Lincoln Electric Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.4

interviewed at Lincoln Electric in October 2014.

On campus college recruitment. First on campus interview is one-on-one. Haven't been notified of the second and final round yet. Last round is in Cleveland. The questions are the weirdest ones I have heard yet. Almost all are phrased as yes/no answers when most people ask open questions. For instance, would you consider yourself a leader? Do you help people at work? Was there ever a time you had conflict with another employee. Usual ones like tell me about yourself, why us. Interviewer was a little colder than most people I have interviewed with. Not as personable.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Electric in October 2014.

I got an interview through university campus recruiting, but I was referred by an employee. I was required to attend an information session the day before the interviews which was very informational. The presenter was very friendly and easy to talk to and was the same person that ended up interviewing all the candidates.
    As I understand, the first interview is followed by an online aptitude test. Then, if I make it past the first round, I will be flown out to the headquarters, in Cleveland, Ohio.

As far as the first interview went, the questions were very straightforward and scripted. Questions included, "Are you someone that people look for to complete tasks or decisions."

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question that caught me off guard, was when they asked if I was good with conflict resolution and how I deal with conflict.   View Answer

Engineering Trainee Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lincoln Electric in September 2014.

Quite Extensive. HR screening interview. One hour phone interview. Two hour personality/IQ test. But for Lincoln Electric, that is still not enough to adequately narrow the field for a two-day "final interview" weekend filled with tours, presentations, and six half-hour interviews. The company holds six to eight such weekends to fill an Engineering Trainee class of 15. One of the presenters let slip that only one in every five or six candidates at the final weekend actually receives an offer, which is low relative to other companies. Overall, it seemed like a lot of time and money to spend when a vast majority of people will not be offered.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - Again seemed like they had their selection candidates already in mind and were going through the motions.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Applied for an internship online and recieved an email 2 week later for an interview. The interview was formal and the questions were asked strictly about the resume. After the interview they said they would contact all applicants shortly after the interview if they were interested in hiring.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I handle conflictions with other employees.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

First round interview, then online aptitude test, then flew to Cleveland for final round. Had round robin style interviews with senior sales management, really relaxed and conversational. Tour of the city, tour of their headquarters facility, nice dinner and lunch with current Trainees. Seems like everyone has fun and likes what they do. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over the other interviewees in your group if there was only one spot   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lincoln Electric in June 2013.

They got me in quickly, and in front of the CFO quickly. HR is mostly an organized group, although I had to bounce around between a couple of people who didn't appear ready for me. They did a good job of explaining the benefits, the unique bonus structure, and the reason the position was open at the time.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly a conversation of who I know in the industry.   Answer Question

Engineering Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lincoln Electric in November 2012.

My first interview was on-campus and they ask basic interview questions.
    My second interview was at Cleveland, OH, and I interviewed with 6 people, 30 minutes each, for a total of 3 hours. They had an itinerary for the entire trip to Cleveland. The first day was all about Lincoln Electric, and the second day was the actual interview. The interviews were really trying to see if you are a good fit for the company, no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I've prepared a long time for this interview so nothing really caught me by surprise. They did ask questions like, "Why Lincoln Electric?" and "Why do you think you are a good fit?".   Answer Question
    They called me to set up an appointment to talk about the details of the offer.

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lincoln Electric in November 2012.

Several one on one interviews and different group interviews with various team members, who asked a mix of behavioral questions, questions about past experience, and about what I was looking for in a job with Lincoln. Overall the interview was fairly pleasant and I felt respected and fairly treated throughout.

Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Electric in March 2012.

The interview process was very well organized, and consisted of two initial phone screenings followed by a 2-day on site interview at their headquarters in Cleveland, OH. The people were extremely nice and forthcoming about the job, the city, and corporate culture. They run the company a bit differently, from their Guaranteed Employment policy to their incentive-based salary. There was a book written about the company in 2010 called Spark, which I recommend to anyone interested in working for the company.

No negotiations possible.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lincoln Electric in January 2012.

Simple interview. Treatment was very good.
    First applied via LinkedIn. Then had an IQ test. Then did a Phone Interview. After this was called on for an onsite. Had 5 one on one interviews. Very simple questions. Just centred on my Resume.
    Worst part was that they took 2 months to get back after the interview.