Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lutherville Timonium, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Interview Details – There was a group of 4 of us interviewing. A presenter gave a power point and went over the company, policies, etc. We were given a spelling test, asked to learn and demonstrate a couple of the center's techniques, and were individually interviewed. It was obvious that the presenter/interviewer had been through this a bunch -- very scripted.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a vase of wilting flowers in the waiting room?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Schedule was inflexible.

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was unconventional, but then again, this is not a job for everybody. You go in for a brief presentation about the company, and then you take a spelling test. The words are a mix of real words (they start with easy words like "brief" and then gradually increase in difficulty, with words like "pusillanimous") and a few nonsense words (i.e. words that don't exist but can be spelled phonetically, like "instructorious"). Next, you take a 30-minute logic exam, which is mainly reading a few passages and arguments to draw conclusions and reason. This process seems crazy at first, and it's difficult (of all the people who went for the screening with me, I was the only one who passed), but it's done for a reason. You will be helping the students with spelling and reading, and the tests are trying to measure your competency in those areas.

After the test, there is a short interview with the center manager, where they ask some straightforward questions ("Why do you want this position?" "What are 3 strengths/weaknesses?") and then some odd ones ("What would you do if you saw dead flowers on the table?" "What would you do if you saw a strange man in the lobby?"). Just use common sense!

Interview Question – How would you introduce yourself to a child?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They told me they were in dire need of tutors and that if I had any vacations planned, I should cancel them or decline the job.

Del Mar, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in May 2014.

Interview Details – We took a spelling test in which we were asked to spell some rather uncommon/unusual words, then a reading comp test that felt like an IQ test. Finally we were asked some strange interview questions (along with a few standard q's), such as what we would do if we saw a rotting flower at the front desk, a strange person in the office, etc. Just use common sense. The questions are designed to test how courteous you are (they even told us that when we were hired). Say that you would put away the flower, that you would ask the strange person if they would need any help finding anything, etc.

Interview Question – "Name 3 things about yourself that you could improve." Funny how the most cliche and standard of all the interview questions they gave me was the one that caused me the most difficulty. I could only provide 2, but I still got the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Clinician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Interview Details – I applied for this job online while searching for various kinds of education and childcare related summer work positions. I was contacted three or four days later and asked to come to a "screening." This is a long (3 hrs) and segmented group interview process that includes a summary presentation about the company and pedagogical methods, a L-B spelling test that relates to their curriculum (including nonsense words that test your phonological and symbolic processing capabilities), the Watson-Glaser critical thinking appraisal test, individual one-on-one interviews, and a workshop/demo experience in which applicants will role play as teacher/student pairs using selected activities from the curriculum.

The whole experience was mediated by a classy atmosphere. water was served from wine glasses, there was an austere environment that showed attention to detail and luxurious taste, and the staff dressed well. At first the main interviewer really put on the smiles for us while talking about the company, but it became clear that she really was interested in the work they do. I got this sense from the assistant interviewer as well. (Both of these readings were confirmed after getting the job.)

Generally speaking, the staff seemed like a brainy and straight-ahead group with a mix of "type A" and "type B" personalities. It takes at least one or the other if not both to be able perform and assess language games with young students all day. There was definitely a sense of humor present after getting the job that wasn't on display in the interview.

Interview Question – all the questions have been covered by this board. i would have been caught off guard by the dead flowers question myself had i not studied ahead. the answer of course is throw them away! appearances are very important to this company, which makes sense when you consider the visual aspects of the theory they work with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Los Gatos, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in June 2014.

Interview Details – They give you a presentation about the way they do things and then you take a spelling and logic test. They then have you roleplay as a clinician and some other poor interviewee as a child. They monitor your interaction. I have a child and I am great with children but overall the roleplaying scenario as a way to determine your ability to interact with children, when you are interacting with some awkward Theatre Major instead of a kid, is pretty ridiculous.

They then have one on one interviews and ask you what you would do if a stranger walked in and if their were dead flowers on the counter, what would you do? They then told me they would contact me in a couple days. I didn't hear anything for a month, even after contacting them numerous times. They then sent me an email asking me to come to another clinician screening. They then acted like I was some type of freak for showing up so I could determine what had happened to my application. Unprofessional would describe their overall response, communication or lack thereof.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw dead flowers in the office?   View Answer

Clinician

I applied online and interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Interview Details – They do the whole interview process in one shot. It is about 3 hours long and extremely intimidating considering most people are just applying for a summer job at $13 an hour. There's a powerpoint presentation about the company, a spelling test, a critical thinking test, you practice the programs, and then interview one-on-one with the center director.

Interview Question – They ask for 3 of your biggest strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in May 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email saying LB was interested in my resume. Respond, and office manager asks me to come in. As usual, prepped on Glassdoor. Arrive at office, fill out application, gather in a classroom for a mini-lecture and training from the manager. Moderately difficult logic test, followed by a spelling test with real words and nonsense words. Manager gives brief overview of the company, then explains their learning methods. Role play with other applicants a tutoring technique. All the job details were described, finally ending with a very brief, no pressure "interview." The next day, I was called and offered the position.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a stranger walking around the premises?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Given my experience, $15.00/hour was not enough.

Clinician

I applied online and interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Interview Details – Process took about a week. Sent in my resume via email, got a call back the next day about coming in for an interview. Got an offer two days after my interview. You will go in to review the programs they offer, take a short spelling and critical reading test. They are very straight forward - they're probably just checking to see that you yourself don't have any learning disabilities.

Interview Question – If you see something on the floor what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me hours are variable, may not be able to continue past the summer.

Clinician (Tutor) Interview

Clinician (Tutor)
Berkeley, CA

Interview Details – The interview included an info session and testing with a group of fellow applicants on the same day. We were given info on the times and locations of the summer position. We proceeded to take a spelling test, which included the words: receive, charlatan, commission and stationery. They gave us made-up words that we were supposed to spell phonetically. Then we took a reading comprehension tests where we were tested on our ability to infer and interpret. The test seemed really subjective. This part was the hardest. They gave us 30 minutes to complete it. Then they demonstrated some of their learning processes. We practiced with fellow applicants. During this time, applicants were excused for one-on-one interviews. The one-on-one was quite simple, about six questions. How would you introduce yourself to a student? What would you do if you saw a broken vase or rotting fruit in the front lobby? What would you do if you saw a strange person? Everything took about three hours. I was pretty tired after taking the tests and endlessly practicing the learning processes. I just wanted it all to be over as I approached the one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – How would you introduce yourself to a student?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in April 2012.

Interview Details – You are first invited to a screening with other potential applicants where you complete paperwork . You will take a spelling test as well as a critical-thinking evaluation. After that, you will have a one-on-one interview with the Center Director. Once offered the position, you need to have a background check (with fingerprinting) done as well as a TB test. You will be required to pay for these tests, but will be reimbursed.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was if I were to see dead flowers in the center, what would I do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's not much of a range of pay, but ask for the max. Vacation, sick time and benefits are all mandated by the Corporate office.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes

Worked for Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes? Contribute to the Community!