Life Time Fitness

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rockville, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2014.

Interview Details – I reached out to the head of personal training after doing research on the website and figuring out who to contact. We arranged to meet and had exchanged numerous email. On the day of my interview, I arrived early and was left waiting for about 15 minutes. None of the staff had any idea of what was going on. Turns out, the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't there that day. I spoke with the assistant department head who was really nice. He asked me questions about Life Time's mission statement and why I want to work at Life Time over other gyms, pretty typical.
He then went on to tell me about how Life Time runs their personal training - it's all sales. Basically, their trainers have to meet a quota for personal training package sales, supplement sales, and equipment sales. So basically, it's a sales job. The actual training is secondary to the quota you have to meet. I was instantly turned off to the company and the position. I had been a member of Life Time for years and it was actually how I got into fitness. Discovering that they're more focused on money than their members was like finding out Santa isn't real.
All in all, the assistant department head told me I'd have to come back when the guy I was supposed to interview with returned; I found out we had both wasted an hour of our time.

Interview Question – You will have to sell training packages, can you do that?   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – Met with the Fitness Director and the General Manager of the club. I didn't feel like there was much communication between the two with Human Resource department prior to my interviews because they were all over the place and neither seemed to have any understanding of my previous experience or educational background.

Interview Question – To speak about how the mission and vision of the company effected me personally.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consist of... application... initial interview... practical interview... interview with dh... interview with the gm... phone interview with personal trainer regional department lead

Interview Question – Asked to sale personal training on the spot with no indication of how the process is done   Answer Question

Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – I had to undergo 3 interviews from: Department Head, Shadowing from a Veteran Personal Trainer and then the General Manager of the facility. It took over 2 weeks to finalize it but nearly a month before I was on the payroll.

Interview Question – Just be ready to show your work off as a trainer as a practical is required on the floor. LFT wants to see how you train a client, even with injuries. NASM is the best license to have for this company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 100% Commission

Interviewed at Life Time Fitness

Interview Details – 5 interviews total, It is more about making sure you are a good fit for Life Time Fitness and they for you. The Personal training industry takes dedication and you have got to have it if you will be successful. I got the impression they really try to weed out those that don't "want" it but are just looking for something easy to do, it isn't easy

Interview Question – As someone who has not trained anyone before, the most awkward, difficult part was the practical floor interview, where you are in the trainer role with a person who may be your superior if you are successful in getting a job offer   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

I applied online and interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – Straight Forward. Just be personable.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in November 2012.

Interview Details – Three interviews. First, the department head. Second, your team leader within the personal training department. Lastly, the General Manager of the club.
A very easy interview process, especially meeting the GM. The department head is only looking to get more people onboard and actually will sell you on the position. If it doesn't work out they just hire a replacement. Turnover is crazy in this industry.

Interview Question – The "most difficult" questions come from your team leader who will take your through the club's "training solutions" consultation in order to get to know you and how your versed in health and fitness. They might also ask for your expertise on program design or nutrition.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2012.

Interview Details – not a good management, interview system, company. This company called me for an interview and asked way too many questions. Before bringing me in for a second interview the manager asked me to memorize their vision and mission statements.. 2 long, poem like corporate philosophies thatbwere an absolute waste of my time and thought. The second interview was much like the phine interview in that. there were just too many stupid opinionated questions asked. worst of all, I had been interviewing with other employers and had another interview on Monday. The manager, I believe Sherry, had me memorize the statements and cancel my appointments/schedule with the other potential employer .. of course giving me the impression I would be hired... Then rejected me.

Interview Question – lots of stupid, opinionated questions.   Answer Question

Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long for me but that is because they have new hire training once a month so I missed the first training and had to wait for the next months training.

Interview Question – Can you recite the company vision and mission statement?   View Answers (2)

Saint Louis Park, MN

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in October 2009.

Interview Details – Everyone was courteous and professional. No complaints.

Interview Question – What would you do, if after 3 months, you're just not cutting it and making expected goals?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Life Time Fitness

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness Personal Trainer interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees and interview candidates.