Life Time Fitness

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Life Time Fitness

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted about a month later. There were two interviews, first with head of child care and then with GM. For the second you are required to have memorized the mission and the vision.

Interview Question – What was a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
What does good customer service mean to you?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a closer job

Summer Camp Counselor
Commerce Township, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2012.

Interview Details – 3 different interviews: first small partner interview with basic interview questions. Next propose a game to play with 20-30 children ages 5-12. Last was a big group interview of 10 people where at the end everyone was offered the job.

Interview Question – Had to memorize all the mission statements every time or else would have to do it over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.00

Summer Camp Counselor
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview Details – I interviewed at two different Life Times for this same position and both had the same questions and were extremely disorganized. At the first one I went to, the manager who was supposed to interview me forgot about the interview and wasn't at the club so I was interviewed by another guy who wasn't the one doing the hiring. He read questions off of a piece of paper and wrote down what I said for the manager to read. When I asked questions regarding more details on the position I was interviewing for he was not able to give very clear answers. None of the questions were horribly difficult. The second Life Time I interviewed at was just as disorganized. The department head who was supposed to interview me had to fill in in the child center so our interview took place sitting on the floor in the child center. I had to wait while she changed a diaper. When she finally started the interview and asked the first question I had to answer over screaming children and she seemed like she wasn't listening. It was very distracting. After the first question she asked if she could call me later that night to finish the interview so she could give me her full attention. I agreed, but she ended up not calling until a week later and then offered me the job without really interviewing me. She neglected to tell me until after I accepted her offer that I still had to interview with the manager before I officially had the job. The interview with the manager went much smoother and was more organized. None of the questions were too weird or difficult. The manager I interviewed with was actually leaving that position for a different one shorty after this interview, so he ended up not even being my boss for the summer. I was offered the second interview at the first Life Time I interviewed at but turned it down, because I was already offered the job at the other Life Time. It is important to know that you are expected to know and recite Life Time's mission and vision statements at the interview with the manager. The lady who interviewed me in the child center neglected to tell this to me, but luckily the guy who interviewed me at the first Life Time did tell me.

Interview Question – I don't remember many of the questions except for one that was "describe a time when you were interrupted during work and had to stop and attend to something else."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiation for this job as it was a seasonal hourly wage job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Life Time Fitness

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness Summer Camp Counselor interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees and interview candidates.