LifeScan

LifeScan Interview Questions

3.4

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at LifeScan.

Good hiring process and interview Process.

SLDP Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LifeScan.

College recruiting/ sales competitions is where they find candidates. They interview at your campus then if you make it through send you to their home office.

Too much travel.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at LifeScan.

Called to schedule an interview. Three separate interviews with IT staff, two individual and one group/panel interview. Second follow-up interviews with key users that position would be interfacing with (three users from different departments).

Interview Questions
    • Describe the personality traits you find most challenging to work with and how you resolve those challenges to be able to work effectively work with the person who may exhibit those traits.   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation of salary available. No movement for PTO time.

Purchasing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LifeScan in June 2011.

Their onsite staffing agency is Kelly Services. Kelly and/or Lifescan are friendly but if you're over about 40, don't bother.

The rep was clear that this was a priority position to start ASAP. They were advertising on all the main sites so that seemed true. The initial phone screen was quick - I was honest about the only program that I didn't have experience in. She sent several resumess to the manager - (in theory) - to my surprise, I was one of two invited in for an interview. The whole turnaround on that was less than two hours. Again, surprising but desperate managers can sometimes pull it off.

The arrangements for the interview turned out to not have been confirmed. I was waiting for 20 minutes before they foun the manager. She did not know it had been scheduled..She had just returned from leave the day before. It is not good to have an irate and distracted interviewer.

To her credit, she shifted gears and the interview was good. She outlined the company, how it fit into Johnson an Johnson and how the position fit into that. She also brought in another manager who had a position I could be a fit and that manager was enthused too.

The usual questions, largely behavioral e.g. What was a problem you faced and how did you deal with it? How do you work with an irate manager who wants to go around policy? How do you organize yourself when there is an overload of work, all which needs to be done now? Tell me about your experience in this position. We clicked well and she said I'd be a great fit for both the job and the team. The Kelly manager onsite was apologetic but said the hiring manager was very pleased,

It was pretty odd, then, when Kelly rep did not get back to me as agreed on Friday - I called her and - surprise!!! - they had suddenly found another candidate who had worked there 3+ years ago in another position.

She then sent a 5 word follow up note. No interview feedback. No comments. Not even the usual signoffs that companies use to keep you feeling good about the brand(s).

I am over 50 - the only variable in all this was that Kelly and the manager could see that during the live interview. Johnson and Johnson as well as Kelly have positioned themselves as committed to hiring mature workers. The treatment after the interview sure did not reflect that. The old trick of suddenly having another candidate indicates they're either it is all hype or middle management has not gotten the memo.

Interview Questions
    • We have many managers who do not understand the process and want someone to blame. How would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Our managers have short and long term deadlines that have to be met - they cannot do this if their approval is taking longer than they want it to. One has signed a contract on his own and the product is on its way. What do you do?   Answer Question

SLDP Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at LifeScan in December 2010.

The interviews were tough, but if you are confident in selling yourself and work well with a team you'll do great. I went through around 8 different interviews all in one day, which started early and ended pretty late. I am so excited to start in June with my SLDP team. I feel that the interview process really helps identify who you are as a person and how motivated and goal oriented you will be in your career.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were simple if your honest with yourself and the people who are interviewing you. Make sure to answer each question with the value you brought to each situation and the benefits you provided.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager- Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at LifeScan in January 2009.

One 45 minute interview was all it took. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What product do you most admire and why?   View Answer
    Yes, be fair but convincing

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inverness, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inverness, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LifeScan in June 2012.

Phone Interview, then an interview on site with a number of people (lasted whole day).

Interview Questions
    • Usual questions like what are you most proud of, team work etc. Be prepared to answer the same questions to a number of interviewers separately.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LifeScan in February 2012.

HR was very nice as well as the interviewer.
    3 total rounds of interviews ranging from twenty minutes to an hour.
    First round was HR from head office for official screening. Then second round with the local one you're applying for, and third with higher up management (very short).

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LifeScan in March 2011.

the intervew took 1 hours and some behaviors questions such as what will you do if one of the workmate come to ask your help,which will bother your current project.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LifeScan in November 2010.

2 interviews with managers.

No negotiation