Life Time Fitness

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member Services Team Member Interview

I've been on both sides of the interview process, so I know that it can take a long time to get the initial reach out, since they hire on a revolving as-neeeded basis. The clubs I worked at were very picky about the candidates that they contacted, so make sure your application isn't just a churn-and-burn one that you've sent out to a million different places. Research the company, and only apply if you are serious about customer service, not just some summer job that you'll be at for 3 months. Plan to have actual experiences ready for the interview, not just "I would" or "I think" scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for LTF? (Really think about this and answer truthfully!)   Answer Question
The pay scale has some flexibility, but not much.

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in June 2014.

Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2014.

You are emailed back almost immediately if they don't want you. if you're appealing in your submissions you are called for a phone screening to see if you're worth an interview. If you don't suit a resume they won't even open your application. You are then called in for an interview that's pretty scenario based and if you nail that one then you will be called into the interview with the general manager to recite the mission and vision

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question honestly is the simplest one like "describe a time when..." because you have to sit there for a second and kind of film through your life to find a decent answer   Answer Question
    nothing is negotiable at first

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2013.

DH called me to setup an interview. Went to the interview and nailed it. She then emailed me all of the forms that needed to signed such as the background check. The day after the interview, I had a 1:1 interview with the Head MEA. nailed it. got a phone call the next day and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were extremely busy with multiple tasks ahead. How did you go about achieving ultimate customer satisfaction?   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

in order to schedule an interview, I repeatedly called the front desk reception and visited the Lifetime Athletic, Life Time Fitness, location in order speak with the hiring manager. On my third visit, I was able to speak with the hiring manager and was interviewed on the spot. I was offered the job 20 minutes after and officially hired a week later.

Interview Questions
    • You are playing basketball with a group of children when one child hits another. How do you respond?   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in July 2013.

Initial communication by phone with Department Head. We arranged an interview within the week.

The first interview was at the gym on a Friday with the Department Head. She basically read questions off a script, never wrote anything down. I got the distinct impression this was all a formality. She was very nice but didn't seem to care very much if I would actually be good at the job or not. She invited me back at the end of the interview for a second interview with the General Manager the following Monday. She gave me a piece of paper that had the company's Vision and Mission printed on it, and also our departmental Vision and Mission. She told me to memorize these because I would probably need to know them for the second interview.

The second interview was supposed to be on the Monday with the GM, but he didn't bother to show up for it (something, I learned later, was pretty standard there). Instead, I interviewed with the sales manager. The interview consisted of the following quetions:
    What is LifeTime Fitness' Vision? What does it mean to you?
    What is LifeTime Fitness' Mission? What does it mean to you?
    That was all. I was sent to the lobby to wait and found out that day I was hired, because I had memorized those two things. That is the sole basis upon which I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • You are required to know the company's vision and mission by heard for your second interview. If you don't know them, you *will not* get a job. Guaranteed.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The job is minimum wage, and they have ridiculous scheduling practices. The up side is you are paid by the minute, so as long as you clock in and clock out on time, you'll be paid for your full shift regardless of any other circumstances (ie: they don't try to rip you off by asking you to come early or stay a few minutes late without pay).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2011.

Apply on-line multiple times, wait for an e-mail or phone call. Have multiple interviews with different levels of management, background checks, corporate approval all in all takes about 2 months to start your first day.

None, minimum wage, take it or leave it.

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in July 2010.

I applied online, and followed up with the front desk at the club. They gave me the name and phone number of the hiring manager, and told me to call or stop by the club. I dropped of my resume with the hiring manager and was called a few days later for a one on one interview. It was very by the book, and all the questions were scripted to see how you would deal with customer service issues. Also talked about pervious experience and why I wanted to work for a healthy way of life company. After it was over, the manager say I made it to the next step, which was another one on one interview, with the general manager. I was called a few days later to set up an interview and was given two statements to memorize and dicuss. This interview was much more laid back, and after 20 minutes talking about the company and the role of the job, I was offered a condtional job based on a background check. This check took about a week and a half to come back, and was offered the postion. This was a long process for an entry level postion.

Interview Questions
    It was explained in the first interview that this was a min wage postion with nights and weekends requried.