LinkedIn Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

INterview process was intense- 3 phone interviews, 1 6 pannel interview in person, and then finally you present a 30, 60, 90 day plan on how you would ramp up to speed. very results and data driven.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handeled conflict?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a very positive experience at LinkedIn, although I didn't get an offer. I got in touch with the recruiter via a referral. The recruiter, the hiring manager and the other persons from the team, were all very nice. In the end I didn't get an offer since they choose to promote someone from within the company. Which was too bad for me at the time but promoting people form within the company is actually good for current employees and speaks for the company.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about their business model and to tell a lot about your past experiences via behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

A LinkedIn recruiter contacted me. After a brief phone screen, he told me that the hiring manager was eager to meet me. Another recruiter contacted me from there to schedule an onsite interview. She confused the position I was interviewing for then corrected herself in a subsequent email. The initial onsite interview was a half-hour meet and greet. I received positive feedback from my lead recruiter and was told that they would like me to come in for another interview. For this interview, I needed to put together a presentation based on a homework assignment that Recruiter 2 passed along. There was some confusion between the recruiters on the format of the interview, but this was resolved prior to the interview. That Monday, I presented to the hiring manager and another person on the team. They did not have much curiosity about my professional background and spent much of the time grilling me with business case questions that would be difficult for most candidates to answer on the spot. Recruiter 2 then set up an interview with the department head. The department head was more than 20 minutes late to call me. She apologized and we planned for a 5 p.m. Friday phone interview the next day. She asked a kind of business consulting question that I was unfamiliar with and unprepared for. Consequently, I was thrown off for the rest of the interview. Next, I received a call from my main recruiter who apologized for the question and told me that it was not something that he had prepared me to answer. He told me that I was still their top candidate and that they would work on putting together an offer letter in the next few days. The next day, the recruiter emailed me and said that they decided not to go ahead with the offer. His explanation was that the hiring manager had changed her mind after speaking with the department head. This was after I received a verbal offer that was reneged after wasting hours of my time. The whole process left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• What is the dollar value of a LinkedIn customer?   Answer Question
    • We have a product that customers love, but it requires a lot of manual work and ends up costing more than we make. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long but well worth it in the end. I have 2 phone interviews and 7 face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you see social media shaping advertiser spending in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy and not stressful at all. I recieved a great offer and it was above my asking price.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, who works directly for LinkedIn. Recruiter in California / I'm in Chicago. The appointment was set and the recruiter called right on time. Many of the usual questions were asked of me. Examples: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, give examples of your sales background, how many people did you manage in your previous job, etc. Felt as though the recruiter was somewhat distracted. I could hear typing in the background, and I presume recording my answers to her questions. I may have been on speaker phone, which I find distracting. Recruiter was somewhat snippy when I asked a probing question about the job responsibilities. Interview lasted about 20 minutes and by then, we had determined that I was overqualified for the position. The way LinkedIn titles their job positions is misleading, in my estimation. For example, this job opening was titled Account Manager. However, after discussion, it became clear to me that the job did not call for management; Rather more of a coordinator or subordinate role. I was mildly annoyed that the recruiter would not have known of my over qualifications, just based on my resume. I'm rating the interview difficult, because I felt the recruiter should have known that I was extremely over qualified for the position. The questions themselves were what you would expect.

Interview Questions

• Did you read the job description?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very professional. Feedback was given exactly when they said it would and the whole process ran very smoothly. It took about 2 months and involved two phone interview, a panel interview (including a presentation), and a final 1 on 1 interview with a senior manager.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in August 2014.

Interview

Had 4 interviews over the phone, including 1 via Skype. 3 normal phone interviews and a presentation on the platform and their products based on a case study. These were with a number of different levels of seniority within the organisation. All were very friendly and very positive throughout the process. Overall a pleasant experience even if I did not receive an offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the presentation. I had to present based on a case study a proposal for advertising. I had not used the platform previously before the interview so I had to do a lot of research but there were many questions relating to the products I should probably have known more about.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin and got an email from recruiter after a week for a phone interview. The recruiter was 30 minutes late for the call. Not a great start. I was asked basic interview screening questions and went over my experience. The call took about an hour. The next working day I got an email from the recruiter requesting to organize a phone interview for me with the hiring manager. I replied with my availability but never got a response or confirmation of the interview. I emailed again to find out more but never got a response. I find it very rude that the recruiter didn't keep me up to date on what's going on, at least let me know I didn't get through.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 phone interviews followed by a front interview (was needed to re-locate so first they had me go through all sorts of phone conversations). The questions were basic but done thoroughly - you can't talk your way out of it, these guys know what it's all about. before entering the interview, look up all there is to know regarding the company, nice CV and a good personality is not enough!

Interview Questions

• how would i make advertisers use more LinkedIn than before   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

I get 1 phone screening, 1 general conversation with head of sales europe and a 1:1 with my future manager.

Interview Questions

• business case about a high tech company   1 Answer

not high salary