LinQuest Interview Questions

2.7

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LinQuest.

I interviewed one-on-one with three different employees. One was a technical interviewer. One was a VP. One was an HR contact. All three people were very pleasant and professional and made me feel welcomed. They asked very basic questions (nothing tricky or trying to test my technical knowledge) about my work background and my expectations and gave me good feedback that I would be hearing from them soon.

Associate Interview

Phone interview first if you are not in LA. Only basic questions been asked, such as what is your strength, weakness.

Finance Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LinQuest.

Initial phone interview. Was invited back for a second interview at their office. I met with 4 different individuals, ranging from another associate to the CFO. They were really nice and the questions were conversational. They wanted to make sure if you you fit with their company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your idol, why LinQuest, tell me about your major.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LinQuest in April 2011.

Contacted a friend that said there was an opening. I was scheduled for 3 one on one interviews that lasted about a half hour each. I left and then got a call to come back for a second interview with program management for the program I was interviewing for. This was a panel interview with 4 people and myself. A lot of general questions but one person was asking behavioral interview questions.
    A week or two after that is when the offer came. Before the offer, though, I was called several times to discuss my salary requirements.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difference of opinion with someone you worked with?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about getting people to move forward with your plan?   Answer Question
    I negotiated $150K which was lower than the $172K of my previous job but times are tough now and I was told that any higher than that and the program wouldn't take me. I was able to negotiate though to get on the executive bonus plan at 6% salary as compensation to make up for the reduced pay. I also got 4 weeks of PTO to start.