Lincoln Electric

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

Interview Details – First round interview, then online aptitude test, then flew to Cleveland for final round. Had round robin style interviews with senior sales management, really relaxed and conversational. Tour of the city, tour of their headquarters facility, nice dinner and lunch with current Trainees. Seems like everyone has fun and likes what they do. Great experience.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over the other interviewees in your group if there was only one spot   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Technologist
Euclid, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring goes quick. Have to call and check the status often for HR has a lot to do and little time to do it.

Interview Question – They ask a lot about money and working hard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation phase. Little room to negotiate.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Euclid, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in June 2013.

Interview Details – They got me in quickly, and in front of the CFO quickly. HR is mostly an organized group, although I had to bounce around between a couple of people who didn't appear ready for me. They did a good job of explaining the benefits, the unique bonus structure, and the reason the position was open at the time.

Interview Question – It was mostly a conversation of who I know in the industry.   Answer Question

Engineering Operations Trainee Interview

Engineering Operations Trainee
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was on-campus and they ask basic interview questions.
My second interview was at Cleveland, OH, and I interviewed with 6 people, 30 minutes each, for a total of 3 hours. They had an itinerary for the entire trip to Cleveland. The first day was all about Lincoln Electric, and the second day was the actual interview. The interviews were really trying to see if you are a good fit for the company, no behavioral questions.

Interview Question – I've prepared a long time for this interview so nothing really caught me by surprise. They did ask questions like, "Why Lincoln Electric?" and "Why do you think you are a good fit?".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me to set up an appointment to talk about the details of the offer.

Engineering Trainee Interview

Engineering Trainee
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very well organized, and consisted of two initial phone screenings followed by a 2-day on site interview at their headquarters in Cleveland, OH. The people were extremely nice and forthcoming about the job, the city, and corporate culture. They run the company a bit differently, from their Guaranteed Employment policy to their incentive-based salary. There was a book written about the company in 2010 called Spark, which I recommend to anyone interested in working for the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about some of your recent work experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations possible.

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – Simple interview. Treatment was very good.
First applied via LinkedIn. Then had an IQ test. Then did a Phone Interview. After this was called on for an onsite. Had 5 one on one interviews. Very simple questions. Just centred on my Resume.
Worst part was that they took 2 months to get back after the interview.

Interview Question – Give me a brief description of your projects.   Answer Question

Engineering Trainee Interview

Engineering Trainee
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in January 2012.

Interview Details – The Cleveland interview experience was a valuable experience. The company was very hospitable and made sure that we were comfortable. Lincoln displayed a real picture of what the company was all about and didn't seem to hide anything. The people seemed to enjoy what they did, but some were a little snooty. The benefits were less than outstanding, but still, this wouldn't be a bad company to work for.

Interview Question – If you weren't a Mechanical Engineer, what would you have been?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Benefits were mediocre, at best. Salary offered wasn't competitive with other companies I interviewed with. Told them I would be willing to negotiate, but had no response.

Research & Development Intern Interview

Research & Development Intern
Euclid, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in April 2007.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through a program called SOTC (SUmmer on the Cuyahoga) . I received an offer for a phone interview. The phone interview had a panel setting with a few hiring managers on the phone. The interview was behavioral and also went into my educational background. After the interview I had a few informal converstaions with hiring managers where I was able to ask questions abou the company and the internship program.

Interview Question – If you were working in a neat set-up and found that a tool was missing which was needed to complete a task quickly to meet a deadline, what would you do?

If no replacement tool was found, how would you handle missing the importatnt deadline?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to decide which department that I would work for. Ask questions about the internship to gage whether you would be a good fit for the job description.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lincoln Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – Really basic questions and most of dem were hr related..

Interview Question – interview with the md..   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

Interview Details – Received an interview by talking to the company at the engineering career fair at our school. Was able to schedule an interview, in which it was a 30 minute behavioral questions type interview. The day before the interview, there was an informational session about the company, where questions were answered. The interview was standard.

Interview Question – Do you feel you have accomplished a lot?   Answer Question

Worked for Lincoln Electric? Contribute to the Community!