LifeScan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at LifeScan.

Interview Details – Good hiring process and interview Process.

Interview Question – All Questions were relevant   Answer Question

SLDP Sales Associate Interview

SLDP Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LifeScan.

Interview Details – College recruiting/ sales competitions is where they find candidates. They interview at your campus then if you make it through send you to their home office.

Interview Question – Unexpected role play.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much travel.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at LifeScan.

Interview Details – Called to schedule an interview. Three separate interviews with IT staff, two individual and one group/panel interview. Second follow-up interviews with key users that position would be interfacing with (three users from different departments).

Interview Question – Describe the personality traits you find most challenging to work with and how you resolve those challenges to be able to work effectively work with the person who may exhibit those traits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slight negotiation of salary available. No movement for PTO time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Purchasing Data Analyst Interview

Purchasing Data Analyst
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LifeScan in June 2011.

Interview Details – Their onsite staffing agency is Kelly Services. Kelly and/or Lifescan are friendly but if you're over about 40, don't bother.

The rep was clear that this was a priority position to start ASAP. They were advertising on all the main sites so that seemed true. The initial phone screen was quick - I was honest about the only program that I didn't have experience in. She sent several resumess to the manager - (in theory) - to my surprise, I was one of two invited in for an interview. The whole turnaround on that was less than two hours. Again, surprising but desperate managers can sometimes pull it off.

The arrangements for the interview turned out to not have been confirmed. I was waiting for 20 minutes before they foun the manager. She did not know it had been scheduled..She had just returned from leave the day before. It is not good to have an irate and distracted interviewer.

To her credit, she shifted gears and the interview was good. She outlined the company, how it fit into Johnson an Johnson and how the position fit into that. She also brought in another manager who had a position I could be a fit and that manager was enthused too.

The usual questions, largely behavioral e.g. What was a problem you faced and how did you deal with it? How do you work with an irate manager who wants to go around policy? How do you organize yourself when there is an overload of work, all which needs to be done now? Tell me about your experience in this position. We clicked well and she said I'd be a great fit for both the job and the team. The Kelly manager onsite was apologetic but said the hiring manager was very pleased,

It was pretty odd, then, when Kelly rep did not get back to me as agreed on Friday - I called her and - surprise!!! - they had suddenly found another candidate who had worked there 3+ years ago in another position.

She then sent a 5 word follow up note. No interview feedback. No comments. Not even the usual signoffs that companies use to keep you feeling good about the brand(s).

I am over 50 - the only variable in all this was that Kelly and the manager could see that during the live interview. Johnson and Johnson as well as Kelly have positioned themselves as committed to hiring mature workers. The treatment after the interview sure did not reflect that. The old trick of suddenly having another candidate indicates they're either it is all hype or middle management has not gotten the memo.

Interview Questions

• We have many managers who do not understand the process and want someone to blame. How would you handle that?   Answer Question
  • Our managers have short and long term deadlines that have to be met - they cannot do this if their approval is taking longer than they want it to. One has signed a contract on his own and the product is on its way. What do you do?   Answer Question

SLDP Sales Associate Interview

SLDP Sales Associate
Milpitas, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at LifeScan in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interviews were tough, but if you are confident in selling yourself and work well with a team you'll do great. I went through around 8 different interviews all in one day, which started early and ended pretty late. I am so excited to start in June with my SLDP team. I feel that the interview process really helps identify who you are as a person and how motivated and goal oriented you will be in your career.

Interview Question – All of the questions were simple if your honest with yourself and the people who are interviewing you. Make sure to answer each question with the value you brought to each situation and the benefits you provided.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager- Intern Interview

Associate Marketing Manager- Intern
Milpitas, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at LifeScan in January 2009.

Interview Details – One 45 minute interview was all it took. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Question – What product do you most admire and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, be fair but convincing

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Associate Marketing Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LifeScan in November 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with managers.

Interview Question – Weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Inverness, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LifeScan in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then an interview on site with a number of people (lasted whole day).

Interview Question – Usual questions like what are you most proud of, team work etc. Be prepared to answer the same questions to a number of interviewers separately.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LifeScan in February 2012.

Interview Details – HR was very nice as well as the interviewer.
3 total rounds of interviews ranging from twenty minutes to an hour.
First round was HR from head office for official screening. Then second round with the local one you're applying for, and third with higher up management (very short).

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LifeScan in March 2011.

Interview Details – the intervew took 1 hours and some behaviors questions such as what will you do if one of the workmate come to ask your help,which will bother your current project.

Interview Questions

Worked for LifeScan? Contribute to the Community!