at least $50k, you should set your eyes on $70-75k" Im not sure whether he was just saying it to get me on board or not. At the end of the interview he said that he was really excited about me and that I was his best interview. He printed out the mission and vision statement and told me to memeorize it for the interview with GM. He said he would call me to come back and have an interview with the GM.

Interview Questions
    He printed out the mission and vision statement and told me to memeorize it for the interview with GM. He said he would call me to come back and have an interview with the GM. 2 days later I got the call. The GM sat me down asked me to go through my whole background, asked what brought me to the U.S and 'Why lifetime'? asked me to tell him the missiona nd vision statement, I froze, I had forgot the last line of both!! I was worried I'd blown it. He showed me around and said he would speak to the Member Engagement Manager ( who I had first interview with ) and get him to call me about the next step. 2 days later the regional manager called me and again went through my resume, asked me some direct questions. he then said i think you will be a great addition to the Lifetime Fitness Team. I have since been in and filled out background checks and gave them other info. I will find out hopefully this week when my training will start, they will send me away to Minnesota for a week to get my certification and then i will start earning $$$

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2013.

Best to directly contact to the club you are interested in, rather than through the corporate website. Address your correspondence to the "Hiring Manger". Five step process. First is a telephone interview, then you are invited in to meet your manager, then the club manager, then back to meet your manager again and finally a conference call with corporate HR.

FYI... You may hear that 100% commission is uncapped and you can make as much as you want. Truth is, it is capped. You can see so many clients per day and even if you close every one, you are limited by the time it takes to close them. So if you physically only have time to close 5 a day, then that is your cap. FYI... 100% commission also means no unemployment if you are let go. You are basically a contractor.

Interview Questions
    • None really unexpected or difficult. Typical; what did you do in a difficult situation or handle difficult customers? Who do you admire? What are your goals? The hardest part was coming to grips with the 50 hour work week and 100% commission.   Answer Question

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2013.

The interview process went ok questions were ask about my experience in the health club industry also pretty vanilla.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions on how to handle difficult situations you had at your last job .   Answer Question

Because they wanted me to quit my current job immediately and start training with there company and I was not going to do that .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2012.

I applied online, set up an interview with club manager, I think he called the following week. He was late to start the interview but I felt comfortable talking to him. I always ask about work environment because who likes working in a cubicle?? There you do not. I only interviewed with the club manager as the member engagement manager was not available. He hired me on the spot basically pending a background check. After all that, you come in and do computer training, shadowing, paper work for a week or so then you are sent to Chicago to train for 3 days. Then come back and start your position.

Interview Questions
    • He asked a lot of specific scenario questions and wants you to give very specific detailed responses with an example of how you did this before. Do not give generic examples. Things like overcoming objections, or how you handled difficult situations before.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, pay is basically based on experience.