Life Time Fitness Swim Instructor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2014

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Swim Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I applied on the website and within a few days I received an email requesting an interview. I called and set up the interview and went in. There was a group of people and we had to swim and then individual talk to the management. We discussed past experience and how you would benefit Lifetime. You also had to swim 100m relay. After the meeting they had us wait and then and there I was told I had a job. They gave me a packet and told me I need to memorize the mission statement. I set an appointment for the second meeting at that point. I came in for the second meeting and spoke to someone in the HR department, I recited the mission statement and then answered questions about what I was interested in gaining from Lifetime. I was put into the system at that time and they also set up my free membership.

Interview Questions
  • They asked what would I do if a parent tried to force me into pushing the student into the next levee.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Swimming Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in March 2012.

Very informal. 4 Behavioral Questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Swim Instructor Interview

A lot of focus on whether you know the Mission and Vision of the company and not whether or not you know how to do the job.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2011.

I began the application online but did not complete it. The next morning I got a call from the department director and was asked about my experience and was asked to come in for an interview even though I didn't officially apply for the position. The department director was 20 minutes late for the interview. I was asked a few questions about the company's values and a few about my experience with swimming and children. The interviewer left and 10 minutes later brought out the general manager to interview me. I was asked questions about myself, which the GM just repeated back to me. It was just strange. Neither interviewer made eye contact or seemed to care about bringing me on as an employee. They just want to make sure you have a pulse, can speak English, and aren't crazy.

Interview Questions
    None. Pay is determined by the amount of experience you have based on their point system and training hours are minimum wage.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!