LifeWay Christian Resources

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in April 2011.

Interview Details – The application process is online. I applied first as a temporary associate, and then was later hired on part time. It took a couple of weeks to get a call back on my application. The manager liked my work history and references and set up an interview in the store with himself and an assistant manager. The questions were about retail in general (customer service situations, etc), then my church involvement and testimony. I was called back within a week after my interview and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your journey as a Christian.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not in a position to negotiate pay.

Sales Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in July 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, and it was extremely thorough. Got a phone call within a few days, and we set up an interview. No real skills were necessary to get the job, but by asking questions and chatting he was able to get a decent idea of what kind of person I am. After the interview, he told me he would call me for a second interview later on. The second interview was really nothing more than him letting me know I got the job and setting up a start time.

My only complaint was the number of vague and almost unanswerable questions that created awkward silences and confusion.
An example would be, "This is our vision statement. What does this mean to you?"
My answer took a while, since I wasn't sure what he was asking. I eventually ended up telling him that it meant to me exactly what it said. Not much of an answer, but hey, I got the job.

Interview Question – "This is our vision statement. What does this mean to you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiating was not necessary, although we did discuss pay. I jokingly told him I would take as much as I could get.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview Details – Unfortunately, I notice that only people who have connections in the LifeWay circuit or people with LOTS of work experience get these jobs. Personally, my dad is another store manager about 20 minutes north of the store I work at. The online application is somewhat complicated and confusing if I remember right. It is relatively short, however. I received a call days later to set up an interview. I sat down with the manager and he asked me about my involvement with my church and plans I have for the future. I was also asked about my previous work experience. I was then told that I will be getting a call to schedule an orientation.

Interview Question – I was asked what is something in the bible that i don't agree with? I was shocked by this question and he didn't crack a smile so I made up something about how I guess I don;t agree that it's bad for girls to get piercings or something like that. He looked at me and said he was joking and that I shouldn't disagree with anything in the bible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We didn't discuss, I wasn't even told what they wages were. I had to ask. It's $8 in wealthier areas, and maybe a little less in not as wealthy areas.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for LifeWay Christian Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifeWay Christian Resources Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by LifeWay Christian Resources employees and interview candidates.