Linear Corporation

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Project Electrical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Linear Corporation.

Interview Details – One-on-one Interview with the Director of Engineering, who would be the supervisor for the position. The interview included in-depth discussion of my qualifications, technical skill-set and experience, and details on several projects. Moving to company product literature, was able to discuss some technical design details and provide some indication of good alignment with the job requirements. After the interview proper, was introduced to several members and have some one-on-one interaction with them. Overall comfortable, small-company setting.

Interview Question – Straightforward interview - no unexpected questions :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer letter, followed by discussion and offer revision - all within a professional context.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Casnovia, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Linear Corporation.

Interview Details – The tech support manager was previously a sales person in another industry. The interview was simple. He based his assessment on my resume and qualifications. The position was not to be filled for another six to eight weeks. During my follow up i was extended the offer. IT wasn't negotiable and I was lead to believe with a good performance monetary increases would follow. Linear maintains a cap on salaries in this position now matter how hard you work or how high you perform.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted less than what I asked for but was lucky to have found a position in the economy of 2009 in Michigan.

Intern Interview

Intern
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Linear Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Just your standard interview. The HR director took a long time to get back to me but otherwise everything went very well. I wasn't caught off guard by any of the questions and they didn't seem like they were trying to trap me. Also they didn't seem like they facebook stalked me, which is always a plus.

Interview Question – What are your strengths/weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well I was accepted as an intern so there was not much negotiation

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Linear Corporation in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with HR then the department manager.

Interview Question – Questions about technical aspects of the job and whether I was familiar with it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Linear Corporation in April 2009.

Interview Details – Waited two weeks to be contacted after sending a resume. Talked to a manager and got back to me in a week and rejected me.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   View Answer

Worked for Linear Corporation? Contribute to the Community!