Liggett Vector Brands

Relevance Date Difficulty

CSM Interview

CSM
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Liggett Vector Brands in July 2012.

Interview Details – Online Resume submission. Phone Screen. One on one- Manager was not that well versed in the tobacco industry and seemed to be unfamiliar with behavioral questions. Very general questions were asked during the interview process.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cigarette Sales Interview

Cigarette Sales
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liggett Vector Brands in July 2012.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to the companies website. Received a call approximately 2 weeks later and set up an interview to speak with the division manager of Liggett. Interview was interesting at best. The division manager was very hard to understand as he spoke with some kind of lisp and weird northeast accent. He dropped a couple of bad words as well, I think. The position they wanted to fill was more of a merchandiser type position. Kind of ticked they advertised it as a sales job. Told the division manager I wasn't interested in pursuing the job. I had never come across this company or it's brand of cigarette, if this guy is the 'face' of the company I can see why.

Interview Question – Did I have an issue selling cigarettes? After meeting with the surly gentleman, I did.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was very frustrated to have driven a good distance for this interview to only find out that you are really merchandising cigarette packs, there is no sales to this.

Worked for Liggett Vector Brands? Contribute to the Community!