Lincoln Electric Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.5

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH).

Interview

Got called in for an interview via email. Got the email about 3 days after applying online. The interview turned out to be a mechanical aptitude and math test. These tests were taken on the computer. They gave you like 2 hours. I finished in about 45 minutes. A couple days later I was called back for a one on one interview. I had 2 interviews when I went, one with my future manager and on with HR. About a week later I was called and told that I was going to have to take a tobacco test and a hair drug test. I was a cigarette smoker so they told me they would give me 6 weeks to quit. After 6 weeks I went in and took the tobacco test and hair test. I passed both and got a call 3 days later with a start date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Actually I was interviewed at an engineering professional society convention. I had interviewed initially for the technical sales role but was refereed to the engineering position. After I interviewed and passed that I was brought for an onsite interview. I was brought on with several other candidates. On-site we were interviewed with four different people from the same position we applied for. Also, we talked to people who previously went through the program.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical behavioral question? Also, asked why Sales??? Asked to explain projects on resume.   Answer Question

Engineering Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Day one was a tour of their facilities in Cleveland, OH. This included the main factory where the welders are manufactured, and the automation department. Followed by a tour of the city and a dinner. The next day consisted of four interviews.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lincoln Electric (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a one on one interview at my school's career fair. Very nice gentleman and very straight forward questions. The typical behavioral variety like "name a time when...", "tell me about...". nothing technical related in nature. Overall the company looked very nice and the job description fell in line with what I was looking for. Will definetly give them another try at next year's go around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at Lincoln Electric in October 2014.

Interview

On campus college recruitment. First on campus interview is one-on-one. Haven't been notified of the second and final round yet. Last round is in Cleveland. The questions are the weirdest ones I have heard yet. Almost all are phrased as yes/no answers when most people ask open questions. For instance, would you consider yourself a leader? Do you help people at work? Was there ever a time you had conflict with another employee. Usual ones like tell me about yourself, why us. Interviewer was a little colder than most people I have interviewed with. Not as personable.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Electric (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I got an interview through university campus recruiting, but I was referred by an employee. I was required to attend an information session the day before the interviews which was very informational. The presenter was very friendly and easy to talk to and was the same person that ended up interviewing all the candidates. As I understand, the first interview is followed by an online aptitude test. Then, if I make it past the first round, I will be flown out to the headquarters, in Cleveland, Ohio. As far as the first interview went, the questions were very straightforward and scripted. Questions included, "Are you someone that people look for to complete tasks or decisions."

Interview Questions

• The hardest question that caught me off guard, was when they asked if I was good with conflict resolution and how I deal with conflict.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lincoln Electric in September 2014.

Interview

Quite Extensive. HR screening interview. One hour phone interview. Two hour personality/IQ test. But for Lincoln Electric, that is still not enough to adequately narrow the field for a two-day "final interview" weekend filled with tours, presentations, and six half-hour interviews. The company holds six to eight such weekends to fill an Engineering Trainee class of 15. One of the presenters let slip that only one in every five or six candidates at the final weekend actually receives an offer, which is low relative to other companies. Overall, it seemed like a lot of time and money to spend when a vast majority of people will not be offered.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - Again seemed like they had their selection candidates already in mind and were going through the motions.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied for an internship online and recieved an email 2 week later for an interview. The interview was formal and the questions were asked strictly about the resume. After the interview they said they would contact all applicants shortly after the interview if they were interested in hiring.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handle conflictions with other employees.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

Interview

First round interview, then online aptitude test, then flew to Cleveland for final round. Had round robin style interviews with senior sales management, really relaxed and conversational. Tour of the city, tour of their headquarters facility, nice dinner and lunch with current Trainees. Seems like everyone has fun and likes what they do. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the other interviewees in your group if there was only one spot   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

They got me in quickly, and in front of the CFO quickly. HR is mostly an organized group, although I had to bounce around between a couple of people who didn't appear ready for me. They did a good job of explaining the benefits, the unique bonus structure, and the reason the position was open at the time.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly a conversation of who I know in the industry.   Answer Question