Lilly Pulitzer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.1

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

Very quick and efficient. I walked into the store to ask if they were hiring and they interviewed me on the spot. Both the store manager and the assistant manager spoke with me. The next day I was offered the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

I was contacted via email to come in and interview after I had submitted my application a month before hand. I spoke with two assistant managers who asked me different questions related to past work experience and why I wanted to work at Lilly. They were so welcoming and friendly!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

Very long but easy questions were asked in the interviews. Lots of time in between interviews yet all worked out in the end. Not many hard questions, just alot about your experience and yourself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

The interview process at Lilly was extremely unorganized, as many other users have stated. I met with the hiring manager who was frazzled, and left me waiting for a half hour before sitting down with me. She seemed interested.

Interview Questions

• Just general interview questions. Check out their blog for interview tips.   Answer Question

Director of Retail Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

Several interviews over a few weeks. Meet with HR first then if called back, return to interview with relevant parties over several days. They like to interview at their HQ in PA.

Interview Questions

All female, cliquey culture. Inexperienced leadership. Salary not competitive.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

Basic resume drop via college online recruiting. Notified a week later about interviewing on campus. Very basic behavioral questions. Make sure you can sell your answer to "Why Lilly" because it really comes down to fit and whether the interviewers like you or not. I'm guessing every candidate's appearance plays a role in the process since their interns are also "brand ambassadors." Interviewers were dressed very casual/underdressed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

Met on campus for an interview and was asked basic questions about the brand and why I wanted to work there. Thought the interview went well and never heard back either way and I was only one of about 7 interviewing that day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

Were very responsive at first, but after initial interview were distant. Was called back to shadow for a day in the department I interviewed for but then never heard back after many follow up emails and calls.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. It was an easy interview in a good environment.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer (Greenwich, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Very open and on a whim. Be sure to apply online first. I think following up in person with a specified cover letter really made a difference as well as being able to do an "elevator introduction" to the manager. Ability to do this in an unaggressive way took me from being considered to them taking me for an interview on the spot. Be sure like any company to know its roots. Familiarity with the brand is an obvious plus but a passion for its roots and lifestyle is a bonus.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Interview

Very poorly organized. Interviewed through my university. Was a 1 on 1 interview with a marketing representative because it was one of the summer internship positions. It happened to be an area I was interested in, but some other interviewees were interested in other areas. Marketing rep was very receptive during the interview, indicated that I would hear back in the upcoming week, but never followed through. No one replied to my thank you or my follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about personal experience and interests, qs about your interest in the fashion industry, and some about what you like about Lilly.   Answer Question