Linde North America

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plant Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Linde North America in September 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. really interested in your knowledge of safety practices and practical experience when it comes to maintenance and instrumentation

Interview Question – in-depth questioning about lock-out tag-out   Answer Question

Technology Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Linde North America.

Interview Details – I did not have the typical interview experience. Hiring was pretty painless for me as I essentially had a 6 month interview as an outside consultant before I was offered a full time position. I was interviewed over the phone and hired sight unseen as a remote employee.

Help was needed for a major project and they didn't have the requisite skill set internally so they outsourced it to a consulting firm. The consulting firm didn't have anyone with the skill set nearby so it was the consulting firm that interviewed me and again, hired me for the job sight unseen. As my contract was coming to an end Linde sort of panicked since they still had no one to manage the project, which was ongoing, and I was about to take a contract with someone else.

They then made a counter offer which was actually lower than I was making as a contractor, but it was full time permanent with benefits so I took it. It was the right decision.

Negotiation Details – Simple. They made an offer, I made a counter offer and they accepted.

Engineer Interview

Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Linde North America in February 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was basic.
Second interview was tricky. They said they'd send in one group at a time to speak, but they sent in groups from lowest to highest ranking. At the end I was sitting with the head Process and Piping engineers.

Interview Question – They will do research on your resume claims. He wanted me to return a greeting to him in Korean.   View Answer

Operator Interview

Operator
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Linde North America in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was OK - drug testing , background check, phone interview, everything you have come to we expect in today's marketplace. the interviewers were great and really honest. too bad they have some sorry employees working under them. Employees that regularly cheated the company and then wanted you to look the other way.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Linde North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Linde North America interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Linde North America employees and interview candidates.