LinkedIn

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview Details – On campus hiring for MBA graduates - had to apply through the school's hiring process. A shortlist was sent out a week later, with one more week to prepare for the interview.

Initial interview conducted by a single Sr. Product Manager. Friendly, started off with her own introduction and then Tell Me About Yourself. Went on to product questions - what product in the market do you like and why, what do you not like and how would you improve it, how would you get X & Y teams to buy into your proposed change, what product do you think LinkedIn should invest in going forward and which ones does it not have to invest too much in, any questions for me?

Interview Question – How would you get buy in from X team? What argument would you make to them?   View Answer

Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview Details – Current MBA student, applied to PM New Grad position. Had attended the LinkedIn PM tour earlier in the summer for MBA students in PM roles in the Bay Area.

Had an initial call with HR after which a "technical interview" was scheduled with a PM. The technical interview had nothing technical about it, just 4 questions - about myself, my internship projects, why PM-role/why LinkedIn, and whether I'd been involved in a product launch. A 45 minute interview that ended in less than 25 minutes. A few days later I heard back saying they decided not to move ahead with my candidacy.

I'm not sure on what basis the decision was made (because nothing was asked that wasn't already on my resume). I spent a week researching the company inside out, had some great (in my view) suggestions and ideas but the interview seemed like a formality to reject my candidacy. Feel let down by the company and the process.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, the most basic of all behavioral questions - about yourself, why LinkedIn and tell me about your internship projects   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2011.

Interview Details – Pleasant experience overall. Recruiters were very pleasant to work with, i had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a couple of conversations with employees and finally an onsite interview with 3 people.

Interview Question – If you were the CEO for Facebook what top 3 things would you do for the company?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews ->
super day with 5 1:1 interviews ->
offer

Interview Question – How would you improve the signing process of LinkedIn?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked for a case study on elevator in a building
Also asked for my background (enterprise solutions in S/W)
He also alsked me why I joined MBA.
Asked for my previous experiences and why I quit certain companies.
Also asked how would I use my experience in Business to help linkedIn.

Interview Question – Case study on elevators in a building   View Answer

Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2009.

Interview Details – The process started with a quick phone screen with an HR person. The second interaction was a phone interview with a lead product manager. The interview consisted of some standard PM questions regarding metrics and feature development. The third step was a set of 4 1:1 interviews at the office. Unfortunately, since the first interviewer was late, the whole process ended up being a bit rushed. Questions ranged from personality questions, situational questions, my thoughts/impressions of the industry, and also direct questions related to specific issues LinkedIn was encountering at the time.

If you are interviewing as a PM, be sure to know the site/product really well and be prepared to offer thoughtful suggestions on improvements. For any suggestions, you'd likely be asked how you would implement.

Interview Questions

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at LinkedIn in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round f2f interview with a product manager

Interview Question – After "walk me through your resume" as a warm up, no behavioral question was asked. All the questions were focused on the LinkedIn product. My answers were challenged, so back up yours.
1. How do you like the endorse feature of LinkedIn
2. What metrics will you look at in order to evaluate the success of our product
3. How will you promote a new feature?
4. How will you improve the webpage of LinkedIn
The interviewer was very serious and had no facial expression.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at LinkedIn

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LinkedIn Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by LinkedIn employees and interview candidates.