LifeChurch.tv

www.lifechurch.tv

LifeChurch.tv Interview Questions

4.1

Worship Pastor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv.

The interview process at LifeChurch.tv is pretty intense! Typically a round-robin interview style, the candidate and spouse will encounter three, 30 minute interviews with a team of 6-10 LifeChurch team members. There's really not a way to prepare for the interviews and my advice to a potential candidate would be to simply be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • We didn't expect the process to be as spiritually life-giving as it was. It was hard but incredible.   Answer Question

Campus Administration Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv.

The interview process had several steps but was quick and clear. After submitting my résumé, I had an initial Skype interview, testing, a follow-up Skype interview, and then an in-person interview. Other final candidates were also present at the in-person interview, which was very awkward. Several questions asked were borderline inappropriate, but the intention was clear and understood.

Interview Questions
    • If we don't hire you, which of the other candidates present do you think we should hire?   Answer Question
    I was given an offer letter and presented the option to accept or decline. No negotiations happened.

Associate Campus Pastor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv in September 2013.

The interview process at LifeChurch.tv is very intense, but very informational and infighting. You will truly walk away from the process learning so much about yourself and the LifeChurch.tv culture.

Very good.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv in August 2013.

Initial Communication-very professional yet friendly, genuine. Somewhat of a lengthy interview process (but its because they want to make sure that you are right for the job and that the job is right for you.) Application with portfolio/resume, phone interview, testing, and finally a team chemistry interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is one weakness that you have and how do you manage it?   Answer Question

Crestive Media Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv in March 2013.

Began with email, phone interview, then two in person interviews in front of a panel, one with my spouse and one without. I've also seen interviews with others via Skype. The process was very transparent, and any information I requested was given. Be honest, and make sure you are passionate about furthering the ministry of Christ in the area you are interviewing for. If you just apply for a lot of different positions because you want to work for LifeChurch.tv, you will not get interviewed.
    My interview process took 4 months, but that is atypical. I would expect most processes to take between 2 weeks to 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • Defending the direction I took in the project that I submitted prior to the interview, and speaking about what might make me most vulnerable in the future in regards to being able to successfully fulfill the demands of my position.   Answer Question
    They asked me what my minimum required salary would be, and I was offered it. It lined up with exactly what the entry level salary was for my position. Benefits are already set up in a tiered system based on what level you are hired into. I did not attempt any negotiations in that area.

IT Development Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv in November 2012.

Job posting on website, application with resume, Phone screen, Skype Video Screen, In-person visit, personality testing, competency testing, spiritual gifts testing, In-person interview with two different panels, phone and email offer, counter offer, accepted

Interview Questions
    • What risk is LifeChurch.tv taking in hiring you?   View Answer
    Yes, I negotiated one time for a signing bonus of nearly 10%

Central Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv in March 2012.

Very long process. Applied for position, emailed 3 weeks later and asked to answer questions via email. A few days later I was asked to interview via Skype and then over the phone. A panel interview was scheduled for a week later. The panel consisted of 5 people at a round table. LOTS of questions, took just under an hour. They tried to make it comfortable and pleasant but if you answered a question in a way they didn't like, they all passed looks at each other and you definitely knew you didn't answer right. That made me feel uncomfortable :( They did not let me know if I had the job or not until I contacted them a week later. I didn't get the job and when I asked for feedback they just told me they didn't think I would like it and I didn't have enough passion for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do think you would be good at this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your employment history and past and how those experiences would benefit you in this job?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LifeChurch.tv in September 2011.

I submitted my resume online and was contacted within 1 week. Initial phone screening was scheduled for a few days later, after that I was asked to complete extensive testing (CDAT, Keirsey temperment, spiritual gifts, etc.), and based on those results I was selected to move on to the last round, which was a group interview in which test results are discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about some of the test results were difficult, as they hold these results very high and will challenge you with questions about your weaknesses   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, I gave a range and I got the very bottom of my range, and that was a big stretch for them to give to me. You will not get paid your market rate here.