LifeWay Christian Resources

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

Interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources

Interview Details – Easy, questions asked by manager,. Interview took place in manager’s office. Not terribly complicated because I had extensive experience. Company is ministry-focused, so some questions pertained to experience with ministry opportunities

Interview Question – Don’t remember a difficult question. All standard interview questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone. Skype interview set up. Inteviewed over skype, then flew to Nashville for final interivew. It was a panel interview with multiple people asking questions

Interview Question – What are your THREE weaknesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no ability to negotiate beyond the offer.

Department Assistant Interview

Department Assistant
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview Details – The people make you feel welcome and comfortable. They are personable as well as professional. They take their time in the interview process without making you feel rushed.

Interview Question – What do you feel you are weakest at related to the work field?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My advice would be...do not take a position if you do not really have an interest in that particular job. When you have a passion about the job you're applying for because you know you'll enjoy all of its responsibilities, then you'll be great at.

Very Easy Interview

Centrifuge Staffer Interview

Centrifuge Staffer
Biloxi, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in October 2010.

Interview Details – Application, extensive interview, reference reviews

Interview Question – Serious back ground info required, questions about family, faith   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I just accepted the position and signed paperwork

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in April 2011.

Interview Details – The application process is online. I applied first as a temporary associate, and then was later hired on part time. It took a couple of weeks to get a call back on my application. The manager liked my work history and references and set up an interview in the store with himself and an assistant manager. The questions were about retail in general (customer service situations, etc), then my church involvement and testimony. I was called back within a week after my interview and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your journey as a Christian.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not in a position to negotiate pay.

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in September 2013.

Interview Details – The first step is an online application. This is relatively easy and generic. The interview process, for me, consisted of only one interview with the District Managers. The interview was relatively easy and painless. The questions were typical of any interview (strengths/weaknesses, skill set, personality etc...). For this position one of the biggest questions they ask is to describe your leadership style and explain how it is effective. Lastly, they will ask you to "sell something" to them. This could be anything you have with you, your watch, your tie, your wallet, anything! This is to get a grasp on how well you can sell, add on sell, and upsell.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Online Editor Interview

Online Editor
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, one all-day interview on site with multiple people and one work group.

Interview Question – Are you currently engaging in any practices or behaviors that could damage the reputation of this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not in a position to negotiate for this position.

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview Details – filled application online, got a call for an interview about 1 week later. was interviewed by store manager and manager in training. both were very nice. easy questions, felt very at ease

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Retail Management Interview

Retail Management
Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in March 2013.

Interview Details – Flew down to headquarters interviewed in small room with six other district managers

Interview Question – Didn't seem to like answers about tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in July 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, and it was extremely thorough. Got a phone call within a few days, and we set up an interview. No real skills were necessary to get the job, but by asking questions and chatting he was able to get a decent idea of what kind of person I am. After the interview, he told me he would call me for a second interview later on. The second interview was really nothing more than him letting me know I got the job and setting up a start time.

My only complaint was the number of vague and almost unanswerable questions that created awkward silences and confusion.
An example would be, "This is our vision statement. What does this mean to you?"
My answer took a while, since I wasn't sure what he was asking. I eventually ended up telling him that it meant to me exactly what it said. Not much of an answer, but hey, I got the job.

Interview Question – "This is our vision statement. What does this mean to you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiating was not necessary, although we did discuss pay. I jokingly told him I would take as much as I could get.

Worked for LifeWay Christian Resources? Contribute to the Community!