Linear Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Operator Interview

Operator

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview Details – 2 1:1 interviews, first with your supervisor, then with the Plant manager.

Interview Question – How do you think you would benefit this company?   Answer Question

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Associate Design Engineer
North Chelmsford, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Linear Technology in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough, lasted half a day with several people. I had to demonstrate knowledge of the subject I would be working with, personal attributes, work ethic, published articles, schematic diagrams, source code and working examples of projects I had done.

Interview Question – Please show us a schematic of the product you sell, from memory.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interviewed at Linear Technology

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely professional from start to finish. Initial contact was made at a career fair and an offer to come to their facility for an interview was extended at that time. The interview lasted about 4 hours, with a one hour overview of the company/position and a tour of the facility, followed by about 2 1/2 hours of one-on-one interviews with two supervisors, and then a 1/2 hour recap.

Interview Question – The questions were all technical-based to determine the level of understanding of basic analog circuit design.   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Process Integration Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Linear Technology in December 2013.

Interview Details – Email first to make appointment for interview, then telephone interview.

Interview Question – What's body effect of MOSFET?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Linear Technology in November 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, Interview process went well. Got a phone interview, and then an onsite interview. Onsite was 1 on 1 interview for about 1 hour each session. Interview took the whole day, maybe 8 hour or so. I was exhausted. Tested on fundamental circuit theories and also digital circuits theories. Very nice, bright, and professional interviewers. Would definitely enjoy working at the facility, but did not receive any follow up after the onsite.

Interview Question – ADC, DAC questions   Answer Question

Process Integration Interview

Process Integration

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Linear Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview for around an hour. Asked about physics of BJT and MOSFET, process of fabrication.

Interview Question – The questions are very detailed, so make sure to read up before the interview.   Answer Question

Analog IC Design Interview

Analog IC Design

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Linear Technology in February 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview and it was normal talking for 30 minutes and technical questions for 15 minutes. The guy was very nice and he was giving me hints if I am stuck.

Interview Question – Do a detail DC sweep of a n-channel MOSFET and Graph.   View Answer

Associate Applications Engineer Interview

Associate Applications Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Linear Technology in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed for 2 different departments with similar openings in the same day. Arrived early in the morning, visiting with multiple department engineers over the course of several hours. Quizzed on various fundamental and "tricky" questions. Finally, discussed with the department assistant manager about the company culture, department goals & requirements, and general personality questions.

After breaking for lunch, was led to second round of interviewing for other position, with similar format, again speaking with several department engineers. Occasionally had difficulty answering questions due to language barrier confusion with some, but generally was not felt overwhelmingly pressured or intimidated at a psychological level by the process.

Interview Question – What is the frequency response of different types of capacitors and why would you use one or the other? (Ceramic, electrolytic)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Following the interview, acceptance was not indicated for at least 3 weeks even with follow-up emails. Delay due to semi-annual sales conference. Negotiations were non-existent due to the expectation that the counter-offer would likely not be accepted.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Linear Technology in March 2012.

Interview Details – If you want to be a design engineer at Linear, besides knowing circuit fundamentals (R's, C's, L's) you really have to know your transistors. Current mirrors, current sources, diff pairs, cascoding, matching, op-amps, etc. You should also know control systems, noise gain, miller effect, etc. Last but not least, a knowledge of device structure, physics, and non-idealities is necessary. Some companies pride themselves in being able to train monkeys to be design engineers, but Linear only accepts the very best.

Interview Question – For an op-amp with 1kOhm output impedance and 1MHz GBP (1st order gain rolloff), operated as a follower and driving a capacitive load, what value of capacitance will bring the phase margin to 45 degrees?   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Milpitas, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Linear Technology in March 2009.

Interview Details – Coordination of the interview was professional. Interview consisted of 7-8 1-on-1 interviews at remote site and 7-8 1-on-1 interviews at HQ. Interviewers were very thorough: one of them had 3-4 pages of printed questions for me to go through with little help. If you know your fundamentals, you'll do well.

Interview Question – Discuss the benefits cascode devices have on PSRR performance.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Wasn't excited about remote location.

Worked for Linear Technology? Contribute to the Community!