Life Time Fitness Member Services Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.2

Member Services Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

Two interviews one with department head and one with GM. Both interviews were face to face and pretty easy. A couple days after interviews i received a email saying i got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Member Services Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2015.

Interview

They called me after i submitted my resume online and then asked me a few questions and invited me for an interview at the office. During the interview they asked me many different customer services questions and told me about what they expected at the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Member Services Team Member Interview

Interview

I've been on both sides of the interview process, so I know that it can take a long time to get the initial reach out, since they hire on a revolving as-neeeded basis. The clubs I worked at were very picky about the candidates that they contacted, so make sure your application isn't just a churn-and-burn one that you've sent out to a million different places. Research the company, and only apply if you are serious about customer service, not just some summer job that you'll be at for 3 months. Plan to have actual experiences ready for the interview, not just "I would" or "I think" scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LTF? (Really think about this and answer truthfully!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay scale has some flexibility, but not much.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Eagan, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Questions

• None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Fairfax, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Manager and General manager were very nice. Interview was fast paced and mostly asked questions based on past work experience. It helps to know the company mission and vision by heart.

Member Services Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2014.

Interview

You are emailed back almost immediately if they don't want you. if you're appealing in your submissions you are called for a phone screening to see if you're worth an interview. If you don't suit a resume they won't even open your application. You are then called in for an interview that's pretty scenario based and if you nail that one then you will be called into the interview with the general manager to recite the mission and vision

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question honestly is the simplest one like "describe a time when..." because you have to sit there for a second and kind of film through your life to find a decent answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing is negotiable at first

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

They pretty much read off a script which is the same for every interviewee in that department. They don't really look up at you because they are taking notes which is ok to do. Very robotic feeling.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge at work. What happened and what was the final outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Beachwood, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

DH called me to setup an interview. Went to the interview and nailed it. She then emailed me all of the forms that needed to signed such as the background check. The day after the interview, I had a 1:1 interview with the Head MEA. nailed it. got a phone call the next day and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were extremely busy with multiple tasks ahead. How did you go about achieving ultimate customer satisfaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Member Services Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

in order to schedule an interview, I repeatedly called the front desk reception and visited the Lifetime Athletic, Life Time Fitness, location in order speak with the hiring manager. On my third visit, I was able to speak with the hiring manager and was interviewed on the spot. I was offered the job 20 minutes after and officially hired a week later.

Interview Questions

• You are playing basketball with a group of children when one child hits another. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Collierville, TN) in November 2013.

Interview

Very easy initial interview. Interviewed with Department Head and had traditional behavioral questions and availability and salary requirements. Was given the mission statement and told to memorize it for following interview with General Manager the following week. Interview with general manager went very well. More behavioral questions and learned more about the role.