Lilly Pulitzer

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.1

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Very poorly organized. Interviewed through my university. Was a 1 on 1 interview with a marketing representative because it was one of the summer internship positions. It happened to be an area I was interested in, but some other interviewees were interested in other areas. Marketing rep was very receptive during the interview, indicated that I would hear back in the upcoming week, but never followed through. No one replied to my thank you or my follow-up email.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about personal experience and interests, qs about your interest in the fashion industry, and some about what you like about Lilly.   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer in August 2013.

I was on Linkedin one day, and I saw a posting for a Service Desk Analyst position at Lilly Pulitzer. After hearing about how much my cousins loved their products and how it was close by, I thought I would apply to the position. About a month later, I got an email back from one of their recruiters saying they would like to set up a "20-30 minute phone conversation" with me. After several emails back and forth, we set up a phone "conversation" for 2:30 pm that Thursday.

The time struck 2:30 on Thursday, and still no call. I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and wait an hour in case something unexpected came up on their end. 3:30 came around and still no call. I sent the recruiter an email to ask if everything was okay and wondering why she did not call. The last time a company did not call me for a scheduled phone interview and ignored my inquisitions, they sent a standardized follow-up email saying they hired internally. A week later, I saw the Service Desk Analyst position reposted on Linkedin, so I sent another email to the recruiter asking if the position was still open because I still had not heard back from her in regards to the phone "conversation" and my last email. It is heading on two weeks now and I still have not heard back from her.

Selling Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer.

Soon after I applied I received a call for an interview. I met with the store manager and it was a great interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. I guess if you are a Lilly Lover, the interview is a bit easier than if you weren't familiar with the brand.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiation process for part-time retail, however the store manager was very accommodating with my schedule.

Sales Interview

Simple. Direct. One interview.

N/A

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lilly Pulitzer in January 2013.

Had an interview on campus with 3 Lilly Pulitzer representatives who were traveling all over the East Coast recruiting at colleges. At the interview, I was told that they would also be hosting an event at the local Lilly Pulitzer store for 2 hours that evening, so I went to that as well. I thought I did really well in the interview, but I never heard back from them. None of my friends that interviewed with them ever heard back either.

Interview Questions
    • - Tell us about yourself.
      - Why Lilly?
      - If you could have your dream job at Lilly, what area would it be in? Why?
      - What is one change that you would recommend to Lilly's Facebook page?
      - What do you think about Lilly as a brand?

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer in July 2012.

The interview process was disorganized. I applied online, then networked to follow up on the application, and received an email from HR stating they'd like to interview the following week. I replied with my availability, as requested, then did not hear back until two weeks later. I replied again, and was told on a Wednesday that I would come in "that Monday," and they'd let me know by Friday what time. No word, no contact, then Friday at 5pm I still didn't have a response for my Monday interview time despite an email and voicemail to my HR contact. I finally received an email Saturday morning for my Monday morning interview.

I arrive for the interview, and met with an HR director who was unprepared and late. I applied for a specific position, but she didn't have any information on that department when I asked, and said she wasn't sure what their needs were. We discussed normal interview information (education, work history, goals) and discussed the culture of the company. There were no difficult questions, but many questions about brand identity (which is to be expected). I was told at the end of the interview that I would hear from her within two weeks regarding next steps.

Two weeks passed, and I followed up with no response. Another week passed, and I followed up with no response. I received a form rejection email with typos in it four weeks after the interview. I sent a very gracious thank-you email, and received no response.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer in April 2012.

Very easy interview, but didn't take too long. Asked very general questions like: Why did you pick your school, what other schools did you apply to, why did you pick your major, how would other people describe you, what's your earliest memory of the brand, what did you like about your position at X, why do you see yourself working in the X department, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like Philadelphia or do you prefer a bigger city like New York?   View Answer
    Very pleasant!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer in June 2009.

I went in and applied in person at the KOP location in 2009. They set up an interview with me via email for a few days later. The (I'm assuming) manager and I left the store and went to sit outside a coffee shop (didn't buy coffee, just sat in the court area around it) to talk. She asked me about my education and what I liked to do, why I was looking for a job, why I chose Lilly. She said she would call me within a week, and no one ever contacted me. I find that ridiculously unprofessional. But there was nothing surprising in the interview that I can remember.

...honestly, I think they didn't hire me because I wasn't stick thin. I've got a pretty face, but they want women who are basically catalogue models.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer in July 2008.

VP flew in to meet with me in person. Had wonderful conversation and interview. She was able to answer all my questions. Received offer before the week was up.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lilly Pulitzer in May 2012.

I was supposed to meet with three managers but only interviewed with one because the others were busy. We talked about my resume, Why Lilly, and my goals. She was really friendly but seemed distracted.