Lighting Science Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Satellite Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Lighting Science Group.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume to the HR department. Someone from the HR department called me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a standard HR phone interview to weed out the obviously unqualified candidates. I was invited to come in for an onsite interview two weeks later. The interview process began with a meeting with the HR Director, from there I interviewed with the quality manager, next I interviewed with the actual hiring manager, who also gave me a tour of the facility, the interview concluded with the HR Director.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was related to a piece of old equipment I had never seen. I had to say I would have to review the equipment manual.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Satellite Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lighting Science Group.

Interview Details – Was interviewed thoroughly over the phone by recruiter who helped me prepare for manager interview. Interviewed with manager and director of department, as well as two employees in the department. I was not hired for the initial position, but was called two weeks later for another opening.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, - most was casual questions about my experience and how I thought it would relate to this open position. One interviewer asked behavioral type questions, "tell me a situation when..." .   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Planner
Satellite Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lighting Science Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very unorganized, receptionist was not aware of any interviews occurring, waited a very long time to see the hiring manager.

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions. Hiring manager was in position for one day when he conducted interviews   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Satellite Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lighting Science Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired during a hiring blitz, so it was very fast. I emailed my resume on a Monday, had a phone interview on that Wednesday, and in-plant interview on Thursday, and an offer that Friday. Normally it wouldn't be that quick. No one called my references.

Interview Question – None. The interview was quick, and no one seemed to have the time to dig very deep. (I have been pushed plenty hard since I got hired though and have made it through 3 layoffs.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told the in-house recruiter how much I had made as a contractor at GE, and he said he would try to match it with salary and benefits. I didn't tell him this but I had been out of work for 2 years and would have taken anything. I might have been able to get more, but I am satisfied. I had gone on a few interviews during the time I was out of work, and I didn't even get a call back, so I was grateful for the job.

Very Difficult Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Satellite Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lighting Science Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – I visited with a HR rep initially, and than with a couple of hiring managers for different departments, I spent about 2 1/2 hours interviewing, which landed me the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to show leadership?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Satellite Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lighting Science Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Job description was vague but company potential was clearly communicated. Company is going thru major growing pains. During interview perception was staff was pleasant, but after 3-4 month of employment, management staff changed and new management hired past co-workers to fill positions. Excellent place to work for short term periods.

Interview Question – Would I be available to work long hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Original offer was disappointing but was able to negotiate reasonable salary.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Lighting Science Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Met the HR director and had an interview after which i got a tour of the plant. Great company to work for a self starter. Lots of visibility to upper management. Salary is competitive based on your experience . If you want to make a difference in a company that continuously innovates and has potential to be a market leader this is the place.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your current job   Answer Question

Worked for Lighting Science Group? Contribute to the Community!