Life Time Fitness

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Question – None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2013.

Interview Details – DH called me to setup an interview. Went to the interview and nailed it. She then emailed me all of the forms that needed to signed such as the background check. The day after the interview, I had a 1:1 interview with the Head MEA. nailed it. got a phone call the next day and was hired.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were extremely busy with multiple tasks ahead. How did you go about achieving ultimate customer satisfaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Very Easy Interview

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication by phone with Department Head. We arranged an interview within the week.

The first interview was at the gym on a Friday with the Department Head. She basically read questions off a script, never wrote anything down. I got the distinct impression this was all a formality. She was very nice but didn't seem to care very much if I would actually be good at the job or not. She invited me back at the end of the interview for a second interview with the General Manager the following Monday. She gave me a piece of paper that had the company's Vision and Mission printed on it, and also our departmental Vision and Mission. She told me to memorize these because I would probably need to know them for the second interview.

The second interview was supposed to be on the Monday with the GM, but he didn't bother to show up for it (something, I learned later, was pretty standard there). Instead, I interviewed with the sales manager. The interview consisted of the following quetions:
What is LifeTime Fitness' Vision? What does it mean to you?
What is LifeTime Fitness' Mission? What does it mean to you?
That was all. I was sent to the lobby to wait and found out that day I was hired, because I had memorized those two things. That is the sole basis upon which I was hired.

Interview Question – You are required to know the company's vision and mission by heard for your second interview. If you don't know them, you *will not* get a job. Guaranteed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The job is minimum wage, and they have ridiculous scheduling practices. The up side is you are paid by the minute, so as long as you clock in and clock out on time, you'll be paid for your full shift regardless of any other circumstances (ie: they don't try to rip you off by asking you to come early or stay a few minutes late without pay).

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Member Services Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – in order to schedule an interview, I repeatedly called the front desk reception and visited the Lifetime Athletic, Life Time Fitness, location in order speak with the hiring manager. On my third visit, I was able to speak with the hiring manager and was interviewed on the spot. I was offered the job 20 minutes after and officially hired a week later.

Interview Question – You are playing basketball with a group of children when one child hits another. How do you respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2011.

Interview Details – Apply on-line multiple times, wait for an e-mail or phone call. Have multiple interviews with different levels of management, background checks, corporate approval all in all takes about 2 months to start your first day.

Negotiation Details – None, minimum wage, take it or leave it.

Member Services Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, and followed up with the front desk at the club. They gave me the name and phone number of the hiring manager, and told me to call or stop by the club. I dropped of my resume with the hiring manager and was called a few days later for a one on one interview. It was very by the book, and all the questions were scripted to see how you would deal with customer service issues. Also talked about pervious experience and why I wanted to work for a healthy way of life company. After it was over, the manager say I made it to the next step, which was another one on one interview, with the general manager. I was called a few days later to set up an interview and was given two statements to memorize and dicuss. This interview was much more laid back, and after 20 minutes talking about the company and the role of the job, I was offered a condtional job based on a background check. This check took about a week and a half to come back, and was offered the postion. This was a long process for an entry level postion.

Interview Question – what do you do to live a healthy way of life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was explained in the first interview that this was a min wage postion with nights and weekends requried.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!