LinkedIn

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview Details – Conducted initial phone interview. Asked basic questions on product development and marketing strategy.

Interview Question – Not unexpected, but was asked about building a sales force.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2013.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting process. LinkedIn employees are very friendly & approachable. Passed the first round and got invited to New York for second-round interviews. The office maintains a fun, start-up-like culture while being a large, IPO-listed company. There are snacks and the office is fast expanding (at least in New York). Overall a good interview experience, although I decided to go with another opportunity.

Interview Question – What would you like to be known for in the office? "The guy who..."?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview Details – - be prepared to describe why you want to work for LinkedIn... not just cause its a cool tech company but because of why it's doing something that you want to be a part of!
- know how we make money!
- don't apply for a job here and not have a LI profile

Interview Question – How many pens can you fit into an airplane?
How many windows are in San Francisco?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LinkedIn in August 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview w/ presentation and panel portion, contact 1 month later hired.

Interview Question – Rank in order of importance: Manager, Money, Skills, Peers, Flexibility, Location   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in July 2013.

Interview Details – Great quick & thorough and they give you a gift bag.

Interview Question – Had 4 interviews in 1 day.   Answer Question

Sales Development Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview Details – Came in to give a sales pitch after a series of phone calls. They give you material to study before the pitch. You must know this material and demonstrate it during your pitch. They went on to have me interview with a sales dev specialist team leader and the sales dev manager. Overall everyone was vey nice and gave immediate feedback.

Interview Question – What did you do wrong during your sales pitch?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, a pretty straightforward and enjoyable hiring/interview process. Phone interview (generally with your HR contact), followed by a "Batch Day" (superday) with several in-person, 1-on-1 interviews. Phone interview was very casual, entirely behavioral. In-person interviews were mostly behavioral and largely focused on getting a better sense of how you interact with people, what your take on sales is, why you're interested in working in sales and at LinkedIn, etc. One of your superday interviews will be a sample sales pitch/presentation where you role-ply as a LinkedIn salesperson pitching recruitment solutions to a potential client. 10min long, you're given materials beforehand to brief yourself on the project. Expectations aren't extremely high, just hit all the points -- find the pains, be courteous, bring up the best parts of the product as they pertain to the client's needs, etc. Received notification that I'd been extended the offer within the week.

Interview Question – Run a 10min sales meeting with a potential client (pitch LinkedIn). You're given some brief context before the Batch Day interview via email, along with a few PPT's with more details regarding the recruitment solutions product, how to pitch a client, a sales checklist, etc. Presentation is given to your will-be manager and someone else.   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went to an info session on campus and applied online, then was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. The phone screen was pretty basic and short, only about twenty minutes. The recruiter was really nice and asked me about a time when I acted as a leader, if I had any experience working with a quota, and of course why I wanted to work at LinkedIn. He gave me time to ask him questions about the position, and then invited me to their Invitational in San Francisco the following week.

At the Invitational there were about seven other candidates. We got a chance to ask one of the team managers our questions about the company and about the position, and then we got a tour of the office and lunch. At lunch they brought in a bunch of other SDSs for us to talk to. They were all very nice, friendly and open to answering questions. We then went off to our four, 30-minute interviews. Again, the questions were pretty standard; be prepared to talk about why you want to work at LinkedIn, why you want to work in sales, your teamwork experience, leadership experience, and what sets you apart as a candidate. Know the product pretty well, too. I walked out feeling pretty good about it, and was contacted by my recruiter with an offer the next day.

Overall, it was a great experience! Everyone was extremely friendly, outgoing, and intelligent; they obviously loved the company and had great experiences to share. Just relax, be yourself, and ask a lot of questions. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was a generous offer so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of phone screen with an recruter and then in-house invitational. The in-house invitational was a great experience that consiste of four interviews all about 30 minutes long. The interviews were very straight forward. The first two were more fit based and the last two interviews were more hypothetical and thinking based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me what was your biggest weakness is and when did you realize this was your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through LinkedIn website. I reached out to the recruiter who posted the job- I think this is what put myself on their map

15-20 minute phone interview, very standard, what are you passionate about, why LinkedIn, why are you looking to move etc. At the end, it went well and I was invited to LinkedIn SF to interview there. They were straight up about the job and the pay- Pay is around 40K, you could make 50 if you really excelled. Here's the catch- 2 years ago, they implemented a new program for sales development where you are actually a recruiter for Linkedin for the first 3-4 months on the job. You are calling people to have them come work at LinkedIn. Yes, you gain familiarity with the platform and recruiting (which is LI's bread and butter) but still, not a lot of fun

Anyway, went up to SF to interview. Welcomed, was there with 6 other candidates, we received t shirts, giveaways etc. We heard about the company and spoke to 3 recruiters, then had a nice lunch and got a comprehensive tour of the offices- very corporate but also modern with the silicon valley touch. Keep in mind you would start in Sunnyvale or Mt. View, not SF- which isn't too great.

Regardless, after lunch, 4 separate interviews with sales development team leads/managers , each about 30 mins. Very standard- why linkedin, tell me about yourself. Everyone was very nice. Make sure you can distinguish yourself (your prop, what you can bring to LI). Know the platform through and through.

Had to hound the recruiter for a week to hear back. Did not receive an offer. I may have been overqualified- the role really is just cold calling people as a recruiter

Interview Question – What would you change about LinkedIn?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at LinkedIn

Worked for LinkedIn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LinkedIn Sales Development Specialist interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by LinkedIn employees and interview candidates.