Lindt & Sprüngli

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in August 2009.

Interview Details – The DM was a very odd woman.
She somehow lost my resume, but was able to contact my boyfriend's parents to get my number. How, I don't know. The whole process took about a month

Interview Question – DM asked me my age, and if I wanted to have children.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – At the time, I needed a job. I took what was offered.

Corporate Employee Interview

Stratham, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in February 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a bit lengthy and I had to come in three different times. The positives were to interview with various members of the department and other members of the cross-functional team. It was helpful to meet with a variety of team members as I was able to ask them questions about their experience, and it helped me ultimately to make my decision to accept the offer. Once the decision was made, the process went very quickly.

Interview Question – Advice - Be prepared to provide specific examples to back up experiences/skills/answers to questions.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in May 2009.

Interview Details – First there was a simple pencil & paper basic math test, checking if I could make change and such. Then, I had a 1:1 interview with the assistant store manager, asking basic behavioral questions. About 3 days later, I had another 1:1 interview with the store manager, which were basically the same types of questions. I was hired a couple days afterwards.

Interview Question – Tell me about a conflict you've had while working in a team and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Bridgewater, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in July 2010.

Interview Details – There is a possibility for a position in near future.

Interview Question – How much do you know about chocolate?   View Answer

Sales Person Interview

Natick, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in August 2009.

Interview Details – Called, asked me some questions, asked how I would approach a customer to sell an item, wanted to know why I wanted to work for Lindt, if I had ever been in one of there stores before, asked if I had open availability, I said no because I had school and was never called again

Interview Question – What is you retail legacy?   Answer Question

NA Manager of Transportation Interview

Exeter, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had applied on-line to a retained recruiter. From the initial conversation, it was almost 2 months before I received an on-site interview. The recruiter did a very good job in preparing for the interview. I met one on one with 4 persons from a VP (hiring manager), director, manager and HR. This was a good mix of individuals. The interviews lasted for 5 hours.

Interview Question – In discussing my lean manufacturing training, did I lead any initiatives and what were the outcomes - how much money was saved?   View Answer

Casual Team Member Interview

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli.

Interview Details – Applied on Seek and was interviewed at one of the tables in the cafe. Interviewer went through resume and asked questions about the information on there. Also asked questions like my strengths, weaknesses, work experience, and my availabilities.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions... they were the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in March 2011.

Interview Details – Unprofessional interview. Manager interview in middle of mall while customers and other mall employees looked, listened as strolling by. Interviewer was not ready for interview. Seemed overly casual and a bit arrogant as to his position. Was looking for someone to boss around and control versus someone who could think and act with common sense.

Interview Question – How would you handle people who liked the old manager and were going to give you a hard time just for getting the position?   Answer Question

Head of International New Media Marketing Interview

Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lindt & Sprüngli in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was approached by a Swiss headhunter who'd found me through linkedin and was specifically looking for a marketeer from ebay, yahoo or google. We spoke by phone and met in London. I flew to Zurich twice for interviews with my direct boss and her boss and used the opportunity to meet the one other member of the team. Questions were about my experience of FMCG (limited to a short consulting project but seemed to be enough for them) and about ebay's approach. Little interest was shown in my ability to think or in my personality and at no stage was I really tested. I guess they were hoping to extract my internet exposure in a way cheaper than using agencies. The offices in Switzerland are amazing with views across the lake but with everyone in their own ivory tower I didn't see how they could work as a team and suspect they don't outside of formal meetings. The Swiss culture is very reserved and rule and hierarchy orientated so hard to break into socially quickly. I was told that without a family I might find it hard to settle in especially travelling so much

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the project you did for Masterfoods? Why do you think they used consultants?   View Answer
  • How does ebay manage its customer insight?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The organisational structure, future prospects and lifestyle just weren't right. I also didn't want to move countries for a job if there wasn't clear support for me and for the role either upwards or in-country.

The decentralised company structure suggested I was walking in to a repeat of my product-related experience at ebay with high expectations but no local budget or resource to deliver. People I spoke to in-country talked of international as the 'brand nazis' they wished would 'bugger off'

The headhunters behaviour post the offer being made was appalling including re were also comments made. The future job and pay prospects he described turned out to be completely unrealistic. I was told my next role would be as MD of a smaller market or Marketing Director of a newly acquired brand in 2-3 years. He was also extremely rude, incessant contact when I was away on holiday despite having asked for no calls whilst I decided whether or not to take the job and suggested I was stupid when I challenged their calculations and offer based on UK tax not being 40% across the board as he suggested. Unless you're earning in the 6 figures you don't actually earn more as Canton tax plus CH tax is about the same as here (Whilst rent is a lot cheaper the cost of day-to-day living is more expensive and with so much travel so you'd want a lifestyle where you wouldn't have to worry about making ends meet when you were at home and that wasn't on offer here.

The most senior person I met made it clear that they really wanted someone different but couldn't afford or find them: someone of my boss' who viewed the jobs a commitment for life not a 2-3 year project as us Brits apparently do. My hobbies (tennis, yoga, etc.) also apparently suggested someone who liked time to themselves and they wanted someone who was on the road entertaining country teams which having done that as a consultant wasn't the lifestyle I was after.

Also it became clear that there was nothing fast about creating change within FMCG and I'd go bananas trying to do this on my own. The examples of the types of worked given fellow and more experience members of the International team suggested things ran on ridiculously slow timelines: 2 years to select a new audio brand tone; 60+ country consensus on a new lead actor for TV and immediate tasks for me weren't appropriate: single-handed creating an image and email database, researching costs - thigns you'd normally outsource

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lindt & Sprüngli? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lindt & Sprüngli interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lindt & Sprüngli employees and interview candidates.