LinkedIn Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Site Reliability Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2014.

Recruiter emailed me and scheduled a phone call screen. After the phone screen I had a technical screen, which I got feedback on 5 minutes after the interview. There was another round of interviews with two people, one of them was coding on collabedit and the other was theoretical SRE questions. Recruiter let me know I made it to the next round, scheduled a phone call and made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of different questions on a lot of different topics. From doing some scripting in Python to how to scale an application to data center sizes.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it's an internship.

Sales Solutions Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LinkedIn.

I was referred by a senior executive to the hiring manager. That person did not seem to know much about me, my connections or my background, which surprised me given that the group evangelizes social selling. The group is clearly growing fast & jobs are in demand.

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn.

Contacted by internal recruiter. Followed by two technical phone interviews and onsite. General hiring. All interviews come with a pair of interviewers; sometimes one of them is a shadow. Technical phone interviews are all algorithm questions. Onsite interview consists of 5-6 rounds; 2 design, 3 coding/algorithm, 1 behavioral. HR is very professional. Overall employees have high spirit. You got a gift basket containing your LinkedIn social map and some snacks; you'll need them at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Design a system to integrate education certificate from external vendors to LinkedIn.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LinkedIn.

I was contacted by a recruiter and the initial time to set up my interviews was fast. Everyone was very nice, respectful and I always left feeling very positive about the thought of working here, since everyone seemed to enjoy it so much. However, after 1 written and verbal presentation and over 2 months of interviews (on the phone, via Skype, and in person twice at two different office locations), they decided to go with another candidate. They give you a tablet to use while you wait for your in-person interivew at the headquarters - why, I don't know, but it was cool.

Interview Questions
    • Something about innovative ways to incorporate blogging...   Answer Question

Ad Operations Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at LinkedIn.

Only requested an on-site interview lasting a couple of hours. Team asked personality questions and were interested in work experience. HR was interested in whether my goals aligned with company and asked about my vision for the product. It was unclear who the hiring manager was. They all told me to connect with them on LinkedIn but most didn't accept my invitation.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see LinkedIn's ad products in five years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2014.

Contacted by recruiter
    Phone screen by 2 engineer using http://collabedit.com

Interview Questions
    • * Print binary tree level by level
      * Find distance between words in a string
        eg: String => "I am a good girl" distance between "I" and "good" is 3
        View Answers (2)

Marketing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2014.

Process took 6+ weeks and consisted of one phone interview, one Skype interview, one in-person interview. HR slow and unresponsive in communicating next steps. I had to follow up and move each stage along. Process seemed very disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews consisted of a review of my skills and experience. Overall seemed to be an easy interview; I was surprised at the lack of communication/information I received from HR regarding my status during the process.

I was never informed that I was not selected, even with the appropriate follow-up. I expected more given the companies mission.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2014.

Interview was an initial phone conversation followed by an onsite interview day. I was interviewed by 5 different people. They flew me out and put me up in a hotel. The interview process was pretty standard. It consisted of a technical coding interview where I had to write code on the white board, followed by a software design interview and then some interviews with the management. I also was given a tour of the campus and given a welcome to your interview pack. Hardest part of the interview was at the end with one of the executives, who tore apart my resume, questioned what I was wearing, swore and made me feel like a fraud!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn.

I was referred at LinkedIn. The recruitment team was prompt and very responsive to schedule changes. The lead recruiter was very informative on the phone and talked to me for half an hour explaining LinkedIn and understanding my interests. I was very impressed.

First Phone Screen: Collabedit coding was expected with perfect language syntax
    Implement power function efficiently.
    Find maximum sum subset in an array with negative integers

Second Phone Screen:
    Find if a string is a number or not.
    Repeat question of maximum sum subset. After telling them that I already answered this, they were surprised as the first interviewer had not left any notes! This was a hard problem which I had answered correctly. I was very disappointed.
    Variation of the same problem, maximum product subset. I faultered a bit and was not able to get to the right code. However my idea was correct.

Interview Questions
    • Maximum product subset with negative and positive integers   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2014.

Got a recruiter called for phone interview after couple days applied for this position on Linkedin website. Scheduled for technical interview 2 days later. After first technical phone interview, they scheduled me for one more technical phone interview with other team members. and after that recruiter called me that I did not attend team's expectation.. whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • explain what is "Graceful degredation versus progressive enhancement", I did not prepare well on this one probably the reason..   Answer Question