Limelight Networks

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Video Delivery Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Limelight Networks in October 2013.

Interview Details – Location was in downtown Seattle. The office was a mix of cubes and desks in open space without cubes. My feeling after being in their office was that it was disorganized and messy. Some of the interviewers were nice, others seemed like they were distracted as though having to interview me was a big chore and a waste of their oh-so precious time.

Interview Question – Phone interview: given a black and white image that is stored as a Quad tree, find the value of a pixel. On site questions: Given a buffer of text, copy the buffer while inserting new lines at some regular interval. Design a airport parking lot that is all valet parking. Given a word, find all it's anagrams (use a hashtable and then a distributed hash table to scale up to multiple servers). Given a sorted but rotated list of integers, find an element (modified binary search).   View Answer

Tier IV Support Engineer Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Limelight Networks in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews took forever. Five weeks, I did five phone interviews between peer and superior. One in person, then finally a VP webex interview, and by the time he interviewed me, he admitted that they had taken way too long. I found out after the fact that they were taking so long because I wanted a salary that, while in line with most industry standards, was at the absolute max of their range, and they had a director demand they hire me to fill the void.

Interview Question – Nothing was terribly difficult. Every question related to either web development language or soft skills such as phone/email interaction, customer handling, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A lot of back and forth of them saying they couldn't meet my number, then finally capitulating.

Manager Professional Services Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Limelight Networks in June 2012.

Interview Details – The HR team is very nice and pleasant. Very helpful and keep updated ASAP for next steps.

Interview Question – Can I see my self working for Lime light for a long time which is a,company that is so disorganised. There is no formal onbording process, and no documentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very long and getting COO approval took a while.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Limelight Networks in September 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR from applying on company website. The typicaly HR screen 30 min, 1 on 1 manager asked sales questions and background, understand the business they are in. Moved onto the VP which this where it went bad. The VP seemed cold and was 20 min late to my interview. He asked me quesitons that did not even apply to the job. See below. In the end I did not get the interview. However I heard that they pay well but they do not fill jobs very fast. HR person left the company 2 months later I found out because the VP always declines interviewers.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Limelight Networks in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from recruiter. Had an 1 hour technical phone interview afterwards. The interview went well and had an onsite interview.. The most unlikely thing about the process is that the recruiter asked me to come for in person interview the very next day

Interview Question – Design a parking lot.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Limelight Networks in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was very pleased with the interview/on-boarding process at Limelight. At the time I pursued a position with the company, I was being recruited & interviewed by 3 other organizations. But, none of them stacked up to Limelight in terms of friendliness, responsiveness, and openness. The interview was 4 steps: (1) phone screen with recruiter, (2) phone interview with hiring manager, (3) phone interview with another Director in the department, and (4) four-hour on-site interview with a series of individuals (management to Sr. level). They thoroughly answered all of my questions and were clearly invested in attracting and retaining top talent. The staff I spoke with was totally transparent, which isn't always common in the interview proces. I can say confidently that all of my questions were answered. Finally, as a marketer, you need to understand the strategic framework behind the company your'e working for - which I felt I did after all of the discussions that were held. They told me exactly what the goals were for the position, and how they would be measured. So far it's been an exceptionally positive experience. Glad I joined.

Interview Question – The questions were standard and they were mostly interested in knowing how my background matched up with their needs, why I was leaving my current job, etc. Felt more like a peer-to-peer conversation than a grilling session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was competitive and I did not feel the need to negotiate as I have in other offer situations. Benefits are great, culture is excellent. I had my family's legal counsel (including an employment expert), accountant, and a former CEO review the offer documents and public financials of the company. They did not find any red flags or major issues.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Limelight Networks.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter that worked under contract for the company. 5 total interviews, including 2 phone interviews before being offered a position.

Negotiation Details – There was literally NO negotiation, or leeway for it.

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Tempe, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Limelight Networks in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process is lengthy--figure on 3 to 5 interviews depending on experience. Do some research on Limelight and its competitors, and know the expectations/requirements of the position you've applied for so you can focus your answers on how you can benefit the company in reaching its goals. Be clear on what you bring to the table and why the company should hire you. Have plenty of examples in your pocket from your past positions regarding farming your accounts, hunting for new business, and situations where you overcame adversity to save a customer.

Interview Question – How many marbles will fit into a school bus?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Normal negotiations. The company doesn't budge too much. Either you accept what is offered, or find another employer.

Billing Coordinator Interview

Billing Coordinator
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Limelight Networks in June 2012.

Interview Details – I received a telephone interview first, the receiving follow up telephone calls to verify information. When I finally convinced them to interview me in person I met with two individuals. It was a back and forth exchange as I answered their questions and they answered mine. It was very relaxed.

Interview Question – You are overqualified, why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was minimal as there are a lot of extra benefits added which other companies do not offer - like paid medical, meals (full deli with great food) and more.

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Limelight Networks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Strong process and met with multiple folks in the organization. Overall went well and really enjoyedthe process.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Limelight Networks

Worked for Limelight Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Limelight Networks interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Limelight Networks employees and interview candidates.