LinkedIn

Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online – interviewed at LinkedIn.

Applied for the position through their website. Received an email from one of their recruiters. The recruiter seemed really friendly and provided some background into the position. Went through some standard questions regarding my background and said she would pass my info to the hiring manager to schedule another phone screen. Maybe I misunderstood the recruiter but it felt like they would followup with me to schedule next interview but I never heard from them. I sent the recruiter an email to the recruiter a couple of weeks later following up on status. She said she would check with hiring manager and get back to me. Never heard anything since and never received a rejection email. As such, not a good experience.

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LinkedIn.

On campus hiring for MBA graduates - had to apply through the school's hiring process. A shortlist was sent out a week later, with one more week to prepare for the interview.

Initial interview conducted by a single Sr. Product Manager. Friendly, started off with her own introduction and then Tell Me About Yourself. Went on to product questions - what product in the market do you like and why, what do you not like and how would you improve it, how would you get X & Y teams to buy into your proposed change, what product do you think LinkedIn should invest in going forward and which ones does it not have to invest too much in, any questions for me?

Interview Questions
    • How would you get buy in from X team? What argument would you make to them?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LinkedIn.

Current MBA student, applied to PM New Grad position. Had attended the LinkedIn PM tour earlier in the summer for MBA students in PM roles in the Bay Area.

Had an initial call with HR after which a "technical interview" was scheduled with a PM. The technical interview had nothing technical about it, just 4 questions - about myself, my internship projects, why PM-role/why LinkedIn, and whether I'd been involved in a product launch. A 45 minute interview that ended in less than 25 minutes. A few days later I heard back saying they decided not to move ahead with my candidacy.

I'm not sure on what basis the decision was made (because nothing was asked that wasn't already on my resume). I spent a week researching the company inside out, had some great (in my view) suggestions and ideas but the interview seemed like a formality to reject my candidacy. Feel let down by the company and the process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, the most basic of all behavioral questions - about yourself, why LinkedIn and tell me about your internship projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn in March 2012.

Two phone interviews ->
    super day with 5 1:1 interviews ->
    offer

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve the signing process of LinkedIn?   Answer Question
    take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at LinkedIn in November 2011.

Interviewer asked for a case study on elevator in a building
    Also asked for my background (enterprise solutions in S/W)
    He also alsked me why I joined MBA.
    Asked for my previous experiences and why I quit certain companies.
    Also asked how would I use my experience in Business to help linkedIn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LinkedIn in March 2011.

Pleasant experience overall. Recruiters were very pleasant to work with, i had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a couple of conversations with employees and finally an onsite interview with 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the CEO for Facebook what top 3 things would you do for the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LinkedIn in September 2009.

The process started with a quick phone screen with an HR person. The second interaction was a phone interview with a lead product manager. The interview consisted of some standard PM questions regarding metrics and feature development. The third step was a set of 4 1:1 interviews at the office. Unfortunately, since the first interviewer was late, the whole process ended up being a bit rushed. Questions ranged from personality questions, situational questions, my thoughts/impressions of the industry, and also direct questions related to specific issues LinkedIn was encountering at the time.

If you are interviewing as a PM, be sure to know the site/product really well and be prepared to offer thoughtful suggestions on improvements. For any suggestions, you'd likely be asked how you would implement.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at LinkedIn in December 2012.

1st round f2f interview with a product manager

Interview Questions
    • After "walk me through your resume" as a warm up, no behavioral question was asked. All the questions were focused on the LinkedIn product. My answers were challenged, so back up yours.
      1. How do you like the endorse feature of LinkedIn
      2. What metrics will you look at in order to evaluate the success of our product
      3. How will you promote a new feature?
      4. How will you improve the webpage of LinkedIn
      The interviewer was very serious and had no facial expression.

Answer Question