LifeWay Christian Resources

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Application is online only. I got a call the next day to come in for an interview later that week. Questions included briefly talking about my faith, previous experience, about me, and other general questions. I was also asked to alphabetize a stack of books and solve a few simple math problems.

Interview Questions
    I got a phone call the day after the interview offering the job. It paid minimum wage. There was no negotiation. Only higher positions or workers there more than a year make more money. The only full time workers are the manager and assistant manager.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Easy, questions asked by manager,. Interview took place in manager’s office. Not terribly complicated because I had extensive experience. Company is ministry-focused, so some questions pertained to experience with ministry opportunities

Interview Questions
    • Don’t remember a difficult question. All standard interview questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Contacted by phone. Skype interview set up. Inteviewed over skype, then flew to Nashville for final interivew. It was a panel interview with multiple people asking questions

Interview Questions
    There was no ability to negotiate beyond the offer.

Department Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

The people make you feel welcome and comfortable. They are personable as well as professional. They take their time in the interview process without making you feel rushed.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel you are weakest at related to the work field?   View Answer
    My advice would be...do not take a position if you do not really have an interest in that particular job. When you have a passion about the job you're applying for because you know you'll enjoy all of its responsibilities, then you'll be great at.

Online Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Two phone interviews, one all-day interview on site with multiple people and one work group.

Interview Questions
    • Are you currently engaging in any practices or behaviors that could damage the reputation of this company?   Answer Question
    I was not in a position to negotiate for this position.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

filled application online, got a call for an interview about 1 week later. was interviewed by store manager and manager in training. both were very nice. easy questions, felt very at ease

Key Holder Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in September 2013.

The first step is an online application. This is relatively easy and generic. The interview process, for me, consisted of only one interview with the District Managers. The interview was relatively easy and painless. The questions were typical of any interview (strengths/weaknesses, skill set, personality etc...). For this position one of the biggest questions they ask is to describe your leadership style and explain how it is effective. Lastly, they will ask you to "sell something" to them. This could be anything you have with you, your watch, your tie, your wallet, anything! This is to get a grasp on how well you can sell, add on sell, and upsell.

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in March 2013.

Flew down to headquarters interviewed in small room with six other district managers

Interview Questions
    • Didn't seem to like answers about tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in April 2011.

The application process is online. I applied first as a temporary associate, and then was later hired on part time. It took a couple of weeks to get a call back on my application. The manager liked my work history and references and set up an interview in the store with himself and an assistant manager. The questions were about retail in general (customer service situations, etc), then my church involvement and testimony. I was called back within a week after my interview and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your journey as a Christian.   View Answer
    I was not in a position to negotiate pay.

Centrifuge Staffer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in October 2010.

Application, extensive interview, reference reviews

Interview Questions
    • Serious back ground info required, questions about family, faith   View Answer
    I just accepted the position and signed paperwork