Lincoln Financial Group

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

Summer Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a week later asking me to do a phone screen. Relatively straightforward, then proceeded to have another phone call for a more specific role. Overall, the process was pretty easy and nothing was too out of the ordinary. You speak with HR mainly.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group.

Received an email from a recruiter that they may be interested. I handed the recruiters my resume at the career fair. Was contacted the day after to schedule an interview. Interview was on-campus a few days after applying. The interview was pretty laid back and asked basic questions off your resume.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group.

I handed in my resume at a career fair help by my university, and also applied online to be safe. I received notice of the interview about two or so weeks later. I went in on interview day (the interview was held on-campus) and met with two employees still taking exams. They were very warm and caring and were interested in what I had to say. I was impressed by the company and it was a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. A lot were focused on working on a team, demonstrating leadership, expanding on my resume, and time management.   Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate, they were very fair with their hourly rate.

Securities Services Consultant-Financial Advisers Service Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group in October 2014.

Recruiter calls to determine position & salary eligibility. Recruiter asked general questions pertaining to the position you applied, such as explain your customer service experience, what you liked most and least about your position, how do you handle difficult situations. You are asked questions to gauge how you have performed in your position that makes you an ideal candidate for the current position. You are then sent for an in office interview.

Interview Questions
    • The in office interview questions seemed to come straight from the 'most common interview questions handbook' such as 'what do you know about the company' 'tell me about yourself' what are your weaknesses' 'how do you handle a busy day' etc.... But the question 'what best practices have you initiated caught me by surprise' as I had not created a formal best practice in my past position.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lincoln Financial Group.

First an over the phone interview with HR. Was called back for another interview, had the option to meet in person or over the phone. I chose in person. Interviewer asked me history of projects and experiences with some technologies and languages. There were no technical questions asked. No questions about data structures or any concepts. It was purely my history and experience in programming.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about my history of projects and languages. Asked if I had any personal projects and I had none.   Answer Question

I declined because I had to pursue summer classes to stay on time for graduation

Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lincoln Financial Group in September 2014.

First round, on campus interview. They ask all behavior questions from your resume. For international students, their first question is do you need sponsorship now or in the future. Then questions about your resume. It lasts half an hour.

Marketing Resource Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group.

This was a very long process - I applied online on June 6, got an email from a recruiter on June 10. I had a phone interview with her, then in July I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and a project manager from the Radnor location. Towards the end of July, I went for an in-person interview at the Radnor location where I met with two other people. In the beginning of August, I then met with the CMO at the Radnor location. After my fourth interview, I never heard from them. If it was not for me emailing the HR recruiter asking for status updates on the job, I do not believe they would have ever gotten back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward - Why do you want to leave your position, why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Executive Assistante Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group.

My interview process consisted of three steps. First step was an email set of questions. Second step was a phone interview with a panel of 3 people. The three person panel was challenging - talking to 3 different individuals with completely different personalities - over the phone. The third step was an in person panel interview with a total of 4 people. It was exhaustive, and lasted 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How many automobile tires are recycled each year in New Jersey? Not kidding.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the starting date and a signing bonus. Clean credit is essential to get a position here.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group.

Initial communication was via email and then a phone interview with the team/project manager. The next step was an onsite face to face interview with a team leader and a Sr. Applications Developer. The location is great and the people and culture have etiquette.

Interview Questions
    • CTI telephony questions about CRM integration with a CTI SoftPhone.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate working from home when necessary and training.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Lincoln Financial Group in July 2014.

First interview was a phone interview. Very easy going. At the end of the interview, we set up a time to meet face to face with branch manager. The following week I meet with the branch manager. The interview focused a great deal on informing me about the Financial Advisor role and working under the Lincoln Financial Group umbrella. Standard interview questions such as why are you interested in Lincoln Financial and tell me about your background. Pretty straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you want to be a Financial Advisor at Lincoln?   Answer Question