Lincoln Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Operations Trainee Interview

Engineering Operations Trainee
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was on-campus and they ask basic interview questions.
My second interview was at Cleveland, OH, and I interviewed with 6 people, 30 minutes each, for a total of 3 hours. They had an itinerary for the entire trip to Cleveland. The first day was all about Lincoln Electric, and the second day was the actual interview. The interviews were really trying to see if you are a good fit for the company, no behavioral questions.

Interview Question – I've prepared a long time for this interview so nothing really caught me by surprise. They did ask questions like, "Why Lincoln Electric?" and "Why do you think you are a good fit?".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me to set up an appointment to talk about the details of the offer.

Engineering Trainee Interview

Engineering Trainee
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very well organized, and consisted of two initial phone screenings followed by a 2-day on site interview at their headquarters in Cleveland, OH. The people were extremely nice and forthcoming about the job, the city, and corporate culture. They run the company a bit differently, from their Guaranteed Employment policy to their incentive-based salary. There was a book written about the company in 2010 called Spark, which I recommend to anyone interested in working for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about some of your recent work experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations possible.

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – Simple interview. Treatment was very good.
First applied via LinkedIn. Then had an IQ test. Then did a Phone Interview. After this was called on for an onsite. Had 5 one on one interviews. Very simple questions. Just centred on my Resume.
Worst part was that they took 2 months to get back after the interview.

Interview Question – Give me a brief description of your projects.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Trainee Interview

Engineering Trainee
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – The Cleveland interview experience was a valuable experience. The company was very hospitable and made sure that we were comfortable. Lincoln displayed a real picture of what the company was all about and didn't seem to hide anything. The people seemed to enjoy what they did, but some were a little snooty. The benefits were less than outstanding, but still, this wouldn't be a bad company to work for.

Interview Question – If you weren't a Mechanical Engineer, what would you have been?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Benefits were mediocre, at best. Salary offered wasn't competitive with other companies I interviewed with. Told them I would be willing to negotiate, but had no response.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lincoln Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincoln Electric interview questions and advice in Cleveland, OH. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lincoln Electric employees and interview candidates.