Lincoln Industries

Updated Oct 6, 2014
Updated Oct 6, 2014

4.0

Intern Interview

Phone interview, in person with HR and then with team. Overall it was a pretty straight forward process. There were not many questions that popped out at you. There was a simple math test to take also. The people were friendly and an overall positive experience.

Learning and Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lincoln Industries in November 2013.

phone interview, then several group interviews before meeting with the senior team. Process was quick and not too intimidating. They didn't probe enough for certain questions, took my word as is

N/A

Safety Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lincoln Industries.

Very lengthy getto know you interview.

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lincoln Industries in March 2012.

Applied for this position, got a call 10 days later requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled within the next few days. Phone interview was quite awkward, there were more questions pertaining to "About Me", "My Ideal workplace", and intrusive questions about why I left former employers for a new job. Very few questions about my former accomplishments, areas of expertise, familiarity with all of the different SAP, ERP, CAD, etc. systems that are in use.

What's wrong with this interview process:
    1. I don't like to go on and on about myself when I'm interviewing for a job. It's just bad etiquette to say "I did this", or "I like this" during an interview. This is usually a mistake that the interviewee makes, not the interviewer.
    2. My ideal workplace? I wouldn't have applied for the job if I hadn't done my research and found the company to be an ideal workplace for me.
    3. Why I moved from one employer from another? Natural progression. We start out, move on to better opportunities, and keep trying to improve ourselves. (That is why I applied for the position).

At the end of the interview, I asked what kind of timeline there was for the position. I was told they were looking to fill the position immediately, and I would hear back from them in regards to the next steps.

I followed up with them after 1 week (They requested I keep them updated as to my interest) to inquire about the status of the interview process.

Did not receive a call back from them, and I feel like I held up my end by letting them know that I was interested.

After I didn't receive a call back, I started thinking about how they run their business. This was about 2 weeks after I tried to contact them.

In my opinion, the person doing the interviewing simply cannot perform the duties required for someone in that position. Good or bad, it would have been nice to hear back from them, as promised.

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lincoln Industries in August 2011.

I applied from a ad they put on the radio then they called to schedule a hour long phone interview, the phone interview was intense and repetitive. I was told on the phone that they want me to come in as soon as possible and get an interview. The interview was 3 managers from parallel departments. I got a phone call within a week letting me know I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you went above and beyond your job.   View Answer
    I did no negotiating.