Lighting Science Group Interview Questions

3.1

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Satellite Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lighting Science Group (Satellite Beach, FL).

Interview

I emailed my resume to the HR department. Someone from the HR department called me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a standard HR phone interview to weed out the obviously unqualified candidates. I was invited to come in for an onsite interview two weeks later. The interview process began with a meeting with the HR Director, from there I interviewed with the quality manager, next I interviewed with the actual hiring manager, who also gave me a tour of the facility, the interview concluded with the HR Director.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was related to a piece of old equipment I had never seen. I had to say I would have to review the equipment manual.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Satellite Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lighting Science Group (Satellite Beach, FL).

Interview

Was interviewed thoroughly over the phone by recruiter who helped me prepare for manager interview. Interviewed with manager and director of department, as well as two employees in the department. I was not hired for the initial position, but was called two weeks later for another opening.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, - most was casual questions about my experience and how I thought it would relate to this open position. One interviewer asked behavioral type questions, "tell me a situation when..." .   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Satellite Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lighting Science Group (Satellite Beach, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Very unorganized, receptionist was not aware of any interviews occurring, waited a very long time to see the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• no difficult or unexpected questions. Hiring manager was in position for one day when he conducted interviews   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Satellite Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lighting Science Group (Satellite Beach, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I visited with a HR rep initially, and than with a couple of hiring managers for different departments, I spent about 2 1/2 hours interviewing, which landed me the job.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Satellite Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lighting Science Group (Satellite Beach, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was hired during a hiring blitz, so it was very fast. I emailed my resume on a Monday, had a phone interview on that Wednesday, and in-plant interview on Thursday, and an offer that Friday. Normally it wouldn't be that quick. No one called my references.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview was quick, and no one seemed to have the time to dig very deep. (I have been pushed plenty hard since I got hired though and have made it through 3 layoffs.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told the in-house recruiter how much I had made as a contractor at GE, and he said he would try to match it with salary and benefits. I didn't tell him this but I had been out of work for 2 years and would have taken anything. I might have been able to get more, but I am satisfied. I had gone on a few interviews during the time I was out of work, and I didn't even get a call back, so I was grateful for the job.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Satellite Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lighting Science Group (Satellite Beach, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Job description was vague but company potential was clearly communicated. Company is going thru major growing pains. During interview perception was staff was pleasant, but after 3-4 month of employment, management staff changed and new management hired past co-workers to fill positions. Excellent place to work for short term periods.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Original offer was disappointing but was able to negotiate reasonable salary.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lighting Science Group in October 2009.

Interview

Met the HR director and had an interview after which i got a tour of the plant. Great company to work for a self starter. Lots of visibility to upper management. Salary is competitive based on your experience . If you want to make a difference in a company that continuously innovates and has potential to be a market leader this is the place.