Link A Media Devices Interview Questions

2.7

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Link A Media Devices.

Phone interview, followed by an on-site interview

Synthesis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Link A Media Devices in May 2012.

At first, You will follow HR staff into a conference room. The 15mins talking with HR staff includes your expected salary, earliest working date, kinds of benefits in the company. After that, stay in the conference room and interviewers will come one by one to ask different interview questions for 45mins. Be sure to know every detail about your past project written in the resume.

Interview Questions
    • given 8 input ports, detect the number of input with logic 1 by using full adders only   View Answer
    • setup and hold time concepts, how to solve timing violations   View Answer
    • design XOR gate by using 2to1 mux   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Link A Media Devices in April 2012.

Some time in between the conversation I felt the communication problem as all the interviewers were Asians and it was hard to keep up with them sometimes only.

Interview Questions
    • One of the question was a combinatinal circuit and the othe unexpected question was ; why did you took so much time to complete this project?   Answer Question

Junior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Link A Media Devices in November 2011.

All of the questions are technical, such as:

draw a 2-bits counter using dff or other gate

Design a FSM to detect sequence 1101

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Link A Media Devices in July 2010.

I was called to arrange a time for a phone interview. The actual interview sounded like I was on a speakerphone and there were others in the room besides the person asking the questions. The interviewer never told me his role in the company, what the company did, what exactly they were looking for, what projects I've worked on, just started asking interview questions. It took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • how deep of a FIFO do i need in the following case:
      for every 100 clock cycles, 80 clock cycles are writes
      for ever 10 clock cycles, 8 clock cycles are reads
      assume the clocks are the same
        View Answer
    • assume i have a memory controller. it talks to dram/flash/etc and has a host configuration interface. the memory controller arbitrates among 3 inputs. if you were to model a requester, what info would it need to provide to the memory controller   Answer Question
    • if i have a system with n pipeline cycles, under what conditions will i have the worst latency and how can you minimize the latency.   Answer Question
    • can you get higher utilization in an ASIC or FPGA?   Answer Question
    • what sort of issues would you run into when you design for an FGPA vs an ASIC   Answer Question

Hardware Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Link A Media Devices in June 2012.

Asked questions about my work and academic experience and discussed the job description. Asked basic Digital Design questions such as naming and describing the different kinds of FSMs and their characteristics, how to synchronize data on different clock frequencies, describe setup and hold times and how they affect a system.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how to synchronize data between to interfaces running at different clock frequencies.   View Answer

Junior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Link A Media Devices in November 2011.

First a recruiter asked me some questions such as my work experiences, gpa points, and then to set up a date for a phone interview. After several days, I got a phone interview from a hiring manager. He ask me my project experiences and my academic background, what is difference between Mealy and Moore FSM, read/write operations in DDR2, transmission line questions, and what is the design flow of ASIC design.

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between moore and mealy ?   Answer Question
    • what is the design flow in ASIC design ?   Answer Question
    • what is the process of how to performance a read/write operation ?
      what is the process of how to performance two read operations ?
      what is meaning of signal DQ ?
        Answer Question