Lincoln Financial Group Leadership Preparation Program Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group in November 2013.

I had an on-campus interview first, and then a final round at the company headquarters in Radnor. The people that I met (who were more communications- and marketing-oriented) were super sweet, but I heard that people in the finance-related final rounds were actually quite rude. It didn't feel very structured, and it seemed like all they were looking for at that point was a good fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Lincoln Financial Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group.

I was very impressed by the employees of Lincoln Financial Group that both conducted interviews and helped candidates through the process.

I was recruited through on campus recruiting efforts at my University. My first interview was on campus a couple days after a career fair. After about a week, I was invited to the final round interview event in Philadelphia, PA.

The two day event started with an afternoon check-in and introduction meeting. The first evening there was a networking reception/ dinner. This was an opportunity to meet all of the hiring managers and to network with managers in an effort to be added to their interview schedule if a candidate was not originally scheduled to interview with that manager. The interviews were all day on the second day. All candidates were scheduled to interview for at least two different positions in the program. Positions in the program ranged from financial planner to HR associate, and marketing associate to financial analyst. There was also a leadership interview with a company leader to assess a candidate’s leadership potential and fit for the program. The candidates that had to fly had all morning interviews. Most of the afternoon interviews were for local candidates. There were approximately 60 candidates for 20 positions.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the majority of the interview. The leadership portion was challenging because it was not tied to a specific position.   Answer Question
    The program is a development program. The compensation is standardized across all program participants, thus there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Financial Group in November 2010.

A group from Lincoln Financial came to campus to conduct first round interviews. There was a 30 minute on campus interview and from there they select candidates to attend the final round in Philly. The final round was kind of different. There were 22 specific roles within the program and you interview for each role individually. They set up 3 interviews and you can set up as many more interviews as you want by networking at the dinner/networking event from the night before. If you really want to work for Lincoln, I'd recommend setting up as many interviews as possible for positions that you are interested in and could bring something new to the position. Part of your evaluation is if you set up more interviews. I knew that the company and I weren't going to be a good match pretty quickly after meeting with a few people currently in the program and some of the hiring managers, so I didn't bother setting up more interviews, but I know that most of the people who were genuinely interested in working for Lincoln set up additional interviews and received offers.

One thing to note about the interview is that there are formal questions that each interviewer has but they stray from that pretty quickly. Be prepared to bring your own array of questions.