Life Time Fitness Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions
    • If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Basic interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and why are you interested in sales?
    Are you comfortable working in a 100% commission position? Comfortable with long hours? (i.e. 55+ hours per week to consistently meet your sales quota for the month)

Nothing should catch you off guard, it's not an overly stressful set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question

Received a better offer from competitor, salary position.

Member Services Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in June 2014.

Applied online and stopped in to talk to Hiring Manager after about a week and a half. She said they were reviewing applications and would call me to set up an interview in a few days. She called about a week later to do a pre-screen phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • None. They ask you to memorize their Vision & Mission Statements but everything else is pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Architecture Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in August 2013.

You have to submit your resume in their Taleo system. Then their internal recruiter will call you and schedule a phone pre-screening interview with themselves. If this person feels you qualify, they will pass your resume along to the decision committee who will decide if they want to interview you are not. My resume was passed along twice. I interviewed in person once and was not selected the second time.

The telephone pre-screen interview was about a half an hour. The questions were really just a review of your resume to obtain a better understanding of your history.

When I interviewed in person, it was with the Director of Architecture and a couple of other people. I'm not sure who they were as they weren't necessarily memorable. I know I was not expecting to have to interview in front of a team of people as it was never mentioned pre-interview, so it was intimidating. After the interview, one of the group members gives you a tour of the facilities across from the head quarters which unfortunately was a little uncomfortable because you are in full business interview suit and tie and walking around a humid fitness club is not ideal.

After the in-person interview, I received a follow up call from the recruiter pending the decision and when the decision was made. I also received a follow up call from the recruiter from my second prescreening when my resume was not selected for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A healthy way of life is our company's motto, how do you live a healthy way of life?   View Answer

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I interviewed at two different Life Times for this same position and both had the same questions and were extremely disorganized. At the first one I went to, the manager who was supposed to interview me forgot about the interview and wasn't at the club so I was interviewed by another guy who wasn't the one doing the hiring. He read questions off of a piece of paper and wrote down what I said for the manager to read. When I asked questions regarding more details on the position I was interviewing for he was not able to give very clear answers. None of the questions were horribly difficult. The second Life Time I interviewed at was just as disorganized. The department head who was supposed to interview me had to fill in in the child center so our interview took place sitting on the floor in the child center. I had to wait while she changed a diaper. When she finally started the interview and asked the first question I had to answer over screaming children and she seemed like she wasn't listening. It was very distracting. After the first question she asked if she could call me later that night to finish the interview so she could give me her full attention. I agreed, but she ended up not calling until a week later and then offered me the job without really interviewing me. She neglected to tell me until after I accepted her offer that I still had to interview with the manager before I officially had the job. The interview with the manager went much smoother and was more organized. None of the questions were too weird or difficult. The manager I interviewed with was actually leaving that position for a different one shorty after this interview, so he ended up not even being my boss for the summer. I was offered the second interview at the first Life Time I interviewed at but turned it down, because I was already offered the job at the other Life Time. It is important to know that you are expected to know and recite Life Time's mission and vision statements at the interview with the manager. The lady who interviewed me in the child center neglected to tell this to me, but luckily the guy who interviewed me at the first Life Time did tell me.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember many of the questions except for one that was "describe a time when you were interrupted during work and had to stop and attend to something else."   Answer Question
    There was not negotiation for this job as it was a seasonal hourly wage job.

Interactive Design/Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter for a full-time position with the interactive team. Sent my design portfolio and some examples pertinent to the job. The Life Time folks said they liked it and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went really, really well. The recruiter contacted me to say they felt the same way, and they scheduled me for a big, 2-hour interview two days later.

However...the recruiter called me the day before my big interview and said, "Unfortunately they've cancelled the interview, and have decided not to pursue you any further. When I asked them what had changed, the team lead said that he showed your portfolio to his team, and he said there was a 'negative predisposition' towards your work. When I pressed him, he said that one or two people on his team either didn't like your work, or they felt that your experience was not good enough. But then he never really gave me a solid answer." The crazy thing was that this had happened to another one of this recruiter's candidates, and in that case, the interview was cancelled when the interviewee was on his way to the interview.

So if you apply for a position at Life Time, be prepared that they may sound interested and all, but then arbitrarily cancel the interview and pull the rug out from under you with little to no explanation.

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview I was asked about my experience in interactive design, and about any particular accomplishments for which I felt proud.   Answer Question

Brand Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2011.

Can you ride a bike for 100 miles?

Interview Questions
    • Can you work with people from the midwest?   View Answer
    non-existent

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in August 2011.

The interview consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with management and additional interview with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didnt agree with another coworker, how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    Be realistic.

Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2011.

I began the application online but did not complete it. The next morning I got a call from the department director and was asked about my experience and was asked to come in for an interview even though I didn't officially apply for the position. The department director was 20 minutes late for the interview. I was asked a few questions about the company's values and a few about my experience with swimming and children. The interviewer left and 10 minutes later brought out the general manager to interview me. I was asked questions about myself, which the GM just repeated back to me. It was just strange. Neither interviewer made eye contact or seemed to care about bringing me on as an employee. They just want to make sure you have a pulse, can speak English, and aren't crazy.

Interview Questions
    None. Pay is determined by the amount of experience you have based on their point system and training hours are minimum wage.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2009.

Everyone was courteous and professional. No complaints.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if after 3 months, you're just not cutting it and making expected goals?   Answer Question