Life Time Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

First initial interview is usually with the PT Director of the Club. He may have you on the spot, take a piece of paper, and tell you to walk the fitness floor and get 5 different people's thoughts on why they joined the club and tell you to come back.

If you make it to the next stage, you come in to train one of the trainers, who is typically an Assistant Director (can be anywhere from 3-6 of these depending on size of club). Be ready for them to throw a monkey wrench in whatever you had planned (will possibly act as if they have bad knees, ankle injury, etc.) If you are lucky, they will just want a good workout, because typically it is their down time when they usually workout anyway.

The third stage is usually with the GM of the club who oversees the entire club. Be ready to know information about the club. My GM asked me on the spot what the mission statement was, word for word. I was given a heads up by the 2nd interviewer. Also, depending on the person, (my GM was a little different), asked random fitness questions, such as how many bones in the body or something random like that.

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2014.

I reached out to the head of personal training after doing research on the website and figuring out who to contact. We arranged to meet and had exchanged numerous email. On the day of my interview, I arrived early and was left waiting for about 15 minutes. None of the staff had any idea of what was going on. Turns out, the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't there that day. I spoke with the assistant department head who was really nice. He asked me questions about Life Time's mission statement and why I want to work at Life Time over other gyms, pretty typical.
    He then went on to tell me about how Life Time runs their personal training - it's all sales. Basically, their trainers have to meet a quota for personal training package sales, supplement sales, and equipment sales. So basically, it's a sales job. The actual training is secondary to the quota you have to meet. I was instantly turned off to the company and the position. I had been a member of Life Time for years and it was actually how I got into fitness. Discovering that they're more focused on money than their members was like finding out Santa isn't real.
    All in all, the assistant department head told me I'd have to come back when the guy I was supposed to interview with returned; I found out we had both wasted an hour of our time.

Interview Questions
    • You will have to sell training packages, can you do that?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Met with the Fitness Director and the General Manager of the club. I didn't feel like there was much communication between the two with Human Resource department prior to my interviews because they were all over the place and neither seemed to have any understanding of my previous experience or educational background.

Interview Questions
    • To speak about how the mission and vision of the company effected me personally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in November 2012.

The interview process consist of... application... initial interview... practical interview... interview with dh... interview with the gm... phone interview with personal trainer regional department lead

Interview Questions
    • Asked to sale personal training on the spot with no indication of how the process is done   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I had to undergo 3 interviews from: Department Head, Shadowing from a Veteran Personal Trainer and then the General Manager of the facility. It took over 2 weeks to finalize it but nearly a month before I was on the payroll.

Interview Questions
    • Just be ready to show your work off as a trainer as a practical is required on the floor. LFT wants to see how you train a client, even with injuries. NASM is the best license to have for this company   View Answer
    100% Commission

Personal Trainer Interview

5 interviews total, It is more about making sure you are a good fit for Life Time Fitness and they for you. The Personal training industry takes dedication and you have got to have it if you will be successful. I got the impression they really try to weed out those that don't "want" it but are just looking for something easy to do, it isn't easy

Interview Questions
    • As someone who has not trained anyone before, the most awkward, difficult part was the practical floor interview, where you are in the trainer role with a person who may be your superior if you are successful in getting a job offer   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Straight Forward. Just be personable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in November 2012.

Three interviews. First, the department head. Second, your team leader within the personal training department. Lastly, the General Manager of the club.
    A very easy interview process, especially meeting the GM. The department head is only looking to get more people onboard and actually will sell you on the position. If it doesn't work out they just hire a replacement. Turnover is crazy in this industry.

Interview Questions
    • The "most difficult" questions come from your team leader who will take your through the club's "training solutions" consultation in order to get to know you and how your versed in health and fitness. They might also ask for your expertise on program design or nutrition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2012.

not a good management, interview system, company. This company called me for an interview and asked way too many questions. Before bringing me in for a second interview the manager asked me to memorize their vision and mission statements.. 2 long, poem like corporate philosophies thatbwere an absolute waste of my time and thought. The second interview was much like the phine interview in that. there were just too many stupid opinionated questions asked. worst of all, I had been interviewing with other employers and had another interview on Monday. The manager, I believe Sherry, had me memorize the statements and cancel my appointments/schedule with the other potential employer .. of course giving me the impression I would be hired... Then rejected me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2012.

The interview process was long for me but that is because they have new hire training once a month so I missed the first training and had to wait for the next months training.

Interview Questions

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!