Lightpath

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lightpath in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a contract recruiter for Optimum Lightpath recently. I submitted a cover letter and a resume for the position. The recruiter called me, we discussed the opportunity and then he asked me to submit a summary of my work history. After submitting the summary of my work history, the recruiter then e-mailed me to advise me that the hiring manager was going to reach out to an internal contact at one of my former employers.

Upon getting that e-mail, I immediately replied and called his screening tactics along with those of Optimum Lightpath's screening tactics into question. I told that recruiter what both he and Optimum were doing is illegal and highly unethical. I withdrew my candidacy from consideration immediately, and told him both he and Optimum Lightpath are not ones I would work.

Avoid their contract recruiter and this company at all costs!

Interview Question – What did your W-2 show for your position at that company?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Jericho, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lightpath in October 2011.

Interview Details – The HR Manager contacted me about the job. He interviewed me over the phone. Asked me to come over for 1:1 interview with him and the hiring manager. They seem to be pretty good people. They called me a few hours later to offer me the job.

Interview Question – They asked basic things you should know if you are a telecom engineer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate cause i would rather let me work do the negotiation for me. They pay is not paid and there is room for growth. Just know what your resume says you can do. They are very smart people there.

Worked for Lightpath? Contribute to the Community!