Lightpath Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lightpath

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lightpath (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a contract recruiter for Optimum Lightpath recently. I submitted a cover letter and a resume for the position. The recruiter called me, we discussed the opportunity and then he asked me to submit a summary of my work history. After submitting the summary of my work history, the recruiter then e-mailed me to advise me that the hiring manager was going to reach out to an internal contact at one of my former employers.

Upon getting that e-mail, I immediately replied and called his screening tactics along with those of Optimum Lightpath's screening tactics into question. I told that recruiter what both he and Optimum were doing is illegal and highly unethical. I withdrew my candidacy from consideration immediately, and told him both he and Optimum Lightpath are not ones I would work.

Avoid their contract recruiter and this company at all costs!

Interview Questions

• What did your W-2 show for your position at that company?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lightpath (Jericho, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The HR Manager contacted me about the job. He interviewed me over the phone. Asked me to come over for 1:1 interview with him and the hiring manager. They seem to be pretty good people. They called me a few hours later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic things you should know if you are a telecom engineer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate cause i would rather let me work do the negotiation for me. They pay is not paid and there is room for growth. Just know what your resume says you can do. They are very smart people there.