Life Time Fitness Summer Camp Counselor Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johns Creek, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in April 2014.

I applied for this position in January 2014 and was emailed for a group interview in early March. I was very excited because this was an ideal job for me. When I showed up to the group interview it was only me and another lady much older than me. We waited for the Kids Activities manager to come out to meet us. When she finally did she led us to her office. It wasn't an interview at all she talked to us about pay, the basic schedule for the summer camp counselors and etc. I was feeling good it sounded like I was going to get the job. She then told us that the next step was a group audition with the Department Head. We would have to go in on a saturday bringing a game that we prepared and demonstrate that game. It was supposed to show the Dept Head that we are fun and energetic and Summer Camp Counselor material. We also had to memorize the mission and vision statements. It sounded easy enough to me. She handed us her card and set up the group audition. My group audition was on the same day as my Prom, I was a little nervous as to how it would work out but I went through with it anyways. On the day of the group interview I came in very prepared. I knew the mission and vision statement and I had a great game prepared. When I got there, there were three other kids about my age waiting there. I was happy to see that there wasn't that many people. Sadly, as the time neared closer to 10:00(the time of the interview) the room was full of about 20-30 applicants. I was very nervous I knew that I would have to do really well to stand out if I wanted this job. One of the men who worked in the Kids Activities centers told all of us to come outside where we would play our games. The woman who I had my first interview with, her assistant and the dept head were all there. They called our names one by one and we all introduced our games. When it was my turn, I felt really good. I had the chance to watch others go before me so I knew what I should and should not do. I was loud and took charge and my game went really well, it seemed like everyone liked it. After that I was asked to recite the mission statement which I did perfectly. The audition lasted about 2 hrs, it was very long and tedious but also fun because we got to play all the games. At the end of the interview we were told that we would get an email with all of the information about training and etc. No one was told that they would get an email saying they would not get the job. The way they were talking to us basically made everyone in the room think that the job was theirs. I left feeling very accomplished. I went to my Prom and had a great time thinking I had landed the job.The next day which was a sunday I received an email saying that I did not get the job. I was devastated and confused. They did not say that an email would be sent saying you did not get the job they made everyone in that room think they had a chance. I was very disappointed that there was no explanation as to why i was not hired. It was a very generic, insensitive email that they send to everyone. I have feeling that I did not get the job because I was only 16, if that was the fact i wish I was informed about this before I wasted my time trying to get this job. I am very disappointed in this company and do not think I will apply ever again.

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later. There were two interviews, first with head of child care and then with GM. For the second you are required to have memorized the mission and the vision.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      What does good customer service mean to you?
        Answer Question

Found a closer job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Commerce Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2012.

3 different interviews: first small partner interview with basic interview questions. Next propose a game to play with 20-30 children ages 5-12. Last was a big group interview of 10 people where at the end everyone was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Had to memorize all the mission statements every time or else would have to do it over.   Answer Question
    8.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I interviewed at two different Life Times for this same position and both had the same questions and were extremely disorganized. At the first one I went to, the manager who was supposed to interview me forgot about the interview and wasn't at the club so I was interviewed by another guy who wasn't the one doing the hiring. He read questions off of a piece of paper and wrote down what I said for the manager to read. When I asked questions regarding more details on the position I was interviewing for he was not able to give very clear answers. None of the questions were horribly difficult. The second Life Time I interviewed at was just as disorganized. The department head who was supposed to interview me had to fill in in the child center so our interview took place sitting on the floor in the child center. I had to wait while she changed a diaper. When she finally started the interview and asked the first question I had to answer over screaming children and she seemed like she wasn't listening. It was very distracting. After the first question she asked if she could call me later that night to finish the interview so she could give me her full attention. I agreed, but she ended up not calling until a week later and then offered me the job without really interviewing me. She neglected to tell me until after I accepted her offer that I still had to interview with the manager before I officially had the job. The interview with the manager went much smoother and was more organized. None of the questions were too weird or difficult. The manager I interviewed with was actually leaving that position for a different one shorty after this interview, so he ended up not even being my boss for the summer. I was offered the second interview at the first Life Time I interviewed at but turned it down, because I was already offered the job at the other Life Time. It is important to know that you are expected to know and recite Life Time's mission and vision statements at the interview with the manager. The lady who interviewed me in the child center neglected to tell this to me, but luckily the guy who interviewed me at the first Life Time did tell me.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember many of the questions except for one that was "describe a time when you were interrupted during work and had to stop and attend to something else."   Answer Question
    There was not negotiation for this job as it was a seasonal hourly wage job.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!