Lifesize

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.3

Senior Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lifesize.

Standard process. Initially contacted by HR for first screen. Then interviewed with hiring manager a week or so later. After the interview, I received no feedback from HR. When I contacted them to ask if they made a decision, I received no reply. No professional courtesy was given even to answer my emails. It was just a big waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I came to the conclusion that the hiring manager had no ideas on what products they were going to develop. Was very evasive when I asked questions.   View Answer

Services Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lifesize in November 2011.

Courtesy telephone interview was set up through email exchange. Resume and cover letter sent to recruiter after phone interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lifesize in August 2011.

The recruiters at Lifesize are pretty good about making first contact and reaching out to you immediately if they feel you're a good fit based on your resume, experience, cover letter, etc. The first call is fairly informal and like most new interview processes this call is very short and sweet.

After this point, you'll be asked to come in and have a short conversation with one of the hiring managers or some other higher level employee there. This is still a relatively short 30 minute face to face where you discuss your experience and they tell you a little about the role and the company.

The final step is by far the most difficult. You'll be there for upwards of 3 hours interviewing with 3 to 4 different people ranging from peers, to whoever will be your manager. Everybody takes a different approach on their role as the 'interviewer'; some will be easy-going and relaxed while others will drill you with whatever questions they come up with.

Many of the questions revolve around your work ethic and values. They don't necessarily care too much about your technological knowledge of the product since video conferencing is fairly new to a lot of people.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a new territory and you're required to grow it with a new Channel Partners, what would be your strategy   Answer Question
    There's usually no room for negotiations.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lifesize in May 2011.

Did a phone interview with one of lifesize engineers, the interview went well. The on-site interview was setup, was interviewed by a 4 engineers and the manager. Most of the questions were C/C++ questions OS questions. Got a reply from the recruiter that I wasn't selected for the position. They never paid for the incidental expense for the the on-site interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lifesize.

They first have one telephonic interview which which will taken by a principal engineer. If are selected for this then you will be called for F2F, which is conducted on a single day and will have 4-5 rounds. Each round will be taken by one person. Questions depends on the team you are being interviewed. However, expect more of the basics of DS and networking rather than very advanced/complex algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions will come from multi-threading so study thoroughly. Designing test cases for Lift or Fan is also one regular question.   Answer Question
    It really depends on how badly they need the position to be filled. However, negotiations are always a possibility.

Senior Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lifesize in June 2011.

Following were asked in the telepone interview:
    1) Network connectivity between 2 PCs with Public IP
    2) How is NAT useful?

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lifesize in April 2011.

The interview process was long, almost never ending, but the team was courteous. The interviewers asked practical relevant questions, and listened to what I said. They wanted someone who knew the answers from the book but used his/ her mind before acting.

Interview Questions
    • What retention strategy would you recommend?   View Answer
    No negotiations. It's a policy.

Marketing Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lifesize in January 2011.

The phone interview was quite short and very straight to the point, though the recruiter was friendly and non-intimidating. General questions like: what do you know about the company, some questions referenceing your resume, etc... For this position, the hiring manager requested a portfolio, and they followed up with me a few days later.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lifesize in January 2011.

There were multiple rounds of interviews, however the offer was not made.

Sales Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lifesize in February 2010.

Spoke to 6 people in total from the person who would be my direct boss, senior sales management, potential colleagues, managers from other sales divisions and HR. Interview process was pretty rigorous.

They did their best to put the pressure on, particularly the managers of other divisions. Seemed to want to ask questions that had multiple possible answers and wanted to see how I coped with it. People were very friendly and HR did a good job of keeping me informed of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the worst disaster in your career and what you learnt from it?   Answer Question
    • There's many people with your experience, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    Wasn't really much negotiation. They stated their position, it was pretty much take it or leave it.