LifeWay Christian Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Houston, TX).

Interview

It wasn't difficult at all. They sat me down, looked over my resume, and asked what I knew about particular items regarding bible companies, authors, and the more popular faith based items. The manager was extremely laid back and a lot more casual than I had previously thought he would be. In fact, the entire atmosphere was a lot more relaxed than I had imagined.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

looking at personal portfolio. It was very interesting but laid back for the most part. Of course there was a lot of faith based questions which were completely okay with me given my faith. I enjoyed the overall process and would enjoy working for this company.

Interview Questions

• How would I fit in the role   1 Answer

LifeWay Christian Resources Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy to hear that your interview experience was positive. We encourage you to please continue to monitor our career site www.lifeway.jobs for other open positions that you might be ... More

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in March 2015.

Interview

1) Online Application 2) Received an email requesting an interview with the store manager. 3) The interview lasted about 30 minutes. 4) The manager said he would make a decision within the next week. It has not yet been a week so I have not heard back. 5) The second interview consists of signing paperwork and presenting a blank check, etc. Must be willing to work Black Friday and one day a year for inventory until 2 a.m. Flexible schedule required as all Store Associates are part time and change hours regularly depending on availability and seasonal sales volume. Stores close at 8 p.m. except during holiday hours and the stores are closed on Sunday. No offer yet, but it has not been a week yet. Pay is not great and it would require working some evenings and Saturdays.

Interview Questions

• General questions about education, past work experience, and availability. He asked about my salvation. How would your teachers and supervisors describe you? Why retail and why Lifeway? Some questions were pretty deep and required some thought. We discussed the vision of Lifeway and I was asked how I would live it out as a Lifeway employee.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview

Very professional interview. Interviewed by two people. Fairly simple questions, yet made you have to think about a well put-together answer. Very friendly staff and management. Heard back from management fairly quickly, within the month. However, was not told pay rate. Went in, figured out it was minimum wage, and wasn't too happy about it.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to have a servant's heart for sales?   Answer Question

Global Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Received email from HR requesting to set up Skype Interview because I was out of state. I set up time to interview in person rather than over computer. HR representative was a pleasure to deal with and made the process easier. I interviewed with the person I would report to. Thoroughly enjoyed interview and learning more about Lifeway. Took almost 2 months to hear back regarding decision due to holiday and the amount of people that applied. Received an email from HR.

Interview Questions

LifeWay Christian Resources Response

Jan 26, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that the job opportunity did not work out this time however we do hope that you keep LifeWay in mind for future career opportunities. We encourage you to ... More

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview

Application is online only. I got a call the next day to come in for an interview later that week. Questions included briefly talking about my faith, previous experience, about me, and other general questions. I was also asked to alphabetize a stack of books and solve a few simple math problems.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a phone call the day after the interview offering the job. It paid minimum wage. There was no negotiation. Only higher positions or workers there more than a year make more money. The only full time workers are the manager and assistant manager.

Interview

Easy, questions asked by manager,. Interview took place in manager’s office. Not terribly complicated because I had extensive experience. Company is ministry-focused, so some questions pertained to experience with ministry opportunities

Interview Questions

• Don’t remember a difficult question. All standard interview questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Contacted by phone. Skype interview set up. Inteviewed over skype, then flew to Nashville for final interivew. It was a panel interview with multiple people asking questions

Interview Questions

• What are your THREE weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no ability to negotiate beyond the offer.

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The people make you feel welcome and comfortable. They are personable as well as professional. They take their time in the interview process without making you feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you are weakest at related to the work field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice would be...do not take a position if you do not really have an interest in that particular job. When you have a passion about the job you're applying for because you know you'll enjoy all of its responsibilities, then you'll be great at.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Its pretty simple. Similar to other online job requests. First you submitted an online application, then they send you an email confirmation. I applied on the weekend so it took a minute to hear back. I called the store I applied to regarding application, had interview. Went well. I enjoy the environment. It's nice to meet others in ministry and of the same faith as you.

Interview Questions

• What religious Affiliation are you associated with?   1 Answer